Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 04:58:49
Page:  1 
Temporary Insanity Started by: Silk on Jun 06, '11 23:54

The money stacked on the table in the HQ was mesmerizing. A young woman standing a few feet away stared hard at it. She couldn't take her eyes off the stacks of bills. The outside world vanished. It was as if nothing else existed, only her and the money. Instead of hearing the other Mafioso in the room the woman's head filled with a thousand random thoughts about the money.

How much is it? How many people touched it before it was stolen? It looks filthy. Where will it go from here? How many pairs of shoes will it buy? Why are some bills wrinkled but others are perfectly flat? The wrinkled bills make some stacks taller than others. That is unacceptable. Are the wrinkled bills older? Did people wrinkle them on purpose? Why were they so careless? Don't they know how important money is? If they knew they obviously didn't gave a damn. Money is power. Money makes the world go around. Marry a man with a lot of money, her mother taught her. Money can't buy love, men often said, but it can buy a pretty girl for a few hours of -

"SILK!" The shout of her name startled the woman out of her daze. She was embarrassed. She hated when her mind wandered. It always happened when it was time to take her medicine. Oh dear, she thought, I hope I remembered to put the bottle of pills in my purse.

"What?" The woman innocently asked the man next to her. She realized she didn't hear a word he said about the heist the money came from. She felt terrible about not listening to him. "I'm sorry. What did you say?"

"Never mind, Doll." He shook his head and used his cigar to point at the money. "Help me count the loot." He pulled a chair out for her as she put her purse on the table.

Did you wack someone during the heist? The woman didn't know if she asked the question or only thought it. I need my medicine. No, you don't. She suddenly couldn't concentrate. Oh no, not again. A sudden panic filled her then her vision blurred. She couldn't stop it. She was powerless and it scared her. Do you want your mommy? No! Good because we hate her. She put you away in that fancy upstate hospital because she thought you were crazy. The voices in her head were back. She couldn't ignore them. Did you miss us, Silky? No, leave me alone! We're only here to help. I don't want your help.

The woman was seated on the chair the man pulled out for her. He was seated on the other side of the table. She couldn't remember sitting down. Why is the table full of money? What day is it? Why can't I find anywhere to buy the perfect little black dress? How did I get the nickname Silk? She was so confused. The voices started again. Your gun is empty. No it's not. Your parents hate you. No they don't. Throw away your pills. No I need them. No you don't. Yes I do. NO! YES! Shut up!

"I need a glass of water." Did I say that out loud? Where are my damn pills? The woman's hand trembled as she reached for her purse and opened it. Why do I have so much stuff? Where did I get this gun? I need a bigger purse. Where did I get this picture of two old ladies? She read the names on the back of the photo. Who in the hell are Angelic and Ruthless? They look as crazy as I feel. Am I crazy? No you're not. I don't want to listen to you anymore. Too bad we are here to stay, Sugar. You can't live without us. The pills won't make us go away forever. The voices taunted her and refused to stop.

"Here ya go, Doll." The man put a glass of water on the table then returned to his chair. The woman pulled a bottle of medicine out of her purse and quickly opened it. No, don't make us go away. We'll be good. She swallowed one pill then another. You know we love you. You never let us have any fun. You're so mean. The voices sounded sad and pitiful. The woman took two more pills and the voices slowly faded.

You'll miss us. No I won't. Shut up!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Temporary Insanity
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL