Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 11:31:57
Page:  1 
Back To Basics Started by: Geek on Nov 21, '20 01:31

Gavin sighed to himself, looking at himself in the mirror as the tailor continued to work him over, trying their hardest to find the look that best suited him, this was going to be something entirely new. It was a look that changed over time, sometimes he wondered if he was heading in the right direction with it but he made enough money via his business in the Study Lounge and with the recent attendance of people like Desperado and Magnolia, he knew it was going to make a killing. 

His business had picked up with the likes of Detroit's finest, Hanabi coming in at the time, he had spoken with the woman, she sure was something else. Being known as a Geek instead of his prowess in the business world did irk him, only he chalked it up to old habits dying harder than ever. So he would take it, for now, people understood him now, with his newest looks getting attention and with his act getting cleaned up, he knew that he would slowly begin to work on overtime. 

"Sir, which jacket would you prefer, brown or black? I'd say with the look you are trying to adopt, the brown would suit you better. It would possibly make others undermine you, trying to play you in a way so to speak, only for you to show them that you are no small peon, trust me, it works wonders. Looks often deceive and people base it on the first time they see you, this would give you the edge, a razor's one in fact."

Chuckling, Gavin had already been on the end of that, with the recent dying of his hair and the fact that his glasses had somehow gained the attention of a man from Las Vegas, _Issei_ was his name, the man had approached him in the Study Lounge, it was odd to know that his looks were starting to get him what he wanted, business and money. 

"The brown will do then, thank you, Tabitha. I'll be sure to let people know of your skills in recent times, you earned it."

His voice was soft but authoritative, Gavin knew he had changed when he commanded the room with effective ease, it was not something he had with his first look. In fact, he was sure that this new look made him adapt back to his former first look but with a dash of style that drew upon his other look. 

It was a nice blend, one that he would not be forgetting, turning around, putting on the jacket he noticed the awed stares that he got from his men, they all shrugged. Their boss knew how to adapt with the times, at the very least, he continued to pay them and that's what mattered to them. 

"Tony, do not forget that we have a meeting soon enough, run the numbers back to Lilith, I would make sure that deliver our take on time as per usual. No delays..."

Tony nodded, heading off as Gavin walked out, leaving behind the tailor as he left the shop with his men, entering his car soon after. 

"Where to next, Gavin?"

Looking up from his paperwork, Gavin rested his pen down on his thigh as he drummed his left finger on the seat for a moment as he raised a brow in thought.

"The Study Lounge, make it quick."

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

"We're here, boss, you want me to get you a hotdog or something?"

Giving his driver a small look of 'what the heck?' He shook his head, Gavin stepped out of the car being greeted by numerous people hanging around the lounge, they acted like it was a social club and he wasn't going to complain. Gavin was happy for the business, recently it had always been a boon for him when one of the people who had a presence about them, whenever they made appearances, the world paid attention and it was something Gavin noticed. 

Recently it was one of new york's own, Desperado had been one of those people, it was something he noticed and decided to take advantage of. Desperado had been one of the key people he had made sure gained some attention, here and there, he arranged some things, making sure that the business was in tip-top shape. 

"We have some people waiting in the back, they're here to discuss the numbers, apparently they're here on behalf of a friend of ours from out of the city, want me to handle 'im?"

Gavin gave the guy a curt nod, it would be his time to handle it and it certainly would not hinder what he had in mind for this right now. Greeting a few more people, the young accountant wiped his forward as he finally stepped into his place of business. The scent of smoke hit him, he inhaled, all too used to it as he leaned over the counter looking at the bartender. 

"How's this week been Laz?"

The bartender grunted, sliding over a yellow note as well as a thick white envelope. If one chanced a glance at it, they would have noticed that it was overflowing with money that it would look like that it was going to burst from all that it was holding. Giving the man a small nod, he understood him. 

Like him, on rare occasions, Laz was a man of not so many words, allowing his actions like many rarely did to explain himself. Gavin found himself a trustworthy person to manage over the bar, it was a shame that he was half-Irish on his mother's side but yet the world of the mob was changing. Especially considering whom they were opening the books to in some cases.

"Boss, they're in the booths, waiting, don't worry, they have a few drinks though and we left them some company."

Smiling, Gavin walked over to the scene of two well-dressed men being entertained by some women. He cleared his throat and the women smiled politely at him before moving on their way, they had done their work. 

"Gentlemen, I hear that we have some business to discuss the recent acquisitions of the numbers game throughout New York? Please, let us discuss, though the business of a family outside the influence of the six cities surely brings a reasonable amount of doubt, you know?"

Gavin already made it clear, he wasn't going to be giving up a piece of the pie, even a tiny crumb. This was for his people in New York, they had earned this and he had worked his way through the rackets...this was not getting out of his hands, not in the slightest. 

"Gentlemen, I'm telling you now, this is not going to be a simple transaction, not that one would ever occur. Tell your bosses, the answer is no. You're not muscling in on my business, if you do, you will answer for your actions. Please, enjoy the booze and then leave."

Without another word, Gavin didn't even give them a chance, instead, he made way to his office. He had much more important business than the petty dealings of an up-jumped outside of the six cities influence...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Back To Basics
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL