Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 01:38:36
Page:  1 
Dinner party Started by: Hector_Jimenez on Nov 20, '20 20:46

Friday 

Friday, 20 November 19XX 

Somewhere in Philadelphia.  

A distance thought in most the population over America... So it had seemed if it was like only yesterday, different criminal organizations from all over the country waged a violent and bloody war all over the country as mobsters were being shot down like dogs in the streets. Finally peace had arrived and with the thanks giving and christmas holidays fast approaching, Hector was feeling the holiday spirit early! At last a brilliant idea sprung to mind, a dinner party and gathering of the family's here in Philadelphia.

The criminals of  Philadelphias underworld gather at Eazy's HQ, Don Eazy called the family's together for a day of celebration. They weren't celebrating anything in particular other then being alive in this day and age. Laughter and happiness filled the air around everyone. Theirs a time to be serious and a time to joke, this was one of those times... Hector arrived at the HQ just a little after noon that day, he brought along with him two crates filled with some of the most expensive wine from around the world and also some Venison from which he had acquired on one of his trips to New York. Tables of fine food an array of different alcohol beverages and drinks to choose from and women dancing everywhere as music played through out the headquarters. Don @Eazy, @Borat and a few of the guys sat up stairs discussing business ideas and other important things... Invitations were sent out to  @Kaya and her family, @Asher and his family and also @JackMezzo and Race street.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Gunther was walking along the streets, his mind seemed to be all over the place. He had spent one hell of a weekend partying with friends and strangers alike. The cool winter air had a way of waking him up in the morning. Being that it was Sunday, he knew he needed to be sharp soon. It was time to shake off the celebration, and get back to work. As he continued his trudge in the cool air, he stubbed his toe against a light pole. 

"Fuck!"

He yelled out, he quickly looked around, thankfully know one was around this early. No one saw him, or heard him. He grinned to himself and shook his foot. As he looked at the light pole, considering chopping it down, he noticed a flier announcing a party in Philadelphia. It sounded like a blast, and he didn't really know many people from the city of brotherly love, so he thought this would be an excellent way to get to know some new friends. As he checked the date he yelled out once more.

"Fuuuck!"

The party was 2 nights ago, he was a day late and a dollar short. Now the urge to chop the light pole down began to grown wildly. He stood there fists clenched. He took a deep breath, let out a sigh, and continued walking along his way. He had no time for distractions today, as satisfying as it would have been.

Report Post Tip

Giyu had received word from various Philadelphia residents about a man from his organization yelling obscenities in the middle of the streets. Also something about chopping light poles all around the city?

"Oh Shit, Gunther hasnt been around the HQ for a few days" Giyu thought to himself.

He calls Steve over.

"Hey Steve, book us a flight to Philly, Gunther is on a binge again."

Giyu ponders for a secound

"Pack some elephant tranquilizer also.... Yeah that should do the trick"

Steve looked uncertain...

Report Post Tip

Hector seen the drunk man prowling the streets and thought it was funny!

"Now that man knows how to conduct himself" Hector chuckled, as he took another swig from his drink proceeding to light a cigarette afterwards.

Partygoers from all over attended. 

Report Post Tip

Johnny rushed Barbara out of the vehicle as he dug the invitations out of his pocket. "C'mon, c'mon! We're late! I bet Kaya is already there and waiting!"

Tugging the mail from his pocket, he looked at the nameplates.

Barbara_Braganza
You are hereby cordially
invited to attend the
Jimenez Foundation
Thanksgiving Dinner

Sliding Barbara's invite over to her as they approached the door, he fished his own out of his pocket. Flashing them at the guard, the man stepped aside and waved them in. "Oh man, Mr. Jimenez really went all out for this one, huh?" He chuckled and twirled around to take a look at the festive decorations and inviting, warm ambiance that was being portrayed. They could both hear the sounds of festivities coming from the main room and Johnny quickly led Barbara in, only pausing to frown for a moment once noticing Kaya 's glaring absence.

Shaking the initial disappointment off, he guided Barb to a table and took a seat. Noticing the Sicario Hector, he nodded his head and offered a polite wave before taking his seat. Looking around, he noticed a LOT of South Philly, and more particularly Don Eazy , and chuckled. We're he and Barbara the only others to actually visit? Surely Takkar , Avocato , Rosemary_Underwood , and the others had to be around somewhere...

Regardless, he returned his attention to Barb and smiled. "I guess it's just you and me for now, doll. What can I get ya from tha wet bar?"

Report Post Tip

Eazy had been out of town for some time now seeing to business on the West Coast, he knew that once his work there was done he could get back to see what Hector_Jimenez had arranged.

As Eazy returned to Philly he could tell immediately that Hector had really put in some work for this evening and promptly changed suits after a long day's travel and joined the party.

"wine you say Hector?" As Eazy helps himself to a Bordeaux and pours a large glass. 

Report Post Tip

Barb giggled, as she straightened her dress and smoothed her curls from John’s frantic rushing. She was surprisingly primped and polished, and honestly looking entirely out of her element as she gawked around at the lavish display. She was still getting used to this whole ‘mobster with money’ idea, and in moments like this IT SHOWED. 

“Finds me a fine little latino probie ta help me ‘relax’,” she joked, ignoring the obvious racism of her attempted humor, “That or a good tequila.”

Johnny, either oblivious or purposely goading her, turned without acknowledging the jest; heading toward the bar with distinct determination. Barb, reaching frantically for his hand (and missing) called loudly behind him, “Port! Port’d be great... or at least a nice wine?!” 

Left alone to her own devices, Barb glance awkwardly around the room, smiling shyly at Hector before fishing a tarnished and worn cigarette case from her small clutch purse. At the very least, at least a good smoke would give her something to do with her hands, which - ominously idle - seemd, at least for the moment like they had a mind of their own. And, even after occupying her right hand with a tightly rolled spliff that smelled of fine tobacco and a fruit-like bud, her left hand tapped and drummed and danced anxiously across the fine table cloth as she tried unsuccessfully to at least APPEAR like she belonged. 

... she definitely did not belong. And if anyone had any compassion for the kind of neurotic anxiety and hyper-vigilance that this lifestyle often cultivated, they would come occupy her mind with conversation about anything OTHER than all the ways this gathering could go horribly wrong.  

Report Post Tip

Hector smiled as the folk begun to gather.

Hector saluted Don Eazy as he passed him a red 1930's Chateaux Grand Barrail Lamarzelle wine.

"Take this home for you to enjoy in your spare time boss." Hector then turned to greet the crowd.

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen for coming, plese enjoy yourselves!"

Before anyone was permitted to enter the establishment, firearms would be removed by masked gentleman as a safety precaution anyone he does not abide would be asked to leave.

Hector carried on to take a seat at one of the tables by himself as he crossed his legs over sipping from his class.

Report Post Tip

Hector chuckled as he could hear Barbara and Johnny joking in the background. Notcing Barbara felt out of Place Hector got up to approach Barbara_Braganza as he got closer Hector smiled with a cheesy grin.

Excuse me señorita, may i know your name? How's your evening going? Hector's voice would  sound like your average Latinos voice, just a tad softer. He spoke with confidence and he was normally a confident man.

Report Post Tip

Velvet was restocking shelves in one of Asher's outlets mumbling under her breath "Tell you what these people of Philly have mighty fine taste in clothes...", Turning a tag over she starts choking on air "200k for this dress? Christ all mighty! that's the 3rd one we sold in the last 24hrs.. bet the boss is loving the extra change...".

Busily she loads some lux items on the shelves, shoes, dresses, suits... the sun starts to set, she sweeps the floor and stumbles on an invite reading

Don Asher,

You and your family have been formally invited to a Dinner Party at My HQ.

Hope to see you all there.

Eazy

Narrowing her eyebrows, she huffs.

Yep, that's it. I'm closing up. I deserve a night out.. Don's been working me to the Bone in this store.

Sweeping up the shop in record time, she flips the "Closed" sign over and deadbolts the doors, walking over to the glamourous selection of clothes tracing her finger over a beautiful silk black dress with stunning lace embellishments, taking it off the rack, she eyes off some stunning red high heels, and a red belt.

Swiftly getting herself ready for a much needed night off she sets the alarm of the store, padlocks the doors and gates she makes her way downtown to Eazy's HQ. 

Walking into the HQ she was met by Hector, giving him a smile & nod she takes in all her surroundings, music thumping, laughter contagious she takes a seat on the over sized lounge with a whiskey in hand in utter awe.

Report Post Tip

In her usual Kaya fashion, she arrived fashionably late with an apologetic smile on her lips. She met JohnnyChrist's narrowed eyes and mouthed sorry while shrugging, not even bothering to make up an excuse for her tardiness. There was no use anyway -- everyone here probably already knew it was because she had a little too much to drink earlier in the day and had to take a nap afterward... however, despite her early-onset alcoholism, she still cleaned up quite well as she donned her newest designer dress and her trusty pair of high heels. Sure, in a few hours she was about to be completely wasted and probably losing one shoe, but it's the entrance that mattered, right?

As soon as she stepped inside the grand venue, she immediately poured herself a glass of wine before politely saying her hellos to the other dons. She figured she should get all the niceties out of the way before she turned into an incoherent drunken mess. Of course, she also said hello to Hector_Jimenez, the brains behind this gathering. She had worked with the man a few times before and was glad he was making an effort to bring Philly all together. "Hector, great party. Sorry I was late... but honestly, if I had come any sooner, you might have already run out of wine... so it might be better this way!" She raised a glass towards him and said cheers to an exciting night ahead.

As soon as she's done that, she walked on over to Barbara_Braganza whose eyes were wide and wary. "You okay there, Barb?" She asked curiously, jokingly passing a hand over her face to bring her out of her daze. She wondered what had Barb so spooked... but then again, this was a party filled with some of the craziest people she knew, so maybe it wasn't wrong to bet that there was going to be trouble brewing, but only the fun kind of course.

Report Post Tip

The smooth Latin caramel of Hector’s voice had obviously melted Barbara’s brain. Her flippant joke suddenly all too serious. Blushing slightly, she giggled like an embarrassed school girl as Kaya snapped her out of her doe-eyed daze. “Uh... yeah, boss. Just fine. Thanks,” she mumbled as she shook herself loose from the momentary befuddlement. Fighting through the overwhelming social anxiety, she offered Hector her hand. “Barbara. Barbara Braganza. Encantada,” She smiled, the lilt of her translation of ‘charmed’ seeming not entirely Spanish in a distinctly non-English way. A cross-cultural complication that she hoped no one would notice. “You must be Mr. Jimenez. I’ve heard wonderful things about your organization. Perhaps we could chat sometime? I’m in the process of creating my own ‘charitable organization’ in the Market District downtown. I would deeply appreciate the opportunity to pick the brain of someone already so wildly successful in the field.” 

As JohnnyChrist slinked back with their drinks, his perked brow alerted her to an obvious slip; her normal street-rat accent falling away under the pressure of ‘ALL THIS’. Fuck. OH well. She didn’t see any of these people on a normal basis anyway. Maybe no one would notice. Or if they did, maybe she could pass it off as a nervous habit or an attempt to impress. Either way, it was too late now. In for a penny, in for a pound. 

Report Post Tip

Johnny sat his and Barbara's drinks down on the table and nodded to Kaya with a smirk. "And here I thought -WE- were the one's running late. Glad to know punctuality is not stressed with you, boss." He chuckled and winked before turning and offering his hand to Hector_Jimenez with a smile. "I've heard many great things, Mister Jimenez. It's a pleasure and an honor to finally meet you in person. Johnny. Johnny Christ."

After the greeting, Johnny's hand returned to his glass and lifted it up.

"A toast, perhaps, to our host?" He looked between the others gathered near them, then nodded.

"To Hector, for always looking out for this city, little guys included. And for throwing one -hell- of a party! May you have luck in business and pleasure for all of eternity, my friend. Onè! Respè! Sante!" With the last word, he tossed his drink back, downing the liquid in one swift motion and slamming the glass upsidedown on the table with a loud *THUD* accidentally causing Barb to jump. "Sorry, ma chérie," he placed a soft hand on her shoulder and squeezed lightly before looking back up to Hector and Kaya with a smile.

"So, are we gonna get fucked up, or not, Boss?" He grinned. "Should I go ahead and reserve you a cab? Or call one'a our friends and have'em waitin'?"

Report Post Tip

Hector kept himself composed as much as he could...  But Barbara was a beautiful woman who caught the poor latino mans eye as he noticed her giggle and get a little embarrassed. The minute she extended her hand out to greet Hector, he gracefully reached for hand as he lent in to kiss the right side of her hand, pulling away and meeting her gaze with his eyes. Please, enjoy yourself! You have nothing to worry about here. Hector then smiled releasing her hand softly, proceeding to turn and dash off towards the toilets as he urgently needed to pee! After he finished his busy and washing his hands etc... He entered the area quietly sitting down. Hector laughed away in the corner, slapping his knee as he thought to himself "They sure know how to make an entrance." Once again Hector stood up to greet Don Kaya and her family in the most respectful mannor. This time with a glass of whiskey and feeling a little hotter then usual. Welcome Ms. Kaya! Please enjoy yourself. Hector whistled out to one of his bodyguards after he had finished speaking with the Don. Junior! Te necesito sirviendo bebidas esta noche. To the common folk Hector appeared to be rambling away in his native tounge, afterwards looking back and addressing everyone. This is Junior, he will be serving drinks for all of yous! Junior served drinks out all night long, eventually Johnny proposed a toast towards the host. Johnny gave a marvelous speech, for a marvelous occasion! The group gathered at the time cheered as Hector came behind Johhny patting him on the back. Thank you Johnny, i appreciate you guy's for turning up... Your words were to kind my friend. And also to Don Eazy and my family!

"Long live Philadelphia" and random cuss words could be heard coming from Hector through out the night...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Dinner party
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL