Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 02:33:31
Page:  1 
Dawn of the Dawnfather Chairman Started by: NathanExplosion on Nov 23, '20 22:10

Today was the day, tonight was the night. After countless long days and sleepless nights spent rebuilding Chicago, the time had finally come for Dawn to assume the role of Godfather Chairman of the windy city. 

NathanExplosion was usually right alongside her for these type of hits, but tonight Dawn had to do this herself. The removal of the presiding godfather and assumption of his mantle was a ritual that could only be completed by the one who would take over. It was tradition and honor to face him or her man to man or...er...woman. Nathan waited in his office at Dethklok headquarters, next to the phone. Dawn had left to handle her business a few hours ago, and Nathan was getting impatient.

He reflected on his youth in the city under Logen, learning the ropes and meeting Dawn for the first time. At first they were nothing more than cordial, but as time passed and they worked together, they grew close. After the Rebellion, Dawn was given control of the city, and requested Nathan come with her to head South Side, while Salvatore took North. Nathan was surprised, but very grateful of her gift. Over the next few weeks they grew closer and closer, until he became her closest confidant and advisor. And now here she was, about to be anointed godmother of Chicago. He was so proud.

For a while he sat waiting, smoking through his cigarettes like a kid with candy, tapping his foot agitatedly. He kept going over the plans for the party afterward in his mind, trying to make sure he got everything right. He had rented the biggest banquet hall in the city and shipped in shitloads of alcohol and fine cuisine. He had extended an open invitation to all members of the criminal underworld to come and pay their respects and congratulations to Dawn. There was to be live entertainment from his band, Dethklok themselves. It was all set to be a glorious party.

At last, the phone rang, startling him out of his thoughts. He picked up the receiver. He knew it would be Dawn, only she had this number.

"So, is it done?"

He asked .

"Yes." 

Was all she said. She sounded confident and assured. He smiled to himself.

"I will pick you up at 7pm."

Still unable to stop grinning, he made his way out to the limousine and notified his driver that it was time to go.

Report Post Tips: 12 / Total: $240,000 Tip

Now that the job was done handling the NPC Godfather , Dawn's anxiety had eased as she dressed for the party @NathanExploxion was throwing for her.  She asked him not to go all out but knowing him she knew that wasn't going too happened.  She had become rather close to him, she appreciated his knowledge and his ability to let her do her.

Dawn took one last look in the mirror and was satisfied with the way she looked.  The doorman paged her on the intercom and told said her ride was waiting.

When she walked out of the lobby she saw Nathan looking as handsome as ever leaning on the side of the limo smoking a cigarette with the driver.  As she approaches the limo the driver opens the door she got in and Nathan got in behind her.

Nathan and Dawn talked about her journey as they drove to the party.

It had been a long road for me but so happy this day has come.  So many different and what I considered unprecedented happened during my journey. At times you just had to abide by the decisions made by the Boss.  Sometimes it was very challenging for I lost some close friends who I felt were loyal.   They tried to convince me this was the way of life in this thing of ours but I continued to hope that wasn't the way.    Eventually others saw the light and stepped up to change thing. I am so grateful to be where I am today and hopefully I can make a difference.

Everything happens for a reason, I am proud of what I have accomplished and ready to party.

The limo stopped at this grand place and right away she knew Nathan had gone all out.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

NathanExplosion exited the limousine first and held the door for Dawn as she climbed out behind him. He held out his arm for her and guided her up the steps to the banquet hall where the guests were already waiting. With flourish he threw open the double doors to reveal the huge ballroom and led Dawn inside, where the crowd had hushed momentarily.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the six cities, may I present to you for the first time: Dawn, Godfather Chairman of Chicago!"

There was a roar of approval from the guests, and Nathan led her into the room to begin the party in earnest.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Approaching the newest Godfather Chairman of Chicago, adorned in a charcoal coloured fitted suit and a vibrant blue tie, with two champagne flutes in hand, Cinnamon removes his fedora and bows his head slightly, as a mark of respect

@Dawn_ it's been a long time coming. The journals of my forefathers spoke of this day for many years, and I'm so glad to be among the first to be able to congratulate you. It's an pleasure to be working with your family line once again, and an honour to do it for an occasion as monumental occasion.

Handing a flute of champagne to Dawn_, Cinnamon continues, holding his own glass in the air

Congratulations, Dawnfather. Salute!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Congrats Dawn_

It has been one crazy road to get here but you did it! Well done & Well deserved!

Esther pulls her Vicky up to be parked by the valet. She quickly heads into the venue, searching the faces for her sister. 

Ah, there she was, as lovely and glamorous as ever, accompanied by Nathan. She makes her way over to the two of them and pulls Dawn_ in for long hug. Holding her at arm's length, she hands her a box of jewelry.

"Something to mark the occasion sis. I couldn't be more proud of you! Let's get our party on!"

The three of them proceed to make merry and greet the incoming guests. It was sure to be a night to remember in the Windy City.

Filled with joy Wolfie enters his lovely GF office to give her his best wishes and also a small gift he bought during his walk to the well-controlled office.

"Hey, it's so great to see this coming my dear, all my best wishes to your journey as our loved GodFather here in Chicago"

Dawn laughed when she so what he had bought her, what it was were our small secret that we hold to our self :p

Frank smiled as he walked up to his Godfather Dawn_ and kissed her ring.  

It's been a long climb for your family I know your uncle Benson is proud of you.  Just as I am proud of you.  I know you will Guide Chicago to a peaceful and bright future.  I hope to sever you well and I wish you all the best GodFather.  

Frank reached for a drink as a waitress walked by. 

Report Post Tip

Although Hector was not from Chicago he stopped in to pay his respects to the new Godfather as this was the ultimate goal for most aspiring mobsters!

"Congratulations Godfather @Dawn!"

Nicky tries making his way to Dawn_ to give her the congratulations she deserves. However, she is surrounded by a small crowd now. He steps side to side unable to get his hulking shoulders past he other patrons. Then, Nicky catches Dawn's glaze. He gives a quick nod and tip of his hat. He starts to back away knowing there will be plenty of time to celebrate. 

As he makes his way out the door he grins and whispers to himself " Well done boss"

Sal was in his headquarter, smoking his favourite cigar and having a glass of whiskey, when a phone call interrupted his silence. He put down the glass and picked up the phone.

"It's done." That was all that said the other voice on the other end.

Sal quickly finished his drink, shouted to his bodyguard and told him to get the car ready. He went downstairs and quickly sat in the car. 
They arrived to the location that was given to him from Nathan and Sal got out from the car. Oh boy it was crowdy as he approached the main entrance. He told his name to the security guy on the entrance, they looked the lost and nodded. It was a sign to continue. 
Sal walked in and saw a lot of familiar faces. He greeted all of them, until he saw @
Dawn. She was damn beautiful today, Sal cleared his throat and walked over. She excused herself as she saw Sal was coming and made a big smile on her face. They hugged.

"My dear Dawn, I'm so glad and proud about you. You finally did it, its amazing. We have come a loong way to this day, but its all worth it. It's an honour and pleasure to be here today. It warms my heart. Congratulation's Dawnfather of Chicago."

Sal quickly nodded to his bodyguard who came with a bag and gave it to Sal.

"Here's a little gift from me, a golden box with your initials, handmade jewellery, especially for you."

Sal gave it to her and hugged. Then he excused himself and saw Nathan having a drink with someone. 

Kaya smiled as she got out of her car and saw so many people celebrating her dear friend Dawn_. For a moment, she stood there watching as so many people congratulated and fawned over the new godmother, feeling a surge of happiness course through her. She had never doubted Dawn for a minute and chuckled as she remembered their humble beginnings in South Side when they were both just starting to establish their names in this world. Kaya watched Dawn rise above everything and build herself a strong family and eventually, an even stronger city. She couldn't be more proud -- she was so grateful to witness Dawn's journey and even be a part of it at some point.

She wiped away the tears of happiness welling in her eyes and waited for the crowd of her adoring fans to thin out before approaching Godmother Dawn. Wordlessly, she pulled her friend into a tight hug with the biggest smile on her face. When she finally let Dawn go, Kaya looked at her excitedly. "I had no doubts you'd get this far, my love. I'll always be grateful for my time in the mansion and honored to call myself your friend. I'm sure Chicago will flourish even more under this new era and I can't wait to see your grand plans, Miss Godmother." Kaya said in a teasing tone. She plucked two flutes of champagne off a waiter's tray and handed Dawn one.

"Cheers to you, Godmother Dawn! And cheers to a prosperous future for the Mansion and Chicago!"

Report Post Tip

After listening to others speak, Gianna took her chance to step forward and clear her throat a bit before speaking as loud as she could so the crowd and the Godmother could hear her..

"Congratulations Dawn on this glorious achievement and may Chicago continue to prosper under your rule. I am happy to serve under you and Salvatore and look forward to the future here in the Windy City.."

She smiled and took a short bow before stepping back and allowing someone else to step forward and lay their respects if they wished.

The party was in full swing when Takkar entered the large ballroom. He had no trouble finding Dawn amongst all her well wishers. She was at the center of the ballroom looking beautiful as ever. Takkar made his way towards her, pushing past a large group of people. 

"Congratulations Godmother Dawn_ ," he smiled at her. "Or should I say Dawnfather, a well deserved title. You have made Chicago thrive under your leadership. May you take it to even greater heights." Before leaving her he added, "I have brought a little gift for you. Its a rare red canary from Africa, a good companion for your yellow songbird. I've left it with the valet," he gestured towards the front door.

After wishing her success, Takk stepped back and began to wander around the ballroom looking for a bite to eat. Near the large table he found Kaya enjoying fresh salmon and poached eggs. He nodded at her and turned to the table to look for something tastier, like chicken. 

Indifference knew that this was a big day in the city of Chicago.  The city, and world as a whole was transforming into a place that people seemed to enjoy coming to.  The coffee rooms were alive and vibrant, the businesses were active and all mobsters seemed to be presenting the best version of themselves.

He was well aware of the tribulations that people went through to get to this point.  A celebration and a new Godfather/Godmother Dawnmother was exactly what was needed.  

"Dawn_, I know how hard you've worked to achieve this status.  The thing that I truly appreciate is the fact that you understand that your city's inhabitants are the most important part of the equation.  Whether it's a quick, kind word or help with problems we are having - I know you to be a caring and resposive individual.  Chicago is a better place today.  Cheers!!"

Indifference takes a sip of his beer and winks over at NathanExplosion.  He loved it when he acted cute.

Zeb approaches dawn and kneels, taking her hand and gently kissing it.

Madrina, I give you my BOING! to do with as you wish

Many congratulations

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Dawn of the Dawnfather Chairman
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL