Get Timers Now!
X

May 08 - 16:27:22
Page:  1 
A tip to the Youngsters Started by: -MuffinMan- on Mar 13, '08 17:31
A short chubby man wearing a Top hat, Dress jacket, and a undershirt reading "Stud Muffin" walks over to the podium, hops on and clears his throat

Hello Ladies and gentlemen,

I decide to come here today thanks to a letter that I would like share with the community.

No it's nothing bad, no letters stating how so and so stepped on my toe now I'm angry and hate everyone, no it's not a letter from a Father passed down to his son to read for the community as if they care.

In fact, during my pen-pal activities I sparked a light that flickered in this thinker of mine.

During a discussion with a Family member of mine I was asked a question that made me wonder how everyone else views things.

The question is as follows:
"Mr.MuffinMan, what do you feel your chances of becoming CL are?

My reply was this:
"Dear Mr.SoandSo,

I don't know. I've declared my loyalty to the Family, if when the time comes then it comes. People start out with the intentions of wanting a Family of their own, and that's where the problem lies in this world. If your immediate intentions are jump straight into those shoes, then you wouldn't be doing it properly.

Would I mind having a Family? Absolutely not, but am I striving for it at this moment? Not at all, just working on helping the Family.

Although in perspective I would hope that if that time came I would be at least looked at as a

good candidate, or else all my hard work hasn't really paid off."

After telling him my Views I thought maybe this would be a good talk amongst the Community.

How do you view, as my friend would say, "This thing of ours"?

Here's my opinion:

If you go out and declare your intentions are strictly to run a Family, then who are you expecting to give you that privilege when your time is spent on concentrating on yourself rather than your loyalty to your Family?

I find just as many rewards in this world by working hard in Family, than those who rush into things. Getting a position that enables you to run your own Family, without knowing "how" will do nothing more than getting "laughed at" or "your name tattooed in the Obits".

If you do have the "know how" to run things, how do you plan on getting their with no work put in?

Rank isn't Knowledge, don't let it fool you. The ability to run a Family is not hidden in Min ranking, it's a lot of communication and hard work amongst your Family. If you succeed in a Family business or operation, then you get the knowledge of a little structure, it's not in Jail Breaking. Don't get me wrong there is nothing bad about Min. time ranking for that is one of my goals as well, it's a good goal to strive for, just don't make it your only goal. Get involved in something and show responsibility before asking for it.

I think it's a bad way to view things, but hey what do I know? I'm just a Baker!

Until next time. This is your Loving Muffin Baker signing out!

The man then taps the Microphone to realize no sound was even emerging during his speech

Blasted! How come I always get the faulty Equipment!?
Report Post Tip
A man wearing a white jumpsuit with a blue logo on the back step up to the mike.

"You just have to jiggle it a little, by the way, nice speech and I must say I do admire your view on our world. And that will be $45,000 for the portable stage."

You see some money being exchanged and the man leaving, whistling as he walks
Report Post Tip
I would have to agree, it was a stellar speech. You make some great points, that many of us should listen to. Becoming a CL isn't something that you should just ask for, it should be earned. Too many people are focused on that, and put their family last.
Report Post Tip
Yeah I hear all this talk about "How soon can I become a Family Leader"... psh...

I don't WANT to be a family leader. I like doing my thing, and getting on with the rest of my life.

What people don't realize, is the amount of WORK our bosses have to put in! 25 hour days, 8 days a week, NOT FUN.

Personally, I'll stick to just helping out where I can, if my boss wants me to take over some duties for him/her, no problem i'm here to help, but as far as leading my own family, I don't think so.

-ZackMorris

PS. I love Jesse.
Report Post Tip
Mr. Muffin you hit the nail right on the head. In this thing of ours your goal should not be to run your own family, It should instead be to Help The Family you are in to rise above all roadblocks and to do anything and everything necessary for your Family to prosper. Becoming a CL(if that is your eventual goal) should be a reward for your hard work and you sacrifice. I personally just want to do whatever i can for my family and to be there always when my boss needs me. I could possible one day lead a Family of my own, but that day would be far far in the future . I am simply happy as i am, working for a Family and a Leader that i respect.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A tip to the Youngsters
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL