Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 10:14:23
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
To: The Commission Started by: Salvatore_Mancuso on Dec 29, '20 23:04

Gotcha.

Report Post Tip

So I see what you're trying to say in terms of making this closer to the actual Mafia.

That said, Doing most of these things would be a terrible idea. All of your suggestions would, in the end, promote stagnancy. At days end, it would end up that the only things that change would be the occasional rogue trying to break the system, and people would get board and leave. 

MR works because this world is dynamic. and at days end, that must remain at the cost of realism.

Side note, you did a solid job of trying to make your original comments in character, but to discuss this at any level requires that you consider both in an out of character ideas, making this an OOC discussion by necessity.

final thought. If you really want to know what this would do, ask Squishy why the Disorder and the Curtis/grin regimes were removed. The changes they attempted to input resulted in the same lack of change that your suggestions would cause, and that was to the detriment of the game.

Report Post Tip

I guess that's a good point, but also a perspective of a player.  Does every player in this game desire to be a Crew Leader/Boss?  I'm not sure that's always the case.  Unfortunately, easier said than done of course to add new features - this game is of course extremely limited on what can be done.  

The same could be said about people leaving the game and numbers being down.  Sure, you have a tight group but I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who sporadically join and leave because the game has major limits.

That said, not sure what you mean about partially in and out of character outlets.  Could you ellaborate?

Report Post Tip

Salvatore_Mancuso you are clearly very well educated in the true history of the mafia, and I applaud you for bringing these things up. You're not the first person to notice the subtle differences between the real mafia and the internet mafia, nor will you be the last. But at least you know what you are talking about.

In all honesty, a "true" reflection of the mafia in text based browser game form is a utopian idea and really can't be met. There have been games that have tried, when these type of games were more popular. In general, text based MMOs have been on a downturn for more than a decade, and that's just a reflection of improved technology and the things people are interested in. Mafiareturns has done a fair job of keeping up with the times as far as new features and keeping people around - I think we may be the biggest mafia game still functioning. But a major reason why that is the case is because the game is still, at heart, what it was twenty years ago. The ranks are the same, the layout is very similar, the main functions of the game - wacking, RPing, interaction, making money - all remain the same or very similar. This is the way the code is and has been as it has evolved. 

These type of wholescale changes to the game are not something that leaders can really affect, even if the desire was there across the board. We wouldn't be able to re-define the ranking tree, or change the way the game is played and has been played for years. That being said, if there is to be change, it has to start somewhere, and it can't start without being brought up. Some of the things you have said definitely piqued my interest. A lot of the things you've brought up have been attempted in one way or another over the years, but in the end this game will always be played how it always has been played.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
NathanExplosion

Thank you so much for the feedback. I also am very attentive to detail and in much of what I have read I'd love to see incorporates. Albeit, I think you have excellent points along with others. Thank you so much for your feedback.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: To: The Commission
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL