Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 15:30:03
Page:  1 
You do realise you joined a mafia based rp game!? Started by: MezzaninE on Nov 28, '20 14:10

Without trying to offend to many people as I know there are a ton of incredible RP'ers here & knowing that the game can be played in many ways.

I have to say there is a select few that are really making it difficult to enjoy, when all they seem to be able to do is OOC in the streets or on IRC is complain that "INSERT CURRENT REGIME" is doing something wrong, or "INSERT CURRENT REGIME" Is doing something like someone else did that they didn't approve of.

FFS - This is currently meant to be the 1920's mob, go read some history and stop crying when something "isn't fair" - It was a dictatorship and you were lucky if you got any reasoning for any actions - You had to earn trust, be devious and work hard to be classed asa significant person. IRL it would have been 100% denial of any involvement of any murder anywhere, so be pleased you get anything.

I also get the irony that I too am complaining.... but c'mon give it a break.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $600,000 Tip

You do realize there were regimes in the 1930's only difference  is what we are calling them today. In the 1930's they were called Families.  So really the rant should be that people are mixing eras with the wording which I have done  this myself. But it is you older players  who have taught us younger  players these words and definitions. 

We have seen with  the last regime or Family that  the real problem is that people do not know what the mafia is all about. They negated the whole thing by killing their own city (Family) members or letting someone else kill their Family members. A city is a Family, not just the district. The whole city is a Family under a GFC or Gf if GFC is not available. This means the whole city is a Family.   

The second most important thing in the Mafia after Family is making money. The only reason making money is second to Family is because you can not make  money without the Family. 

Report Post Tip
Sorry but quite frankly, you’re wrong.

A family is a family.
The rest are just allies, regardless how they came about.
People would fight for control of a city, Hell people would fight for control of a family.

This “rant” is aimed more at the hippy shit nonsense based around things “not being fair” when the outcome wasn’t what that player wanted.
Very little is aimed at if people are using the context in character based areas such as the streets.
That being said, some of the crap on there needs a lot more effort...My gripe is founded on the basis that over the past few weeks we have seen some truly pathetic complaints such as;

Complaining you were shot in the middle of the night.

A) this game has players from all time zones, so it’s always someone’s “middle of the night”
B) what the damn hell do you want? A warning shot? A declaration of war... get real ffs

Complaining that people under a certain rank should not be killed in war...

A) wtf, what makes you believe there’s some magical threshold before a rank become dangerous?
B) have you never been involved in a war, every person can have an impactful role.

& lastly Complaining that someone is doing something that because the end result was your death can be likened to any other number of now deemed to be negative reasons for death. This is like trying to draw parallels using the lowest common denominator... i.e. making out the cause for covid is breathing, because all victims had been doing so until their untimely demise. Have a guess what solution that logic would proffer....
Report Post Tip

You do realise you joined a mafia based rp game!?

There just aren't enough people anymore who understand that entire sentence MezzaninE. 

Roleplay is great.  Mafia based things are great.  The era of 1930's is great and filled with stories of interest, well any era of Mafia is interesting but for case in point I will focus on the 30's.

There are talking animals, futuristic things not even close to the 1930's or roleplays not even Mafia related in any capacity ...If only everyone would get on board with the foundation of this game is Roleplay AND Mafia AND 1930's... then that would be perfect.  How hard is it to use a search engine and research the 1930's like people, prices, locations, history, etc?

I applaud the efforts you made to bring another aspect of the problems to light.  Hopefully you can be a catalyst in change for the better.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

You all play mainstream media and news Mafia, you  are not really playing with the Real  Mafia morals and the set up you all have going isn't even proper Mafia.  It is what you perceive to be the Mafia from movies and television, make believe loosely based in fact. More make believe than fact. 

No Mezzanine you are wrong in the Mafia a Family is not over thrown unless the Council approves it.  What is the council? well it is not much different than the GF council that you all use here.  The only difference is who you all allow into I am sure it is not rank based.  As the Council in the real Mafia consists of the Family heads (Dons as we all the rank of GF is made up and not really a rank within the real Mafia) and their Capo and their Consigliere.

What is a Family by definition it is the Don ( remember there is no GF Rank in the Real Mafia) and anyone who works under him, meaning anyone he/ she   authorized and those who authorized him or her( as the case can sometimes be in this Era of the Mafia as more women are taking up leadership roles, because the men are getting arrested.)   This  is why you had families associated with specific cities such as New York and Chicago (which the Chi Families and the NY  Families  are still alive and functioning today.) 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Spirit  of rolls, What difference does it make if someone is  a talking dog or a cave man or vampire for that matter ?  Who are you to tell people they can not be creative?    As long as they play the character  within a mafia roll  context what does it matter what their character is? 

No one plays this like 1930's Mafia anyways, no one does.

If they did you would see stories on how the Mafia had a hand in starting the workers Unions in the 1930's, or the prohibition of marijuana and not hashish. Or how the Mafia fed more homeless in the 1930's than the American government.  Or how the Mafia had a hand in creating Boys Town for wayward boys. 

Report Post Tip
“No one plays this like 1930's Mafia anyways, no one does.”

And there lies the problem, people like you with the attitude that because you don’t see it, it doesn’t happen.
& therefore no-one needs to do it... Lots of people did/have tried over the years and it’s sad that it has reduced to near zero - but iI stand my statement that you should make a slight effort at the least.

Now the content of the RP wasn’t really a big issue, but as you bring it up, just like Marvel and DC never crossing, twilight and the godfather don’t mix either. But that’s just my opinion.

Anyway, interesting you comment on my knowledge of the mafia, when you haven’t the slightest inclination as to what knowledge I have, But let’s use your example of my knowledge and say “I’m going off hollywood & mass media” - well if the players I am talking about had that level of basic understanding and then applied it to any situation then they wouldn’t be acting in a way that is derogatory to the game and invites benign responses like “no-body does it” when this is a mafia based MMORPG - google it if you don’t get the fucking irony.

But no, please do keep on hijacking a thread taking an issue out of context to suit whatever agenda you have *yawn*
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I do certainly appreciate the "quit your whining" message that this brings.

Honestly, this hasn't felt like a mafia game to me in a long time.  Yeah - we show our respect, sip our flasks, puff our cigarettes and live by omerta, but it doesn't overly feel like mafia to me with the bloodlines and the way everything spills over from life to life.  Not to say I don't enjoy it, as I most certainly do - but this game feels more like some awkward combination of "The Hunger Games" and "CNN Primetime" most days.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

So I haven't played this game long, but no "family" has ever been overthrown.  A family has always existed - with the exception of the Chicago Heights family and the Genna brothers - both of which were merged into the Chicago Outfit under Capone's era, all other cities were established as a single family/borgata/cosca.  

The only thing that changed was appointing a boss over that city.  As entertaining as these wars can be - it's simply extremely unrealistic in how these are carried out.  Traveling between the east and west coast - committing mass murder and all of these "shooters" not winding up in jail for life?  Give me a break.  Half of this website should be in prison for life considering how flawed this system is.

Even in Sicily, when Toto Riina wiped out key leadership there, the various families in Palermo and all of their mandamentos continued to exist, they were just appointed by specific people.  

Money and power are the keys to the Mafia.  The gun is one thing, but without the other it's just a bunch of aimless gangs looking to flex muscles shooting back and forth with each other.  What people also fail to realize, is the Mafia is in fact ONE organization.  Not family vs family.  It's like being a member of a company and you have a branch in each city.

Furhtermore, one thing that has not been coveted from what I see is - made members are taken for granted.  Under no circumstances should ANY made member be robbed, harmed etc in ANY way what so ever.  Doing so would be a violation and ordered by death.  While there are also ranks of Boss, Underboss, Consigliere, Capo & Soldier - all made men are members.  They are all equal in certain ways - meaning a boss cannot put their hands on or basically abuse a member of another family.  If it's their family, they have their limits but if a true violation takes place they can do whatever they want there.  

Furthermore, when books are opened and members are welcomed - the commission reviews a list of all new members and if there's no issues - the members are accepted.  I doubt this is done here.  There should be far more associates than made members 3 to 1 here.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: You do realise you joined a mafia based rp game!?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL