Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 18:20:59
Page:  1 
The Whirl-y Bird Catches The Worm Started by: Alexei on Jan 25, '21 23:56

Alexei had been working in the city's rhubarb garden lately. The amount of dedication and tedious work was overwhelming this time of year. The amount of fertilizer needed to keep the irregular vegetable alive was exhausting... good thing there were plenty of regular city invaders every week or so. The pesky Durdens was its favorite treat. He had continued to put down some fresh mulch and fertilizer when he noticed Garcia in a window of the HQ. She was in the boardroom managing some papers... that's all she did lately.

As he watched her in the window for a brief moment, one of Alexei's informants came to speak to him.

"Eyyyy Alexei. You and your comrades may have some trouble."

Alexei grinned because he knew trouble was something that could be solved rather quickly.

"Is that so comrade? What you got for me huh?", he responded to the drug addict.

"Sounds like the local godfather is tired of your boss's operations. He's going to hit you soon and try to put you in your place."

Alexei stopped for a second. He placed his small shovel on the ground and removed his gloves as he stood up to take in this information. He took out a few hundred bucks of cash from his back pocket and gave it to Gerald. Without saying anything else, Gerald scrammed to get another ounce of his preferred drug... whatever it may be this week. Alexei walked inside to speak to Garcia.

Report Post Tips: 38 / Total: $760,000 Tip

Garcia was in the HQ boardroom preparing the files for the team. They had been busier than usual lately, it seemed never ending. She thought that @Whirl might be able to have a little downtime after visiting all the jails across the country, but that didn't seem possible right now. There was still work to be done and now she was hearing rumblings that the Godfather of Manhattan was looking to make a power grab. 

Just as she was taking a drink of her coffee, @Alexei burst into the office, calling out her name. Startled, she somehow managed not to spill her coffee down the front of her dress, which happened to be her latest favorite. She turned around slowly and was greeted by a very tense and serious look. Something was wrong, she could feel it. It seemed the rumblings were more than that, the Godfather was definitely intending to make a move. 

"Hey, I know you're "busy" but we've got important stuff to do," @Alexei said as he took the coffee from her hand and set it on the table. "There's trouble brewing and we need to be on the offense, rather than the defense."

Garcia had been preparing for this moment for months and she still felt unprepared. She looked at @Alexei and nodded, understanding what had to be done. They had to surprise the Godfather before he moved. 

As they headed out of the HQ, Ramone was there with a car, waiting. He informed them that @Whirl had already left ahead of them. That caused a panic inside of her. What if they were too late, what if something happened, what if... She felt @Alexei wrap his hand around her wrist and pull her into the car. 

"Step on it," he said to Ramone as he reached across her, shutting the door just as Ramone peeled away from the curb, racing off towards the Godfathers mansion. When they arrived, Garcia threw open the door, jumping from the car. She stopped herself, calm, calm was needed, this was a blitz, not a damn bombardment. Just as Alexei climbed out of the car, they heard the shot. Garcia's heart jumped into her throat. Calm be damned, she took off running, gun in hand, Alexei right next to her. 

They busted down the doors to the Godfather's mansion and saw Whirl standing there, no gun to be found. He looked up, proudly at his two hands. Garcia saw the Godfather laying on the ground at her feet. He did it. A rush of excitement, pride and relief swept through her body. 

"Congratulations Godfather Whirl! I am so proud of you!"

Report Post Tips: 12 / Total: $240,000 Tip

Looking at both his hands and the concerned looks on their faces, Whirl raised his arms in a celebratory manner. A slight raspish noise of glee escapes Whirl's mouth as Alexei looks at his newly appointed Godfather whilst flexing his mooooooscles in a manly fashion.

"Now that you are Godfather, I can implement the tax on vodka and make it so only important, muscle bound Russians like me can afford it!", exclaimed Alexei as he ran off to make his booze tax bonanza a reality.

Whirl chuckled at his burly Russian comrades words and quickly turned to his other hand. He smiled at the elegant Garcia as she smiled back at him. He realised the sacrifices she made to be here today, to leave her friends and family behind to eventually be the rock and the brains behind the upper echelons of Manhattan.Garcia wiped a tear from her eye, smiled again, composed herself and went off to bark some orders at the rabble of Manhattan criminals that were now approaching the entrance gates to the recently deceased crime lord.

Allowing himself a slightly lingering smile, Whirl caught the eye of one of his up and coming gangsters, Leon, and motioned with his hand for him to come over. The wide eyed youngster approached cautiously.

"Yes sir?", he muttered quietly.

"Speak up Leon, we ain’t in a goddamn library." Whirl hollered in an annoyed tone.

"Yes sir?!", Leon said in a louder voice.

"That’s better! Anyway, I’m not here to instruct you on how to act around me. I need you to do an important task for me.", stated Whirl as Leon slowly leaned in.

"I need you to get word to Marko, Dick and Quincy now about what has transpired. They, and CPW have put just as much work into Manhattan as myself, Alexei, Garcia and The Forty Thieves, and deserve to hear the good news first hand, rather than by some slack jawed nobody on the streets.", said Whirl with gusto in his voice.

Leon quickly nodded his head and ran off into the direction of CPW’s headquarters. Momentarily looking back at the dead body, Whirl lets out a contented sigh, looks forward and walks slowly to the front door. Letting himself down gently on the front step, Whirl reached for his inner left jacket pocket and pulled out his cigarette case. Tapping his cigarette against the case, he puts the case down on the step, lights his cigarette and waits for his other criminal comrades to arrive on the scene.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $180,000 Tip

ThymeBalm rushes into Whirl's HQ nearly tripping over his own feet. He pulls a handkerchief out of his front breast pocket and wipes the sweat from his brow. Whirl was seated by a fireplace with a look of contentment. Thyme knew what had happened.

"Boss, I heard rumblings of trouble and got here as soon as I could. But it looks to me like you already took care of the situation."

Thyme smirks with relief.

"Guess the old bastard was no match for you in the end. Looks like you are solely in control of Manhattan now, no one can dispute that."

He takes a seat next to Whirl.

"You know boss.. or should I say Godfather. We've worked together for some time now. I've seen you rise to the rank of Don and now to the ultimate position of Godfather. No one deserves this more and it's been an honour to see this day come to pass."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

It was rather late when the first reports came in from Manhattan that Whirl wanted to challenge the Godfather. It was a rumour at first, but after seeing the telegram she received from Manhattan, it was going to happen today.

Saanvi woke up Cossack and Erwin_E and told them that they were going to Manhattan to congratulate the new Godfather. 

Whirl had had a lot of training and there would be no doubt that he would beat the Godfather.

Arriving in Manhattan, they were welcomed by Alexei and Garcia who looked very happy. 

"Is it done?" Saanvi asked.

"Of course",  Alexei answered. You know how strong Whirl is and how hard he worked for this.

Cossack took the case of whiskey out of the car and together they went inside to congratulate Whirl.

"Congratulations Whirl. A great result after all the hard work. I hope you will accept this case of whiskey and believe me, it is of the best quality."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

JoynerLucas remembered where his fathers came from, the great city of New York. So when he heard about New York doing great things, he wanted to let his appreciation be known.

"Congratulations Whirl. My father told me good things about you when I was a child. You have done New York proud, my friend."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Arriving fashionably late to the party as always Kousei stumbled into Whirl's HQ with a bottle of finely aged 21yr old Whisky in hand. Looking around the place he noticed some familiar faces and gave a nod with a big smile on his face. Finally catching a glimpse of Whirl Kousei quickly made his way over to the man himself.

"Congratulations Whirl what a well earned position and I'm certain you'll fill the role perfectly. I know I'm a little late but I made sure to make up for it with one of the best whisky's I could fish up while I was away on business. Manhattan is Lucky to have you my friend."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Thomas Crown, known around these parts famously to be the hibernating type. Finally, decided to pay the newly appointed God Father of Manhattan his due visit. I mean, it wasn't his fault. All this fine whiskey he had brought back from Scotland, kept him warm and buzzed. To the point, sleep was always the first order of priority. I mean, even JenBarber from time to time would steal from his stocks. She knew how good this was. Also, on his European escapades. Crown had managed to gather some fine wine from the wine country in France. He knew Whirl was a fan. He also knew, that Whirl was eventually going to be God Father. Hell, in one of his dreams he pictured Whirl sitting on a table. Swining his leg and sipping on wine out of a skull of a man. Which at this point, can be assumed to be the skull of the late God Father of Manhattan. I know crazy picture. But such is the nature of Crowns dreams. And well Whirls presence...

In either event. Thomas Crown put on his fanciest suit, tied his tie, shined his shoes. Grabbed a few bottles out of his closet, threw it all in a nice brown leather duffle bag and headed to the HQ of Manhattans God Father. As the car pulled up he noticed Alexei working on some plants in the garden. I mean it wasn't really him getting his hands dirty. However, some associate seemed to be doing the dirty work. Thomas walked over. 

Hey Alexei, hows it going buddy. Hows the new God Father treating you in his old age? 

Crown and Alexei exchanged a few laughs as they chatted. Then it was time to go see the old Whirl man. As Thomas was getting ready to run up the steps of the mansion. He pulled out a bottle for Alexei. 

So, you remember when I had to go to Europe for that job? Well I brought quite some fine liquors back. Here is something you may enjoy. 

He hands over a proper Vodka bottle, refined in the heart of mother Russia. Word was, it was the finest ones around. Obviously Thomas had to have it. And he couldn't think of a better person to give this to. 

Enjoy the bottle good sir. Now time for me to visit the Whirl-Father. 

Thomas runs up the staircase passing by ThymeBalm and Genovese sharing a few chuckles with them. And then walking all the way up to Whirls office. As he opened the door. He saw his loyal RHW Garcia taking some notes. Thomas smiled and pulled out two bottles of wine he had brought. He handed them to Garcia. 

This is for you sweetheart. I hear your quite the connoisseur. I hope you enjoy it. 

He smiles and walks over behind the big desk to give the new God Father a big hug. 

You my friend. Congratulations on the new title. 

He kisses the God Fathers ring. And then gives Whirl a big hug. 

None deserves the title more. You have done quite a bit for New York. And its been a fantastic journey to ride along side you. 

Thomas hands him the bag with a few bottles of wine in it. 

Some of the finest from France, good sir. I know you have a taste for it. I hope enjoy it in your ripe old age. 

Thomas laughs. Pulls a couple of cups from Whirl Fathers cupboard and pours some wine for everyone in the room. He raises his cup for a toast. 

Salud God Father Whirl. Many salutations. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Alexei noticed something rather odd with ThomasCrown...

"Ey comrade. You know I am the RHM to Godfather Whirl correct? Garcia is our LHW."

Report Post Tip

Hic! 

Eeey. Sorry Comrade. See what had happened was. 

Hic!

I blame the Whirl Father. We had drink tooo many. 

Hic!

Ya knooooow. 

As Thomas passes out in the Garden that Alexei was working on. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Whirl-y Bird Catches The Worm
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL