Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 13:18:03
Page:  1 
The Detroit Lottery Association Started by: TaylorBrown on Nov 15, '20 22:30

Taylor had just gotten word that the flyers he had printed were done and ready to be passed out. He didn’t waste any time to take to the streets to publicly announce the project that he and his fellow consigliere, Eee , have been working tirelessly on.  Ethan had already taken the initiative to hire newsboys to pass out said flyers while Don Brown made the public announcement. 

“Ladies and gentlemen, if I may have a moment of your time!” Taylor began, “I am excited to announce the grand opening of the Detroit Lottery Association.  Starting the 00:00 on the 16th of November, we will be opening up ticket purchases with drawings being done every week thereafter.” 

Taylor cleared his throat and continued, “ Buying your tickets is easy enough, tickets are 100K each, that money is added to the total pot, and you just wire me the money with your choice of numbers between 1 and 200, max of 10 numbers/tickets per person. No need to be afraid that your number is already taken, multiple people may have the same number.   Don’t feel like choosing the number yourself? Well, we can do that for you and randomly pick a number outta a hat.  If the randomly selected number matches a taken number, that person wins the pot minus a small 10% fee we keep.  If there are multiple people with the same number, they split the pot.  If a number is drawn that happens to have not been taken, then the pot will just roll over to the next week and all numbers reset. We’ll be back here after each drawing to announce results.”

He couldn’t help but pause and smile as he watched the newsboys shoving the flyers into the chests and hands of anyone who even slowed down while passing by.  “Our first drawing will be on the 23rd, around 00:00.  We are excited to announce that we have a contract with Lounge radio and you can join us for live drawings by tuning into station #HotDice.  All the information I’ve said here today, can be found in the FLYERS that are being passed out now.   Good luck to those that decide to try their hand and I hope you all will tune in for the live drawings!” 

Sheet containing the rules..

Report Post Tips: 13 / Total: $260,000 Tip

Things had been ramping up already as mobsters rushed to get their numbers in. The lottery was already up to two million and growing. At this rate experts expect a seven figure pot easily. Operators tended the land lines accepting new bets as they came pouring in.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Zeb stops with his coffee and listens to the business pitch

Always refreshing to see new enterprises brought to our streets, Congratulations on your business

Zeb goes to buy a luck rabbits foot, or maybe steal one of MezzaninE's toenails instead.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Geek wasn't a huge gambler but when he saw something good, he always played.

"Hello TaylorBrown, how are you? I would love to enter this competition. How do I pick my numbers? Do I pick them here or do I pick them secretly and hand you an envelope?" 

Report Post Tip

Thank you ZebedeeMcZebFace for coming out and showing your support, I do suggest the rabbits foot over a toenail but to each their own. Also a pleasure to see you stop by Geek, I've been doing quite well since we last spoke. Just mail me an envelop with the cash and a note containing the numbers and we'll get them in for you. Pot's up to $5,400,000 and still growing, hope to see you all in the Christmas market and in the #HotDice coffee shop, cheers.

Avocato was too much of a gambling ..cat to pass up an opportunity like this. If he bought ten tickets out of a possible 200, he had a nice 5% chance to win, which was far more than the 0% if he didn't invest his money into this venture. He quietly pawed out a million in cash, dropped it into an ugly bag that Kaya had left around the headquarters once and dropped it in front of Taylor Brown's headquarters with the note.

"Any numbers are fine. The money is fully counted and in the bag. Please have your accountant verify and send a telegram to Avocato"

As he left the bag and the note on the steps of the headquarters he began to meow at the door to hopefully get someone's attention. After all, what kind of an idiot would leave so much money out in the open? Well, certainly not Avocato a second time. He heard some rustling near the door and trotted off. After all, who would believe a strange cat would have a million dollars? Perhaps Avocato's fellow feline friends hosico and nala were interested in gambling too. 

Max smiles as she burrows further into her coat, there was a chill in the air that wasn't treating her skin too kindly. She tilts her head back as TaylorBrown finishes telling the streets about the new lottery, smirking she says, "I would like to join the next round pleaae, it seems that I'm feeling like a million bucks, I might as well win a few too." 

Report Post Tip

The Crowd waited patiently as two hundred numbered balls rolled around bouncing off one another. The young woman kept spinning the cage for a good couple minutes as a ball tried to escape out the side hole. As one rolled out victorious she grabbed it ever so gently with her right hand which was in a white glove. Turning it over to read the number she announced.. "199 is the winning number"

Those in the crowd began checking their tickets to see if any had won but the silence in the room was a tell tale sign no one had. The pot would be rolled over into the next week, and starting at $10,300,000. The newspaper boys ran out the building to spread the news.

Report Post Tip

Walking down the street Giyu notices a crowd all gathering around a poster. Making his way to the front of the crowd Giyu sees the words "lottery" and "10.3mil". Being a gambling man Giyu quickly contacts TaylorBrown.

"Taylor I will be wiring my money to you very soon so people keep an eye out!"

" Just be aware than my gambling luck is very very special... I swear im not committing fraud!"

Giyu runs back to the HQ to try and convince JenBarber to let him access the crew vault. He already knew she was not gonna be happy. But 10mil is 10mil. She would understand right?

Despite being down with a bad cold, Don Brown still insisted that Ethan had a face fit for radio and the Don would handle things. It took Ethan a good deal of time to convince TaylorBrown to let him go to the streets and handle the Lotto this week himself. Once he had his boss's blessing, Ethan headed to the printers to have some flyers made. 

Detroit Lottery Association  

Next Drawing Dec. 7th, 00:00 GT

Current Pot: $15,700,000

Come try your luck for only 100K a ticket!  Also,  join us live for the drawing on Lounge Radio, station #HotDice.

As Ethan, and the few newsboys he got to help him, passed out flyers he spoke to the people around him.  "Please send your bets to me this week!  Things should be back to normal next week, with Don Brown retaking the reigns, should we be able to convince him to stay in bed and drink his orange juice." Ethan gave a playfully thoughtful expression, "Without vodka preferably, but if he gets to feeling better, then that's all that matters.  I hope to see many of you taking your chances with the lottery, after all the more money the more exciting the drawing!" 

Report Post Tip

Tommy was walking down the street when a flyer catches his attention. The lottery the only way to win a lottery is to not play Tommy's deadbeat alcoholic father played the lottery everyday and lost, his grandfather his father's father also played the lottery and lost. But there was something about playing some numbers that made it exciting which is why Tommy followed in their footsteps wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars playing the lottery at every corner store he ended up.

"I'm feelin lucky today!"

Tommy immediately purchases a ticket.

Report Post Tip

With the pot up to a nice $19,000,000, a hush fell over the crowd as it came time for the drawing to take place.  The two hundred numbers rolled around in the cage, and Ethan couldn't help but smile as his foxy friend Merah stared at the tumbling numbers.   With a sudden rattle, the cage stopped, and Ethan opened the door.  He reached his hand in, then turned his head and closed his eyes, his fingers gripped around the first ball they came to.  He opened his eyes, as he pulled the ball out. 

With a quick glance at the number written no the ball he announced, "The winning number is 199!"

He took another quick moment to glance at the sheet of claimed lottery numbers, "WE HAVE A WINNER!"  Ethan proclaimed.  "Congratulations the lovely Godmother of Las Vegas, Miss PoisonIvy !"

It took only a few moments for his banker to come back to him with a little slip of paper that read: 

Dec 07, 00:45:22 Your accountant has made payment of $17,100,000 to PoisonIvy. The note "19 Million lotto - the 10%" was included.

Ethan thanked the man, then turned back to the crowd.  "I want to thank everyone who participated this week!  I hope to see you all again next week when we start building that pot all over again.  Thank you and good night!" 

Report Post Tip

Ivy was in shock as the drawing took place. “Was that my name? Wait? What? Really? Omg I never win anything!” Ivy stood there for a moment in shock as the banker gave her the winnings. 

Thank you Detroit for putting on this lottery. It’s been loads of fun! I really appreciate it!”  Ivy walked around speaking to those in charge as well as the crowd that had gathered. 

Report Post Tip

SilverKnight congratulated the lucky winner Ivy, who was quite in shock but ecstatic. SilverKnight stood around to see if there would be an announcement for another lotto by the Detroit Lottery Association.

Report Post Tip

Gavin heard that the number rolled was "199." This caught his ears as he overheard someone in the alleyway talking about it and how PoisonIvy won the full pot. Knowing he had previously picked this number but wasn't sure if it matched up to the right drawing, he notified EEE, who had been temporarily helping TaylorBrown. Upon this new information, EEE was able to contact Taylor and when Taylor got word, he immediately reached out to Gavin to come to a resolution.

"Congratulations PoisonIvy. Great minds think alike with that 199 pick! And thank you TaylorBrown. Very honorable and noble act, by coming to an agreed upon resolution!" 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Detroit Lottery Association
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL