Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 17:47:01
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
GAME BUG: NPM Purchase Limits Started by: Squishy on May 12, '11 16:42

A bug has been found which didn't stop the ability from purchasing NPMs according to the real member-npm member ratio that was coded in. This has been fixed.

For future reference, the break down is as follows:

Any crew can have up to 10 NPMs, regardless of their crew member count.

Once your total crew size (players + npms) exceeds 15, your NPM count can not exceed 33% of your total crew size, and you will be unable to purchase additional NPMs until you get more members, or npms die off putting you back below the 33% ratio. (Example, 30 real members means you can have 15 NPMs for a grand total of 45 members)

Report Post Tip

Any crew can have up to 10 NPMs, regardless of their crew member count.

"(Example, 30 real members means you can have 15 NPMs for a grand total of 45 members)"

Unless I'm reading this wrong, that doesn't make sense. Up to 10 NPM's in the first part, but then it says you can have 15? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding it.

Report Post Tip

Telkin is terrible at reading.

Report Post Tip

Apparently.

Report Post Tip

Meaning the ratio doesnt kick in until you either hit 15 total members (NPMS + Players) OR until you hit 10 NPMs, which every comes first.

Report Post Tip

Ahh, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Report Post Tip

"Once your total crew size (players + npms) exceeds 15, your NPM count can not exceed 33% of your total crew size"

Unless I'm misunderstanding, my quick math indicates that this puts a "hiring gap" for crews with 15-30 (combined real+NPM) members. A crew with 15 real players could only hire up to seven NPMs (total crew size up to 22, 1/3 of which rounds down to 7). I'm curious if that's intentional. Or am I misreading the intention here, and the function is min(10 | .33 * crew size)? If that's the case, the switch just happens at 30 members is all, and feel free to mock me for nitpicking.

Report Post Tip

Being honest.. I have no idea all this maths. The way I am reading the math.. (I am probably miles off and completely wrong) but the more members you have then 33% of that will be your current cap. So.. the bigger your crew size.. the more NPM's you can have?

If this is true then the NPM feature doesn't add up. I thought it was supposed to be the smaller your crew the more NPM's you have. Then once you start to increase in size the less NPM's you can have as there is less need for them.

Report Post Tip

I never thought about it like that Mrs-Doubtfire, but I do see your point. Well then, what a conundrum.. 

Report Post Tip

Hmmm, well if you say that doogle then that means my understanding of the math in this is correct. Which puts this feature on a weird scale...

If the math is difficult to work out overall to see what you can do to make it the way it was intentionally made to be then I just strongly suggest having a max cap of 10 NPM's overall. No matter your family size etc. Even for new crews as 10 NPM's is plenty in my opinion with the amount of $$ they earn.

Report Post Tip

Not a fan here. I like having 20 NPM's :(

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME BUG: NPM Purchase Limits
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL