Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 20:15:33
Page:  1 
Welcome to My Life Started by: Cage on Mar 13, '08 01:28
Cage woke up early this morning for some reason. He had trouble sleeping the night before, and he had trouble staying asleep. Rather than try to sleep again, he decided to take a walk. After showering and changing his clothes, he hit the streets and walked around for most of the day, thinking about things. He finds himself at a heavily populated street corner, and, taking off his sunglasses, decides to share his thoughts with whoever might listen.

Ya know...I'm pretty new to this life of crime, but I've been watchin' the streets, and realize that most of us don't really know each other very well, if at all. I know, I know "this ain't the boy scouts, we're not all best friends here", I'm not sayin' that we are. But we all end up doing business with each other somehow. Whether it be something as direct as working with a family member on fixing up a business district, or something as indirect as simply buying or selling drugs in the same city as a person from a differently family. We're still doin' business together.

I dunno about the rest of you, but personally, I like to know about things before I get into any situation. I never went into a match before first scouting my opponent, or at least getting notes from somebody who's scouted them for me, and I don't trust my life with somebody I never even talked to. I don't think most would. So to get the ball rolling, since I'm gonna be workin' with a lot of you now, I figured I'd let you all know a bit about me by sharing with you my background.

I didn't grow up in, or around the Mafia. I have no idea where I was born, but somehow I ended up in a little village in Japan, called Hattoji. I never knew my parents, but the master of a dojo Hattoji, found me abandoned in the middle of the forest while he was out meditating one day. He took me in, and raised me as his own.

I grew up, learning and doing the simple things in life. Fetching the water from the well, tending to the garden and the crops, doin' whatever I could to help out around the village. When I hit the age of thirteen, I began doing less and less of the simple chores, as I was brought into the dojo to begin training in Shorin-Ryu.

Slowly, as I grew older, I did less and less around the villiage, and got deeper into training. As the years went on, the training got more intense. By the time I was sixteen, I was training twelve hours a day, or more. I took to Shorin-Ryu extremely well, and was getting along further in my training than any of Master Noranaga's students.

Even taking to it as well as I was, I was miserable. I didn't understand the point of learning the martial arts if all I was going to do was train my life away. I was grateful that Master Noranaga took me in though, so I wouldn't let him down by quitting and I wouldn't give any less than my best. At eighteen I finally decided that I couldn't take it any more, and told him that I didn't think a life of endless training was the life for me, unless the training was a means to an end. He told be to be patient and wait it out, and I would see there was more for me so, reluctantly, I stuck to it.

Finally, at twenty I found what I was looking for. Master Noranaga told me to pack my bags, because we were going off to Tokyo. I didn't know why, and he wouldn't tell me until we got there. Upon arriving, we checked into a hotel and the next day he had me signed up in a martial arts competition. There were three contests in the competition. Sparring, kata, and weapons form. I entered, and won both the kata and weapons form contests. I wanted to fight, but Master Noranaga told me that it wasn't time yet. Still, I left the competition with two first place trophies, and I knew that competition was for me.

After the competition, we went back to Hattoji, where I resumed my training, but now we were also travelling to Tokyo all the time for competitions, and my trophies began to amass. After a couple years, Master Noranaga fell ill, and eventually passed away. I stuck around Hattoji for another few months, helping out around the place but I knew it was my time to enter the fights now. I packed my bags, and went off to Tokyo, this time moving there. I continued to go to competitions, but this time I also entered the fights. It took me five competitions before I got a win, but when I finally did get it, I didn't look back.

For the rest of the year, I continued going to the competitions, and getting better. At the age of twenty-three, I stopped going to the competitions entirely, and moved on to the tournaments. After a lotta losses, third place, and second place finishes, I finally finished a tournament in first place after a year, and I began finishing in first in almost all of the tournaments I entered.

I continued doing tournaments in Tokyo during the day, and lived the fast-paced Tokyo nightlife in the evenings. I liked to live life fast, and I was living it fast, but I knew I still wasn't living the life I was meant to live. I watched how the Yakuza lived and I admired them. I always thought that was the life for me, but I knew I had no chance of getting in so I just went along with my tournaments.

Eventually, I started travelling to America to do tournaments. When in Chicago for one, I noticed some people walking around like they owned the whole city. People would drop everything they were doing for them, and they seemed to be able to get any tables they wanted, at any restaurant they went to. After asking around, I found out they were in the American Mafia.

I returned to Tokyo and continued competing in, and winning, tournament after tournament. On my twenty-fifth birthday, I made my decision. It was time for me to move to Chicago, and become one of those people I saw living the good life. I figured with my martial arts background, I'd bring an interesting element to the crime world, and with the years I've spent training, I knew I'd have the motivation and discipline to make it far.

As soon as I got off the plane, I snatched myself a purse and was soon on my way to a life of crime. Soon I was robbing 7-11s in my sleep. I began asking around about how I might be able to get in a Family, and I was directed to Skepta, who ran a division of Cab_Tufting's Chicago Partisans. I've been working my way up through the ranks pretty quick, and I gotta say I love this life. Just the other day I was conducting some business at the ClubPub in Philadelphia, and a woman came up and started makin' out with me! If I'da known that this life existed, I would have skipped the years of training, and made a life for myself here.

And that's it. Obviously I didn't cover everything little thing, but I covered what I thought to be key points. Maybe after hearing my background, you can gain some insight as to who I am, and can feel better about working with, and around me. I'll leave the floor open now. I'm interested in hearing some of your backgrounds, should you choose to share them.

Cage puts his sunglasses back on, and finds a seat on the curb, waiting to see if any of the rest of the crowd speaks up.
Report Post Tip
Santino lit a cigar and started talking after he listened to Cage's speech.

You have an interesting background, Cage. I was involving in fighting too when I was younger, a long time before I got involved in this thing of ours. It started when I was a kid. Whenever my mother wasn't busy with work she was primping in front of a mirror at home. I hated listening to her talk about how beautiful she was so I spent a lot of time hanging out with other kids on the street. There was an old man in the neighborhood who ran a gym where boxers trained. I use to sneak in the gym and watch the fighters. I wanted to be as tough as them, but I was just a skinny little kid. One day I was hanging out in the back alley behind the gym smoking cigarettes with my friends. The old man who owned the gym caught us. He threatened to tell our parents. I don't remember what the other kid's parents did for a living, but my mother was in the mafia. I was scared of her. I didn't want her to find out I was smoking so I begged the old man not to tell her. He offered me a deal, if I cleaned the gym every afternoon after school he promised not to tell my mother.

A few months after I started working in the gym the old man asked me if I wanted to learn how to be a boxer. Of course I said yes. Over the next few years I went to the gym everyday to train. As soon as I turned 18 the old man set up a match for me to box against another young fighter. I'll never forget that match. The guy hit me so hard I thought I was going to die. After I lost the fight I was so mad I didn't want to box anymore, but the old man wouldn't let me quit. He told me to train harder for the next fight. I lost the next three fights. Someone called me the worst boxer ever, but I kept training. I eventually won a fight and felt like I was the king of the world after I knocked out my opponent.

There was a lot of money involved in boxing, but not for the fighters. The bookies were every match taking bets. When I heard about all the money they made on fight night I wanted a piece of it. I didn't want to box anymore. I was tired of the long days of training and getting beat up. A bookie approached me with a deal one day. He said he could arrange for me to win my next four matches if I agreed to lose the fifth match. He offered me a lot of money, but I didn't understand why I had to win four matches then lose one. He explained to me if I won a few matches in a row more people will place more bets on me. He was right. For the fifth fight where I lost on purpose the bookie made a big bundle of money. He got so much he gave me a bonus. Generous guy.

After that scam I quit boxing and started working for the bookie. I met a few of his associates, got involved in other things to make money, one thing lead to another and eventually I started working for the mob in Philly.
Report Post Tip
My story is simple. The mafia always had a thing for us actors to be associated with them and it doesn't hurt us to be known with the right connections. Skepta came to me a few weeks ago asking if he could launder some assets thru my movie productions and we can use the distribution of the movies for some extra deliveries of his.

It is a real sweet deal, I get all the money i need for production, and in return I find him some real sweet young actresses willing to sit on his couch for a rise in thier career. We all make a whole lot of money and we are seen by the right people.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Welcome to My Life
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL