Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 09:26:04
Page:  1 
A New Look Started by: Geek on Nov 12, '20 14:39

For his whole life, Geek was the stereotypical Geek so to speak. He wore high pants, suspenders, glasses, and a nerdy looking hat. Throughout the beginning of life, he was finding it hard to get over. He wasn't receiving the same respect as his fathers and grandfathers once earned. Geek realized at that moment that respect is earned not given here in the mafia. Geek plotted on what he could do to change his image and be more of a respectable person.

He started with ditching the hat and changing the style of his glasses to a more professional looking glasses. He went to the closest clothing store and bought a whole new wardrobe. His new wardrobe consisted of suits and business casual wear. He picked up the smoking habit because in his mind it made him 'look cool.'

Once he changed his image, he now had to work on his personality. This is something that can't be bought at the store, instead you have to train yourself. He slowly started walking around with a stern demeanor and started to embody his new image.

The new persona was going well for him, he was learning quickly the ways of how his personality should be in the mafia. He watched others and how they interacted and was able to mimic it. There was a few glitches though, sometimes his geeky laugh would come out when he got really excited. Magnolia was witness of this first hand, after the laugh, she kind of gave Geek a look of confusion. Gunther was another but he was so strict he would often make fun of Geek.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Still kind of new to America, which in turn meant that she was still a bit new to New York and the ways of what they call the mafia. Nola tried to keep her head down as much as possible, it was kind of hard for her though. She tended to be one of those people that liked to get out there, liked to meet people and liked to just have fun. It usually wasn't that ideal for someone in the mafia to be so out in the open but she just couldn't help it. 

She enjoyed meeting people, she enjoyed getting to know who was around her. One of which happened to be this man they called Geek. She had first met him at the Study Lounge and no, not that study lounge. It's not what you are thinking, it was a bar that just so happened to look like a study lounge. It was exactly what it sounded like, except there was a bar and they served booze. It was rather perfect actually.

Anyways she had stumbled into his bar one afternoon, after a mishap at another bar. There was glass, there was blood... it was something she didn't prefer to talk about as it left her with a rather noticeable scar on the palm of her left hand. That night was a bit patchy but she remembered the study lounge and the doctor but that's another story... 

Back to Geek... which clearly was a nickname, what his real name was she had the slightest idea. He was the quintessential Geek, from head to toe which was obvious where he got that nickname from. It was his style and he rocked it, that was until he didn't... It was a slow gradual change, she noticed. First it was the hat, then the glasses... before she knew it he looked like a completely different guy but there was one thing he had a hard time changing. It was the laugh... there was something about it that screamed Geek. 

Every time she heard it, it made her chuckle to herself. She wasn't really sure why but it just always seemed to hit a funny bone of hers. Most recently she couldn't even remember what they were talking about when the laugh came out but his laugh made her laugh. After a brief chuckle, Nola caught her breath and gave him a look.

"Geek.... you look good but please... please never lose that laugh. It is priceless."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Gavin was typically a happy person, in an attempt to change his image in this world of ours, he fostered his real life name given to him by his parents, Gavin Squeo. Magnolia was a regular customer in the Study Lounge in New York, which was his place of business. He always had this great respect for this woman who cut her hand and had a doctor in his lounge fix her up with no pain medicine. That to him was a big deal because he would cry if he had to go through that kind of pain.

"Magnolia, honey. Please call me Gavin, that is my real name. I am smart, but I am trying to distance myself from my nickname to earn some clout around here. Who is going to take a guy by the name Geek, serious? No one. So please, call me Gavin."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A New Look
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL