Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 15:56:21
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Legere Ducem Nunc: On Picking a Leader Now Started by: LaszloKovacs on Jun 03, '11 04:17

LaszloKovacs

Tis folly to say that Jade's bloodline knows nothing about New York it's leadership and it's alliances. Few would know more about the past years history of New York than her line. Mine for example who probably know more and if I chose to go through my ancestors journals I could probably give an indepth analysis of the thoughts of the last great New York regime on alot of the current crop of leaders.

Report Post Tip

Lazlo, to say that my RHW is not worth your time is a bold statement, young man. Jade has clearly earned the same respect that I have and deserves to be treated as such.

Now, onto your vision of our reality. For starters, I'll tackle the whole "Everyone fears Chicago". Philadelphia came from Chicago's loins. The great -Premeir was formerly underboss of Chicago, yet he's scared of us? New Orleans has been allies with Chicago for quite some time now and by lineage, Saint Louis is as well. Detroit is in the same boat as New Orleans, having been allies with Chicago for some time, thus by lineage, so is Las Vegas. Therefore, how is there any fear in our alliances? We know they have strength and they know we have strength. We respect each other as organizations of the Mafia should. To say that the other cities fear us is quite foolish. On a related note, you say that New York had allies. How exactly did they have allies if everyone stood with Chicago?

The next thing I will tackle is your believe that Chicago does nothing but buy bodyguards. Did you happen to look over at New York during your time there? They had just as many people Insanely Well Protected, if not more than Chicago. Their main hitter, Sho (God rest his soul) had over 400 bodyguards. Yet, New York was not concentrating on buying bodyguards? Quite frankly, if a Godfather did not insure the safety of his members (Be that with bodyguards or not), I would look down upon them. If you do not ensure the safety of your city, what good are you? You're no better than the husk of a cicada. Useless, dried up, etc.

Your next point, New York waiting like lambs for slaughter. How is it a respectable act to wait for your city to be destroyed? If anything, it goes against every moral standard we as Mafioso hold ourselves to. Whatsername could have attempted to steal alliances away from Chicago, she could have launched a prememtive strike; hell, she could have even spoken to Roman and tried to work something out. Did she? No. If I am not mistaken, New York recieved wind of the coming attack and it was brought to the attention of Whatsername. Did she do anything about it? No. She sat there, waiting. If anything, Sho held himself with the most honor in that city. When his city was under seige, he stood up and defended what was left, knowing he would die. Whilst I respected many members of New York, it is quite apparent that they sleighted Chicago on multiple ocassions. From the numerous rogues in the last 4 months to the take down of Drexler, a Chicago authed Godfather and the allowance of foxxy to live. In the end, New York was out for themselves and Chicago was out for the betterment of our society.

You claim that Whatsername had an eloquent voice and that she spoke in our streets. When was the last time she came out to us with a speech? Last I noticed, Sho was handling every one of her affairs, including auth notices and street speeches. Godfather Roman has spoken more times in our streets than I had seen Whatsername do. In short young man, your vision of reality is quite flawed and you choose to look through only one side of the looking glass. You believe that Roman is a monster and that we follow him blindly, but I say we all knew what could have happened when we chose to follow him into war and I respect him for protecting our society by removing someone that could be detrimental to it. Turn the looking glass around, young man. Have a look through the other side and perhaps you will see the errors of your way.

Panda disappears down a back alley, headed to HQ.

Report Post Tip

I'm mostly being sarcastic with Jade. I have heard things about her and her ancestry. I am still disappointed in the fact she would bring herself to comment though, but it's all totally understandable. It probably was under orders.

SpuffWaffle, I know you saw me naked as a child, and those were my glory days. If you knew my father and he saw you watching, he would have slapped you as I had a nice desirable ass back then. Now it's starting to sag prematurely...

Starts coughing..

Well, it looks like this will be most likely my last monologue so for the sake of keeping it quick, I'm sorry Spuff, but I'm not going to argue you because my time is brief and you’re a waffle and might get cold. Panda, I hope you were paying attention what I was just saying, but ask someone to fill you in about the Jade part. The bodyguard thing should be a non-issue. Chicago was the first to start getting itself mass protection. It flipped when one of ours surpassed them, but overall New York was way behind. Thank you for your opinion of Sho, but you are mistaken of how New York handled the final attack and of how we were waiting for it. Certain people knew that the attack’s basis would be a lie, as is the nature of a certain city, but we weren’t sure of when it was happening. Chicago picked a prime time to attack. People were sleeping thus even if that girl knew earlier, that girl could not take proper action. I don’t think you follow that person blindly. I think you probably know you are following his orders right now. If you don’t, turn the looking glass to yourself. Now, finally, I'm just going to make my last few statements.

Coughs some more...

Roman. I'm addressing you directly now, outside, in the open. You're actually a very quiet person. You usually only come out to speak after you've done something questionable. This is not a good sign. You wouldn't even thank me or respond to my messages to you. I think you need to learn to be a bit more gracious to someone who is helping keep you on life support. I have at least given you over thirty pieces of silver. Some people would be satisfied with that, but imagine taxing the whole world. And yet, I still return unto Caesar his things. I remember I lost my watch once. Some guy returned it. I bought him a couple beers, and talk to him for a while. It’s a shame you wouldn’t do the same.

If you are called out on something, you should speak up. It makes you look weak, and I know you aren't weak. However, I know you are having an issue with people speaking out against you, and so perhaps you are in a plotting mode. I'm telling you now: you're supposed to be able to come up with lies a bit faster. It saves everyone time. You should have done it faster with New York, and perhaps there would have been less of an issue in the aftermath. I do know though that if you had killed New York as veal it would be less profitable to you since there would be less meat so I guess maybe there was your reasoning.

I promise you will still get my money even after I am dead, and eventually my son’s. It is yours after all. I will be very depressed though if you don't start thanking people. Not surprisingly, old dogs can't learn new tricks I guess, and old dogs who put young violent perverted hounds into power clearly don't know much about choosing leadership. So, my conclusion to as to why it's taking you time, or you're avoiding a response completely, is that you're ignorant to the topic I started this speech with and you’re not actually grateful to anyone for your wealth, position, and most importantly (and most correctly) the minions who do your cleanups (not referring to your diaper).

After the storm you caused, somehow, New York is no longer New York. It has been totally wiped from what it once was. The levees have broken, Chicago, and you have to find all of those people you’ve failed some work. I know you will house them, but you won’t house them well. They will miss their homes, and want to return to it. Now that their city is destroyed, they don’t have a home to return to. I see you having a lot more issues. If you thought that the few rogue leaders, the few and unimportant (Don’t lie about that; they were not a threat to anyone really. It would make you look stupid, and I don’t want people anymore shaky on their opinion of you), in New York were bad, imagine having similar discontent spark up from within in bulk? Imagine distrust. Imagine lack of loyalty. I fear for you now. As I have stated, you have the most to lose.

Finally, be sure to rethink who you’ve placed in power. Prior to Old New York’s fall, it was a great issue, and now it is even more so. It’s a shame they were not shot in the war, and yet they also tried to be the most protected (first). Their time will come, and so will yours. Mine is much more nearer. Since I have no expectations of hearing from you, I wish you the best, and will render the remainder of my coinage, deservingly, to you soon enough.

Coughs up some blood…

Report Post Tip

"If the bloodline of Laszlo teaches us one thing it's that you must give up some blood to get change enacted. Leaders have clearly learned from the mistakes of past Tyrants."

Takes a deep hall off a cigarette. Sputtering with a nasty cough.

"It also goes to showcase how to properly address issues in the streets, dragging the names of our current leadship, The Towers Of New York, The Pillar Of Philly, and the mighty Big Easy. Our leadership has improved across the board and our shores are now in a much better position. Taking the recent examples of the successful Detroit project. Lest we forget what we have survived and gone through to get to this point."

Report Post Tip

It is a shame this has managed to dig itself out of the mud where it had fallen.

Had everyone else shared this man's negativity and hopelessness, I doubt change would ever have been enacted.

Report Post Tip

Being the writer's great great great bastardized great grandson, I think it was exactly this type of negative view on the situation at that time that helped bring across such a change later on. Hopelessness? I don't see that in his words. He seemed hopeful for a greater world. If anything, he was optimistic, and almost speaking in prolepsis of how things ended for that one leader back then. He was simply commenting on what his forefathers had witnessed, and what he was living in. I do think that it was the silence of such speakers that let 

It is those things in the mud that we must remember so that history does not repeat itself. Vincent's archaeological finding is refreshing to see. From what I had been told of those times, they were more than unpleasant, and this can be seen in the bitterness of Laszlo's words. 

We are in a different world now. Clearly someone did something right... Even if it wasn't due to a short lived person such as Laszlo being one of the causes of the end of those horrible days, it was similarly held ideals that eventually led to the downfall of that reign.

The leaders of today are different, and for this we should be very grateful. When considering the immorality of the Roman Empire, it just wasn’t all that much fun, even though it should’ve been, with bacchants, festivals, and such. In the end, it just seemed like it was all cruel sacrifice back then, without any... shame.

I know I’m glad now to be working under someone spawned from the deadliest of sins, because all of that other stuff back then was simply child’s play. One might enjoy the knowledge that the pits have been scraped and buttered, but if you’re not a hedonist, then this isn’t a world you would enjoy.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Legere Ducem Nunc: On Picking a Leader Now
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL