Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:27:09
Page:  1 
So you wanna be a Made Man... Started by: Rambo on Mar 14, '08 14:35
Let me tell you a story, its all fiction of course.

Lets use a fictional guy name .. Plying Fig De'Angelo and follow his journey ito a Mafia family. As the story unfolds,occasionally, we will refer to De'Angelo as 'Phiggy".

This is all about what the importance of references and knowing that someone is putting themselves on the line when they recommend someone.

First of all, yah gotta know: Phiggy needs to know someone already in the Mafia; someone willing to befriend him with important players in the game. Phiggy came from a middle-class family in New York. His uncle Deanos and and grandmother Ziggy were members of the La Cosa Nostra before a team of assassins whacked them for the betrayal of the omerta code.

Phiggy was a straight-A student and outstanding High school football player. Phiggy grew up idolizing his uncle and grandfather's mob connections but he possessed a burning desire to become a professional football player and youth counselor for troubled teenagers.

While chatting with fellow wiseguys over a plate of cannolis, Tito introduced Phiggy as, "a friend of mines". This mutual greeting signifies the message that Phiggy wants to get inside their world. Since Tito vouched for Phiggy and the fact His uncle and grandfather were once respectable 'made men' in the Mafia the wiseguys chanced the young man's ability to earn money for the family and he was now known as a "Gangster".

Dedication and hard work is very important for Phiggy. Without fear, He must show Tito and His people He can master the art of Mafia-type work. Next, Tito sends a message to all the crews that a guy name Phiggy needs work.

As a rule Tito must watch Phiggy because if He turns out to be a 'rat' the command staff would kill Tito. Phiggy's main goal was to be a real-life Mafia hitman----like the goombas that did the St Valentines Day Massacre he'd read about in the papers. Tito had Phiggy to perform low-level criminal jobs for small amounts of cash or no compensation. This process is done to gain trust and respect---a chance to show ability to earn big-time money for the family. If He does well more lucrative jobs would follow. As this process evolves, Tito, will groom Phiggy; teach him the ropes of La Cosa Nostra but never reveal the whole infrastructure of the family or its secrets.

Within short time, Phiggy's ingenuity adapted well on the streets as He carried out extortions and gambling. Periodically, He committed armed robberies and burglaries to fatten the money flow, but still He had miles to travel to reach the pinnacle of being a 'made man'.

Murder Call

Murder is the Mafia trademark. The Underboss asked Tito if He felt His 'wanna be' protege, Phiggy, was ready to ice blood. He's a little green but He's pretty sharp and done well so far, Tito tells the Underboss."Let's give him the code#3 hit on Greenwood street', the Underboss commanded. When Tito gave Phiggy the low down on the target, he blushed with excitement. He envisioned himself carrying out a real-live murder; a chance to show the ability to kill, hoping to become officially made. Like clockwork, everything went down as planned. When Phiggy's target exited a shiny vehicle---he ran up to the guy and pumped bullets into his chest and head. This kill only inspired Phiggy to kill more victims. His dreams of being a hitman for the Mafia played itself into reality. Though he was a killer but the Mafia boss had not anointed him yet.

Finally Tito tells Phiggy over drinks, "good work, pal". "You've done well for the family and the boss okayed the command group to make you an WiseGuy". Tito reminds him that he's not officially made yet; be careful and stay ready for more work. Though Phiggy is not 'made' but as an associate he can earn more money taking orders from the command staff. If Phiggy's work proves worthy he might be chosen to officially join the Mafia. As time pass Tito keeps track of his protege as he keeps making money from the rackets and loansharking and he reported Phiggy's progress back to command staff. Having survived this far in the brutal underworld the handsome Phiggy was hungry for promotion. Meanwhile a couple of Wiseguys went to prison for a long stretch and three were murdered. Revenge against the rival killers were imminent. For Phiggy, with five men gone the family needed fresh recruits. Tito, his freind, who introduced him to the family, calls for a meeting to recommend the aspiring football player for that 'once in a lifetime promotion.

Mafia Induction

This is the profound moment for Phiggy to sell his soul to the Mafia; a sacrificial moment of brotherhood in blood. An induction ceremony is presided over by the boss, underboss, the consiglieri and other ranked members.

I never saw one or heard of it, but this would be my guess what might happen.

Boss: "Today we are here to bring in a new member into our family--this thing of ours, to induct Phiggy De'Angelo".

Next, the group hold hands while making a circle. As Phiggy approach the men, the circle is broken by the boss. Phiggy is led into the circle. Once the boss open up the circle this move is a symbol of family unity opening up to accept the new member into the family.

Before Phiggy is finally 'made' the boss test his heart:

Boss: "De'Angelo, do you have brothers and sisters?"

Phiggy: "Yes".

Boss: "If I told you---your brother was a rat, he's gonna harm us, you'd have to kill him. Would you do that for the family?

Phiggy: "Yes".

Boss: "Your mother, child or wife, is dying in bed and you needed to leave either (one) because we called on you. Could you do that, Phiggy?"

Phiggy: Takes a deep breath, exhales, then says, "yes, yes".

Boss:"Alright, so this is what you want. We're the best people. We're gonna make you part of this thing", Phiggy.

As Phiggy prepare for the Mafia oath his 'trigger finger' is cut. Members extract blood from the wound. Presenting a holy card showing the image of the family's saint is burned on Phiggy's hand. Still in a circle the Mafia family make eye-to-eye contact with the recruit as he pledge the following oath:

Boss: "Repeat after me. "I, Phiggy De'Angelo, want to enter this secret organization to protect my family and brothers. I swear not to divulge this secret and to obey with love and omerta. As this saint burns--so will burn my soul. I enter alive into this organization and can only leave dead".

Having pledged heart, mind and soul, Phiggy De'Angelo has became what many people fantasize of being; something that society fear but admire---a real-life Mafia MADEMAN
Report Post Tip
Is it acceptable if I yawn here?

Cos I just fucking yawned. What a waste of my life.
Report Post Tip
shit in his breakfeast.

Piss on his chips.

w/e you wanna call it im a fucking alcholic.

(thats a lie but it rhymes)
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: So you wanna be a Made Man...
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL