Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 20:28:41
Page:  1 
Adebayor Becomes a Hardass Started by: Adebayor on Mar 11, '08 17:06
Well, well...it's time for the whining asshat to make his appearance. Today's discussion: How I no longer feel sorry for the lot of you. Shall we begin?

There was a day and time when my ancestors felt as though this world revolved in circles, circles which were "bad". Perhaps he was half right. This world does revolve in circles. Sure, we see familiar bloodlines leading time and time again. Sure, we see certain lineages favored over others. But, is it a bad thing? Anymore, I don't know.

You see, while my lineage championed on for the unknown, overlooked, and misunderstood mafioso in the yesteryear, it's become quite clear to me, today, that perhaps I was wrong. Perhaps there is a reason for the repetitive circles. Perhaps that reason is that there are just too many idiots running around in this world that should prevent these circles from being broken.

I've seen this firsthand within Limoncello's family. Now, most people know my close and personal relationship with my boss, and therefore many probably expected me to take any and every position I wanted within her crew. But alas, this wasn't true. I, being the idealistic descendant of my outspoken ancestors, believed that others should be given the opportunities. And how have others handled these opportunities???

Well, we've had one turn rogue, we've had one shoot at an under 48 hour gangster, we've had one throw a fit wanting to leave for another crew, we've had one break Omerta in public, another few quit outright, and so on...you get the idea.

And so, the fact of the matter has become clear to me. While I still believe in opportunities, most of you don't deserve them. My father's father was naive, because, the truth is, when given opportunities, most of you squander them. Most of you are too obsessed with the prestige that goes hand in hand with said opportunity, whilst forsaking the actual responsibility and selflessness that ties in with it.

Moaning about wanting a crew? Chances are you don't deserve it. Wanting to be Right Hand? If you're right for the job, I'm sure you'll be noticed. Complaining you can't be the Hitsquad leader? You probably can't run one. Asking constantly where your Made Man button is? If you're deemed trustworthy, have proved yourself to be a hard worker, and have done more for your family than yourself (which I doubt, these days), then don't worry...you'll be given it.

Enough with the "I want" mentality. Do something for your family. Prove yourself to be loyal. Don't be an idiot and "joke around" about your "underground crew". Show others they're wrong about you.

Can't do that? Then either quit or shut the hell up, because I don't feel any compassion for you any longer. It's you, and you alone, that is squandering your own opportunities.
Report Post Tip
Applauds...

That is some goddamn classy bitching my friend.

All the practice kind of paid off huh?

Winks.....
Report Post Tip
I guess what's becoming the standard norm is leaning on your bloodline when applying for a job when you haven't done anything to deserve it in the first place.
Report Post Tip
Actually,

In this case, the speaker, if he would have leaned on his bloodline, would have been shot at the door.

:D
Report Post Tip
Adebayor, your speech didn't have enough cursing. Other than that, absolutely perfect.

It is about time that people were told it like it is.

Umbra applauds
Report Post Tip
I wasn't referring to Adebayor directly, I was talking about the people who expect jobs to just be handed to them simply because they were the son of such and such, without doing anything to prove their worth in the present life.
Report Post Tip
Ahh but Rambo, things have changed, Adebayor and his boss who used to despise those in power and fight against them every chance they got have now switched to the opposite. Absolutely not making this statement as it being right or wrong, their political affiliations are their own choice.

I would add however to Adebayor that speaking for myself - I resent the statement of "most of you", you don't know most of us or what we do or don't do in our families.
Report Post Tip
NO! I am the true Asshat of the year. You just got lucky and had somebody hate you more than me. It will never happen again.
Report Post Tip
Also! I was one of the few who quit upright from your family. You people smell of old and rotten tomatoes. :/
Report Post Tip
Ahh but Rambo, things have changed, Adebayor and his boss who used to despise those in power and fight against them every chance they got have now switched to the opposite.

You make that sound like a bad thing...as if our only interest was fighting against the man or anyone that happened to be in power.

Of course that wasn't the case. We fought for our causes, which, as common sense would suggest, will and has changed over time. Neither Limoncello, nor myself have ever held grudges, and so, it's been quite easy to join the causes we believe in. It's never been about just anyone in a leadership role, and to think otherwise is beyond simple ignorance.

As for what you resent, I'm entitled to my thoughts and lately, I haven't had anything to prove me wrong regarding my current speech. What I have seen are whiners, selfishness, and a lack of effort. Think I'm wrong? Prove me wrong.
Report Post Tip
As I said, I was not saying it was right or wrong, all of us chsnge our politics depending on situation and other criteria. But I don't believe I have been whining or otherwise complaining etc. and you would not be aware of my work within my family which is why I resent a generalization being made - there are many of us out here just trying to do our best, which sometimes may include expressing an opinion that doesn't necessarily agree with all but I believe in my case anyway has been done respectfully.
Report Post Tip
As I said, I believe it is a majority. Had I said the entire world fit this mold, then I'd have said that.

Therefore, if you feel the need to feel resentful, I can only believe you either feel as though you fit in this majority or you are championing for their cause...the latter being a wasted effort. If you aren't in that majority, then what I said wasn't for you, and therefore, why feel resentful?

Need I clarify any other simply put points to anyone else? Have I hurt anyone else's feelings?

As FlyingPig has said time and time again...Welcome to the mafia, grow some balls. Want to be coddled and loved? Try flirting in the coffeeshops, as this life isn't for you.
Report Post Tip
Obviously, again, a street debate is going to turn into insults - I am neither Sir but I leave you to your ranting.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Adebayor Becomes a Hardass
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL