Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 07:54:36
Page:  1 
Detroit Demolitions Started by: NathanExplosion on Nov 03, '20 23:25

NathanExplosion had secured the premises in a short meeting with TaylorBrown weeks ago. But the paperwork was cumbersome and time consuming with local governance. So many permits and forms, waivers and contracts with the local authorities. The fire code had to be acknowledged, the city ordinances adhered to. But finally, Nathan's second explosives shop was open and ready for business. 

The Chicago branch was doing extremely well and Nathan was eager to expand into the nearest criminal market. It was a small corner shop downtown, brick built and sturdy. This one certainly wouldn't burn down easily. The shelves were stocked with all the usuals: cherry bombs and whisker doos, roman candles and fire crackers. The back room was stocked with the true goodies. TNT, nitro, new fangled plastic explosives and the like. Everything someone would need to rob a bank or torch a rival's business. NathanExplosion hired some staff to keep an eye on the place while he was out of town, and trained them up on safe pyrotechnics handling procedures, before opening the doors.

Report Post Tip

Zeb BOING!'s into the demolition depot, breathless.

@Nathan_Explosion, it's nearly guy fawkes night and noone, NOONE is selling fireworks!  I asked at the Chicago depot but the assistant mumbled something about 'not my job mate' and scuttled off.

Can you help?  I'm frantic, If i don't get my catherine wheel i'll be mortified!

Report Post Tip

Gunther heard of something absolutely spectacular residing in Detroit. He had to see it for himself. Walking the streets, he slowly made his way over to Detroit Demolitions. He grinned from ear to ear standing outside. He entered and felt at home immediately. There were beautiful amounts of bang goods all around him.

He looked around hoping to see someone he could speak with. He spotted a jacked dude with long black hair, that had to be the guy. He walked over to NathanExplosion and smiled.

"Hey there, is this your place?"

Report Post Tip

NathanExplosion returned to his Detroit branch to check up on operations and sales. One of the employees mentioned some crazy dude had come in and bought up all the Catherine Wheels, so Nathan placed a replacement order over the phone. He was just wrapping up his check up when a patron approached him. It was Gunther, an old friend from old times. Nathan smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, this is my joint. What can I help you blow up, bud?"

Report Post Tip

Zeb BOING!'s in and immediately apologises to his guvnor for the name thing.

NathanExplosion i need something that that's unobtrusive but gives off a good bang, as I seem to have misplaced my girlfriend.

Report Post Tip
Ashura knew that at times, nothing made a point better than a loud explosion and fire. Oh, sure, people out on increasingly convoluted displays of power and force. But when push came to shove, sometimes, it was hard to beat the classics.

Usually, getting his hands on good incendiary material was hard. Smuggled goods tended to be stored in places that ruined the efficacy of the explosives. So, he was delighted when he first heard about Detroit Demolitions. The place would solve his troubles, at least in the general vicinity of the state.

Walking into the establishment, Ashura did his best to look and sound nonchalant. "Hey, I'm looking for something that could -- theoretically -- do a bit of damage in a concentrated idea. More noise than damage, if ya catch my drift. I have...pests that need to be scared off my farm, if ya catch my drift."
Report Post Tip

it seemed like a great idea... every little boy's dream... the Red Bleeding Roman Candle.. Killer Kamuro.. Slicing Slither

So many choices.. he needed more money

In the end, the biggest mistake was trying out the horde outside his sister-in-law's house. 2am might have also not been a good choice to start his learning in pyrotechnics

Report Post Tip

It had been a long while since NathanExplosion had checked in on his Detroit branch. What with moving into the city full time and making sure the transfer was peaceful, he hadn't had time.

He was not surprised to see the place was basically deserted when he entered. Clearly the staff he hired were not doing their part.

"YOU'RE ALL FIRED!!!" He screeched at them. They fled the building at once. "It's time I took a greater interest in this business."

Report Post Tip

Kaya had always enjoyed coming back to Detroit from time to time, mainly because she had a lot of drug contacts in the city who were always looking to make a pretty buck, but also because it was nice coming back to her roots. Having worked under the Detroit criminal empire for a long time during her younger days, walking Corktown's familiar streets always gave her a bittersweet feeling remembering her friends who have come and gone. All this being said... it can also be said Kaya had also been a bit more fond of Detroit ever since her trivia-apprentice-slash-bully-slash-friend NathanExplosion took over and turned it into the even more glorious city it is right now.

She decided to drop by his local business to say hi but as soon as she entered the store, she caught the tail end of Nathan throwing a fit. The staff exiting the building all looked at her in alarm as if to warn her not to go inside, but she decided to enter anyway. "Hey loser, I could hear you from like two blocks away. I just passed by to tell you you suck, life has no meaning, etcetera etcetera, you know how it goes. But if you need a hand fixing this place up, I can help for the small fee of 100 million dollars."

Report Post Tip

NathanExplosion chuckled and winked at Kaya, making her blush, obviously.

"The place needs no fixing up, just the staffholes I hired. No worries, I'll have some new schmucks in here before too long. In the meantime, can I help you with anything? Throwing a party? Looking to just blow some shit up? Lighting an ex's car on fire? I'm your guy."

Report Post Tip

Yes, Kaya turned the shade of vermillion and stuttered over her words as she couldn't cope with the pure attractiveness that NathanExplosion was giving off. Sure, that definitely happened. When she finally regathered her bearings, she nodded briskly and looked around the room. "No no, nothing too exciting or big, I'll need something a little more... covert. I know you like your explosions to be as metal as possible, but this one will need to be a quiet and un-metal one because Takkar and I will be using it to torch a business threatening to rival my rehab center. We're hoping to this in the middle of the night so I don't want anyone waking up from the noise and foiling our plan, you know? You think you got anything like that for me?"

Report Post Tip

If you could judge a man by the size of his volume then the Bowler was one to be well respected amongst his peers, but sadly most people didn't take into account such things when deciding the worth of another. What was volume, anyways, but the decibel at which ones voice was heard? It was surely not enough to put him into the leagues of extraordinary gentlemen and so pursuing this line of thinking further he made his way to Detroit where he could become even louder-- with explosives.

The city was still trying to return back to normal after one of those underground wars that happen from time to time in America, one of its dirtiest secrets was the amount of blood that was spilled here in the name of glory and potential earnings. One of the buildings that had fallen on rough times since the death of Nathan Explosion was Detroit Demolitions, it seemed mostly empty and no one had been on the forefront of upkeeping these hallowed halls seeing as how ratty it was on the inside.

Forcing the door open, the Bowler looked around and was brought to the musky scent of what could only be described as loose oils that were dripping from a few of the old canisters that used to contain these liquids proudly, now serving as nothing more than a relic rather than useful equipment; it almost upset the man, but instead he carried on with his quest to make the loudest sound one possibly could as he fought past some loose firecrackers and a couple barrels of gunpowder.

What can I use here? There has to be something... his voice was a bit strained due to the fact that most of his body was currently contorted trying to force itself past a door that was partially stuck in its ways, much like himself. There was some sort of lesson in all of this, but it was quickly lost when he finally squeezed his way inside the back room that was filled haphazardly with all sorts of large equipment of mass destruction and annoyance. Alright, this might just be perfect. Once more a fuse was lit in his mind at nearly the same time as the one on the dynamite that was precariously being held in his hand.

Often he would lose himself in thought, but this was one of those times it could prove more deadly than the others. Realizing his mistake he quickly threw it into a pile of other such dangerous explosive materials and jumping out of a window partially on his own volition and another part thanks to the massive shock wave that was now emanating through the entire place-- the volume of a lifetime had been achieved, as well as the destruction of what was technically still private property.

Feeling a bit bad about the destruction of Detroit Demolitions, the Bowler sent five hundred thousand over to the kin of Nathan Explosion as what could only be described as a pity fee for what he had just done. While the carnage could be witnessed for miles, the only thing keeping the Bowler alive was a refrigerator he had been pushed into only moments after flying out of the business; this was a very realistic thing that could happen and has been documented on movies so don't complain to me about it.

Well I think I've done it, I think I've achieved maximum volume, with a tear in his eye he fought his way out of the fridge and off to another part of Detroit where there wasn't rubble everywhere. He was also not sure if more explosions would be coming soon, as there was a lot of loose and mostly dangerous things inside of this establishment.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Detroit Demolitions
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL