Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 21:22:47
Page:  1 
Chances for new blood Started by: Salvatore_Licata on Mar 11, '08 15:14
A young, well-dressed man, wearing a hat and a cigarette in his mouth steps out a back alley onto the streets. Walks over to a little group of men playing some cards on the sidewalk, smoking fine cigars and talking about business. The young man takes a chair and sits down to the man

"Hey guys, how's business?"

After a little chit-chat the man has a serious look on his face as he begins to speak

"I have a question for you guys, a question the first Licata who came to these shores asked himself in his quick career."

"Let me tell you a bit about him. He came to these shores back from Sicily, he had no idea how things worked around our world. He dodged two bullets in a short time, he has been lucky. He then met a man who taught him how things work and the first Licata made a quick career and started as a business manager. His mentor then got shot and the only thing my ancestor knew to do is join another family so he flew over to LA and found a home with the great Meggio Mob. He also made his position within the family pretty fast, again as business manager and bar tender. He worked hard, he's been a fairly good speaker even his english wasn't the best at all and he ranked his way up and he earned his bones."

"So the question he asked himself was: How are the chances for a new blood to get a own family? Of course he didn't expected to get a own family but the question always came into his head, so I thought I'd ask you guys, what do you think?"
Report Post Tip
He shouldn't. Very simple. Running a family is not a jog in the park. It is the very top echelon of responsibility in the mafia, and should be treated as such. We have seen fucking disasters occur when families were handed to mafiosi who had not the experience or knowledge to take on that responsibility. You don't gain that knowledge shortly after jumping off the boat and working for a family. It takes several generations over a period of a year or more. Even a year of experience is probably not enough, but with the impatience and temperment shown these days, some leniency is being granted.

What kind of mark do you want to leave as a crewleader? Do you want to be forgotten in two weeks? Or even worse, do you want to be remembered as one of the greatest fuck-ups or clueless wonders? I find it amazing that some people are in such a hurry to take on responsibility that they are not ready for. They only damage their own reputation in the process. Do you want to be remembered as a loser or as a legend? The legends of our past ALL had a wealth of experience before taking on the bold suit. My own bloodline waited more than two years, and not because opportunities were not offered sooner. The position of CL should be held with more reverrence than it is currently. If it is something you want to do, you should wait until you are ready, and then do it right.

There is alot more to it than simply looking awesome in a bold suit. It is alot of work, stress, pressure, and can strain your personal relationships with people you are close to.
Report Post Tip
I think it depends on your definition of new blood.

If you mean fresh off the boat with no family history, then I would agree with everything FlyingPig said.

If your definition of new blood is someone who has never been a crew leader before then that would be down to the powers that be and what they are looking for and whether you are what they are looking for.
Report Post Tip
I will make this brief, mainly because I can sum it up in two short statement.

Proffers in the general direction of Los Angeles...

Take a look there, new blood.

If people prove themselves and work hard, they will be given their chance.

Tips his hat....
Report Post Tip
Looks at Cab_Tufting

Haven't seen your bloodline in bold as a legitimate leader too often either actually...

You see, one might appear new but competence completely overwhelms the perception of novelty. Be like Cab_Tufting, write that down.
Report Post Tip
Only way to go bold and keep it is to

A. Kiss the right asses.

B. Get a major kick of good luck.

Or the hardest one yet:

C. Fight your way threw all the other CL's.

I guess if your a quick learn and charismatic enough, you can pull it off. The Captain was the first of his line in a long while, but he had old family contacts from the old country.
Report Post Tip
New blood get chances the minute they walk onto these shores. The doors are held open for them and they are invited in.

Exactly what more do you want hand holding till the day they die?

They get as much chance as the rest who are here, the minute they enter the family there are told the rules and there are those there who can guide them into what our life is all about?

Why should they get more than what is offered to anyone else?
Report Post Tip
Not all people get the same chances. You may want to think that, but it simply is not true, you do need a crazy amount of luck in order to make it in to the land of the bold. That is why so little have actually gotten there. I don't really care for bold, however, makes me sad too see how many actually want it. I cry... like this :(.
Report Post Tip
All people do get the same chances, some just don't realise it when they get the chance what it means.

Bold is something my bloodline has been in once and that was for all of 2 minutes and for one reason only to die.

I don't understand why so many feel that the only way to get anywhere in our world is to go bold. Yes you get a new suit and hopefully you get some people who will call you boss but at the end of the day if power is all your after you might get it but you'll only hold onto it for so long. Plus when you do finally bite the bullet if you've only done it for the power you'll then end up trying to repeat what you've already done, locking yourself in a vicious cycle.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Chances for new blood
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL