Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 14:16:32
Page:  1 
I See Fire: The Smokehouse Sets Up Started by: Hamish on Nov 23, '20 21:56

Hamish packed the last few boxes in silence, then looked around his former office.  In the years since he'd come to American he could have hardly imagined the path his life had taken.  He had lived in several major cities, he'd been stabbed and left for dead in a river, he'd recovered and worked for his brother and now, here he was on the cusp of a totally different life.  His boss TaylorBrown had asked him to move to Bricktown to start an all new venture in the bustling business district.  He was excited. 

------------------

It had been a few days since the last box had been packed, and now with a sigh of relief, it was unpacked in the new office.  Always a cautions man Hamish allowed himself a smile.  He had a feeling things were going to go really well.  His brother was by his side, He has the support of his boss and now, more than ever, he had the support of himself and the sense of pride he felt  was unbelievable.  He knew he'd be surrounded by good people and would work hard to improve Detroit, particularly Bricktown in a way that would bring new people and new money into the city. 

He popped a pen in the new penhold than had been a gift from Hanabi and straightened his blotter.  After a few more long glances around the office he walked to the door, flug it open and declared

"The Smokehouse is open for business!" 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

With Hamish & Co having settled in comfortably to their new premises on the other end of Bricktown Don Brown decided it was time to go visit. With Eee and Monkey_Schrute by his side the three departed on the short drive with a few housewarming gifts. Arriving the driver opened their doors and quickly they were reunited with Hamish , Robert , and the wonderful chef Gordon_Ramsay. Shaking hands and hugging one another Taylor made his way to the trunk fetching the gifts. A pig to be spit roasted by Ramsay for the group to dine on, a bottle of Scotch Whisky for Hamish as old as himself, and a Krampus costume for his dear friend Robert which when they finished dining he would jump in for him and head to the market. Taylor knew that would give his old friend a good chuckle and scare any buggers away that may have thought about knocking over the lotto racket stationed within. Heading inside the celebrations and festivities would begin..

Report Post Tip

Robert raised his glass to toast his boss as well as the other men at the table. It was truly a surreal experience to be stepping out into new but strangely familiar territory. Their new HQ was set up behind a large gourmet meats and cheese store that promised the finest in house smoked meats and cured cheeses this side of Lake Erie. A rush had already descended upon their shop for their honey ham with cherry sauce and smoked turkey breasts as folks began prepping for the Thanksgiving holiday so the small moment of reprieve was welcome. 

"Taylor, words cannot express how thankful I am to have you as a mentor this past month. I have enjoyed immensely, the opportunity to serve as your right hand man and work with you and all of Detroit on the events that we've brought to the streets. I hope that the smokehouse will serve Detroit well and make you proud."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Hamish smiled to himself as he greeted his boss TaylorBrown and Eee and Monkey_Schrute. After giving them a tour of the Smokehouse and waving @Gordon_Ramsey to come in from the kitchen, he poured the gathered group glasses of scotch, having hidden the whiskey from his boss away.  He raised his glass in a toast to all of them, thanking each person individually for their help and guidance.  He saved his last toast for his brother Robert, who had never given up on him, even when Hamish had been presumed dead.  With a clink of the crystal he smile widened and he invited everyone to sit. 

"Thank you all once again for coming to celebrate this occasion.  Without your help, trust and faith in me this couldn't have happened.  I believe Detroit is a better place because of all of you, and i hope to live up to your expectations!  I promise to work hard to make this city and the district I'm in, Bricktown, to prosper.  Once again, I offer my gratitude to you all." 

He sat at the table and sipped his drink, pleased to have come so far. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: I See Fire: The Smokehouse Sets Up
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL