Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 03:24:25
Page:  1 
Exotic Travel Inc. - Orient & the Pacific Started by: Papua on Feb 16, '21 12:30

Situated directly at Randolph street the venue from the outside looks like an explosion of colors.

In the brightly polished and squeaky clean vitrines a passerby can gawk at many beautiful landscape drawings, ocean liner adverts and even some more obscure advertisement for flights

The plethora of choices to luxury holidays that exhumes the venue makes the rich want to enter, while the middle class and the poor just gazes in amazement and wonder for the exotic places they will never get to see

Above the door a plaque in gilded gold reads: 

Exotic Travel Inc.  - Oriental and Pacific journeys

If one would enter the store they would be hit with some low key mystical music playing from the record player and smell very strange and exotic spices, flowers and fruits. The store had many things on display trying to lure men and women alike who had heavy purses.

The promise of the store with it's travel agency section, where the very knowledgeable owners of the store Mr Papua and Mr Takkar would listen to the customer's desires and plan and customize a perfect itinerary for them.

On the other side of the venue, one could find a large selection of exotic products and wares, spices with strange and foreign names, fruits and vegetables that looked alien. Anyone entering would already consider themselves in some exotic destination just by the colors, the smells and the atmopshere. But also art pieces, strange statues of unfamiliar deities, ships and warriors. The store played on the senses of mostly factory owners, high level politicians but also the operators of rum running business or even more sketchy entrepreneurs were the usual patrons of this establishment.

Papua sat down in his office, he called in Takkar to let him know the workers had finally finished the façade and they were open for business. With his own experience Papua had taken charge of many tasks and building up business networks in the Pacific and the dark continent of south America dominated by the large and unknown sprawl of the Amazonian forest. He knew Takkar had many contacts in Asia, in the Indian subcontinent, but also in China and further West along the old silk road. He knew his partner had still updates to share and they needed to talk about marketing, how to get more people to find their store and get a good start of their business venture.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $160,000 Tip

Takkar was awestruck by what he witnessed when he arrived at Exotic Travel Inc. During the telephone conversation, Papua had asked for a meeting and Takkar had surmised that he needed help setting up the business. Boy was he wrong. Takkar knew that Papua was a smart entrepreneur but he had outdone himself this time. He took a moment to admire the displays near the front window before stepping inside the establishment. 

"Good afternoon mister Papua," Takkar greeted his new business partner. "What you have done with this place is simply magnificent," he flashed a smile. "When you rang me up this morning and asked to meet, I figured you were in need of assistance in setting up the place. I had no idea that you had progressed this far in our venture. You have got to give me the number of your interior designer," he laughed.

Takkar pulled up a chair and parked himself at the desk. "Now that the front office is set up, shall we move on to the next phase of the operation? We need to get the word out, discreetly of course to the wealthy and the powerful that we can get them whatever they desire. For the right price." Takkar shifted his gaze to the painting on the wall which depicted a beachside resort with white sandy beaches. It sparked in him the desire to visit someplace similar to that.

"I have conversed with my contacts in South Asia and you will be pleased with what I have learned. They have unearthed hundreds of rare relics from an ancient Qing battlefield and they need our help in getting it out of the country. The Chinese government will confiscate these valuable treasures if they ever find out that my contacts are in possession of said item," Takkar looked straight ahead at Papua and asked in a serious tone. "Do you have any boats on standby in that region that could transport these items across the Pacific?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Papua smiled as he heard the little chime hanging at the front door tinkle it's delicate but high pitch sound. He knew since the venue was not yet formally opened it could only be 1 person. As he walked out from the backoffice into the shop he saw his friend Takkar with massive saucer eyes look around the place. He grinned secretly when Takkar praised the decor, the set up and the effort put into it so far... If he only knew the costs he'd have to share with Papua, he surely would have been more restrained... but that could wait.

After a little chitchat about the items, Takkar became serious and right to business as soon as Papua closed his office door behind him after letting Takkar enter his small but adequate office (why take a big office if he wasn't gonna be there much anyways, he'd hire some young smart guy to run his day to day operations of the store and potential underlying supply chain business who had few needs)

I do like your proposal, those relics do sound like a great addition to our current stock of ornaments. I remember when i was at the metropolitan museum in London a few years back that they are often in excellent condition. We should fetch great prices for that.

How big do you think those relics are, I mean I got 2 ships that could ship out in the next 2 to 3 days but their load is either bulk or bundle goods, so you'll need to give me a little more information on how you plan to package them and what 'cover goods' you plan to put on the shipping manifest.

I'll check on getting an influential person to be our very 1st customer - probably we will need to offer that free of charge, since the travel plan will be dictated by the meeting points with your guys- but I have the perfect person in mind. He's been deprived of any real natural experience and just been sitting and rambling, gambling and what not in the desert. I really believe he would jump at the occassion to make a luxurious trip through the atlantic and visit China and learn about all the culture there. Let me send him a note when we finish this meeting.

So... as for the financials so far....

Papua opens his bottom desk drawer and grabs a thick ledger of accounts and lays it on the desk facing Takkar

Report Post Tip

"How big are they?," Takkar repeated the question and scratched his beard. "Hmm, I'm not entirely sure but I would assume that we would need at least one ship to transport it. I will confirm with my contacts and let you know the exact number and size." Deep in thought ,he began tapping the edge of the desk. 

"Tea !" he suddenly exclaimed alarming Papua"Sorry. I had an idea. Why don't we import tea from China and hide these goods among the powder. With your connections I'm sure we can get away with it, isn't that right mister Papua?" Takkar smiled, pleased with himself for his brilliant idea.

He stood up and wandered over to the painting of the seaside. "Where is this place? It's very fascinating and I can't seem to get this image out of my mind. Is this a real location," he asked as he stared at the beautiful landscape. "If it is, I sure would love to visit this place. The sea and the waves always captivate me." He was brought back to reality when Papua slammed the ledger on his desk and Takkar walked back to examine the book.

"What on earth man," Takkar blurted out in shock, pointing at one of the values in expenses column. "This can't be right. Is that what it cost to erect this place," he sighed and narrowed his eyes as he looked at Papua. "I guess its a price we must pay. We will need to reel in a few wealthy customers won't we. I'll see what I can do" Takkar stated and got back on his feet, ready to leave. "To a new partnership," he smiled and extended his hand forward.

Report Post Tip

Papua laughed as he saw the pure shocked horror on Takkar's face when he glanced at the ledger. Particularly the 1 entry he seemed to faint about was one Papua knew would be grabbing his attention, for it was his personal fee for managing the setup of the establishment. What he wouldn't tell Takkar that this fee was only a joke and all the extra funding they would be able to raise would be use for business investment to items they had yet not foreseen this early on in the venture. He chuckled

Tea you say, well that might work, for I know many of the Chinatowns on the west coast struggle recently to get enough supplies due to the bad storms and the troubles with Japan since the great war. We could sail some ships south first to Mexican empire to load up coffee and cocoa beans, for those are very much desired by the more wealthier middle class in the hong kong area. We could use the big parcels again to store the Tea, all the smells will put off the hounds from smelling some of the powdery substances we could stash around the statues in order to avoid any damages if you know what i mean Papua winked at Takkar with ferver

The landscape you see is a painting i brought myself when i came back from papua the last time i was there about 3 years back. It's Harlen beach, it's on the northern shore very remote area but it's peaceful, undisturbed and due to the sheltered location excellent for recreational purposes. I'll let you enjoy it while i write to my friend @Issei regarding our offer to send him on an all-expenses paid trip to China and Hong Kong on a luxury cruise passing the Hawaiian islands for a quick stopover as well

Report Post Tip

Weeks had passed since Lance was properly on his bike.  The powers that be had asked him to desist from cycling for a short period of time due to some anomaly with a test result.  Lance had no idea what hematocrit values were and he definitely had no idea what influenced them but one thing he did know is that when he had been on the custard, there had been no such issues.  Now, Tammy his usual custard dealer provider was busy doing her own thing, the custard would be harder to find, so he’d need to find something else.

He pedaled around Detroit to keep his quads and calves looking fine.  Despite the winter conditions, the tan lines on his legs from the previous summer were still as sharp as a knife.  In his spare time he had been reading articles about alternative “medicine” and was intrigued about some of the stuff coming out of China.  Lance had marveled at how forward thinking and open the Chinese people were so had made a mental note to take a trip there to see if he could get anything for his performance enhancement needs to cure his exercise induced asthma.

Serendipitously Lance found himself cycling past Exotic Travel Inc.

“How fortunate he thought.”

He parked the bike up and walked inside.

“Hello?”

Report Post Tip

"Papua...."

Issei walked in, his eyes raking over the place with a critical eye, he was wondering what would be found here. Yet right now he knew that he was called, especially considering that he had heard some news that a Takkar was going to be...

He had never met the man personally, seems like their paths had never meant to cross until this very moment. With a small smirk, he continued walking before he pulled out a pack of smokes and wondering where he was going to find the man, he shrugged. 

He stood there for a moment, he was seriously debating if his life had come to this, and with an easy thought, it came to an answer of yes. Smiling, he had to shake his head before turning his head in a worrying fashion....

"There better be drinks around here, fucks sake Papua, what the heck have you got me into?"

Issei stopped there, his eyes on the display as he watched it for a moment, deciding that he could spare more than a few moments as he lit the smoke and inhaled, savouring the taste that came to him as he exhaled soon after, coming to relax with mind-shifting ease. 

Report Post Tip

As Papua started to write his note and Takkar was on his way out of the door he heard the little chime to indicate someone had entered the store.. Darn it he thought i forgot to lock it. As he sealed the envelope since he had finished quickly he decided to go check it out to see if Takkar had left already or making the new client welcome.

He stood up from the desk, pushed the chair back and with big, striding steps he swung open the office door and walked the corridor to enter the store. He looked around and saw Takkar had not yet left and was doing some idle talk with the client, who he just recognized by the shiny hairless -- what was up with that anyways??? -- legs. He walked towards them and started to say:

Hullo there Lance, like always you are the first and way too fast at arriving again!! Didn't you stop taking those 'vitamin supplements' a few weeks ago coz you kept peddling in bed making your wife go nuts???

As he saw Lance smirk and Takkar look confused he left them behind and make sure an errand boy ran off with the letter quickly because he knew _Issei_ was in town today. Better catch him while he is still within the area.

Well Lance as you can see we are not formally open, but seeing that we wouldn't be able to keep you out of the door anyways let's make a tour through the shop, see if anything there sparks your interest. If not maybe later Takkar can take you out back to the office to discuss some itinerary that could satisfy your phyiscal needs and capabilities. Maybe some special biking tour through the jungles of vietnam perhaps, or rather the eastern Himalaya's? 

He looked at Takkar inquisitively if he could show Lance around... because at the same moment he finished his sentence the chime sounded again and it was his awaited friend Issei popping in.

Hi there _Issei_, glad you came, say what now... you are coming here, freely invited and start to demand drinks?? What do you think this is here, a lounge, a bar or some strip club. No no sir this is a quality establishment for the finer things in life. Let me show you around the very interesting artifacts we have over here. Seriously if you want to impress your house guests these Tiki statues are just the thing, it wards off some real bad things too. Let me show you around, find some bottle in the office later when Takkar is done talking to that gentlemen over there.

Report Post Tip

As Papua waited for some response from _Issei_ he scanned the shop, he still couldn't see Takkar who was still with Lance in the back showing some of the more exclusive stock of options they had to offer. He wondered if Takkar was getting drunk again, sometimes his associate could find too much satisfaction in an old-fashioned and talk too long to people keeping them kind of hostage.

He smiled at Issei to try and get him out of his trance and talked about his trip from the Papuan island to the west coast. He realized that he missed being out there and decided he'd need to find a business reason to get there. It was time to write to some of his known associates to see if any was interested in an extravagant trip down there. As he tried to think of the perfect person he was making a list in his mind, Magnolia, Tammy, King_Solomon, Vim_Fuego, Dino, Harison. Just too many folks he could think off, time would tell which one would jump to the occassion or not

Report Post Tip

knock... knock..

Slowly the door opened and Tammy stuck her head in.

Hello..? I am looking for either of the owners.. I heard those are Papua and New Gui Takkar..

She looked around and wondered whether the cradle of custard actually was in the Oriental or Pacific.. Tammy had no clue, but as soon as she'd meet either of the owners, she would ask them if they organised trips to the Beloved Country.. The place where they invented custard.

Report Post Tip

Papua heard the now famous chime again indicating a new customer had entered the shop. He left Issei standing in his meditative trance and turned to see his new customer. As he started to turn his head a very sweet, distinctive smell made it's way up his nose and he immediately knew who it was, it would be no other than the baking queen herself ms Tammy!!

He put on his biggest smile and went over to hug her

Ahh Tammy, it is so great you are here. You look absolutely ravishing, you only have 3 large pools of custard on your apron this time, you must have been cooking with care this time. Let me show you around, we got all this super elaborately decorated kitchen utensils that are made out of rainforest wood, whale bones and even made from woven palm leaves. Would you be interested in a cup of coffee and discuss maybe a trip to get some inspiration for some more exotic recipes as well?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Papua greeted Tammy with a big hug and she immediately felt comfortable, especially after he complimented her on the neatness of her outfit.

Of course I am interested in a coffee! Shall I go fix some?

As Tammy walked to the back she raised her voice to make herself hearable for Papua

I ASSUME YOU TAKE IT WITHOUT ANYTHING WEIRD IN IT? OR WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRY SOME ADDED CINNAMON?
DO YOU HAVE CINNAMON?
NO! I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE THAT COMES FROM.. EXOTIC, YOU SAY?

She returned with 2 cups of coffee and placed one before Papua

So.. Exotic custard recipes sound great.. But a travel to where it originated sounds astonishing..

Report Post Tip

Papua smiled as Tammy made herself, albeit rather presumptuously, at home in his back office kitchen but he knew better than to think ill of it. This lady was to the kitchen what a pigeon was to it's home and he'd have to lock it down in order to avoid her from entering it. After a short, silent chuckle he went after her and accept the cinnamon spiced coffee (????) she gave him.

Well Tammy, there are many exotic recipes I could show you, some that I only have read in ancient scrolls, some from modern day life explorer's journals or maybe you'd be interested in some I learned from my family in my youth.

As you know i'm from the big island of Papua and we have many customs that are strange or exotic in these parts. The landscape you see there on that big painting that Takkar is always so mesmerized by is from 1 of the beaches close to where i grew up in the northern jungle.

We used to keep goats, and from their milk we made custards. We use some special jungle cane sugar to sweeten it, it really was special and not like the usual ones you can find here that are made of cow milk and processed sugar. The country is very wild however so i'm not sure if you'd survive it for there are no indoor kitchen and most it is made in underground ovens!!

Report Post Tip

Lance discussed options with Takkar, although Takkar wasn't saying too much.  He noticed Tammy coming in too and offering coffees so tried to stay out of view.  Invariably, when coffee and Lance were in the same physical space as Tammy, Lance was about to get dragged into work again.

"How long can I have a trip for?  Between the eye bleeding harrassment of Borat's mankini and Tammy's incessant insistence on me providing her with steroids like I am some steroid dealer, I think I need a break!  I don't believe there are worker's rights for bicycle based delivery couriers."

Report Post Tip

Papua smiled at Lance, he chuckled when he saw him waving his hand in front of Takkar who again seemed mesmerized by the painting of the beach he loved so much. He decided to go check what Lance was up for.

Hmm a trip you say, you like bicycles as well right? Hmm let me think, you want obviously a place where Borat and Tammy are unable to find you or are unwilling to travel themselves?

Well the French own this territory in the south eastern part of Asia that seems to be completely crazy about bikes. Regular ones, motor bikes you name it, it's called Vietnam and they got amazing culture, food and wildlife there. Lots of sunny beaches to tan those milk bottles of legs you got down there. How does that sound?

Report Post Tip

"Oh sorry, did I space out," Takkar apologized as Papua waved his hands about. Putting thoughts of beaches and sand out of his mind, he focused on the conversation between the potential client Lance and Papua. He interjected when Lance mentioned Tammy. "That is rubbish. You can't travel abroad without Tammy. I know about you mister Lance. Without Tammy to look after you, you would overdose on steroids." Takkar's eyes travelled down to his shapely calves and he was instantly jealous. For a fleeting moment he considered asking the man for some of his illicit performance enhancing drugs. Luckily the entrance of Tammy expelled those thoughts from his mind.

"Tammy," Takkar called out to her , waving her over towards them. "Come join us will you. We were discussing about a trip that Lance was about to take."

"Wait what's that Tammy? You need a vacation too you say. Well isn't that perfect," Takkar smirked. "Now the two of you can plan one together. Where do we send them Mr. Papua? You suggested Vietnam didn't you or how about sending them to Thailand. I heard they have spicy custard in those parts."

Report Post Tip

Papua chuckled as Takkar finally snapped back into reality, his business associate definitely was the dreamer compared to his down to earth manner of ways. That was a way how they would do great together, the visionary+the executioner.

Ahh yes Tammy, we have been talking about your trip to Papua for that secret grade of high quality vanilla. Perhaps we can book you a double destination journey, that way Lance has a little time off but you'll be with him before he puts his nose too deep into the cookie jar... Papua winks Lance.

Let me see those voyage durations, so we can plan this a little better, please take a seat and let us know if you have any special ideas or dietary restrictions...

Report Post Tip

Thomas Crown had been working hard for a few days. Business had picked up and kept him busy a bit. So it was time for him to go on vacation. He had heard about this place, that specialized in exotic travels. Thomas figured, why not try it out. He was feeling like a cruise. He loved the sound of the waves, out in the open ocean. Away from everything and everyone. There was quite some peace in that kind of serenity. Thomas without wasting any time. Went to this place that was owned by Papua. He pulled up to the office and went inside. As he walked in, he could smell all the exotic aromas from the spices and the various foods inside the office. Thomas asked the lady working at the desk to point him in the direction of Papua. 

Hey, good sir. My name his Thomas. 

Thomas removed his hat and extended his hand for a handshake. 

I have been working quite a bit lately. And I think its time for a vacation. 

Thomas cracked his neck and loosened his shoulders as he continued to speak. Almost picturing this in his head. 

I was thinking about a cruise. I love the open sea and the water. The waves and the serenity that comes with. What do you have to offer that could address that? 

Thomas took a seat as Papua started to give him some recommendations. 

Take your time. I am in no rush. But I would really like to get this setup. May as well just set a date and get on with it, you know?

Report Post Tip

Peter entered the Exotic Travel Inc.  he'd not long got back from a trip away on business and already his wife was breaking his balls about a trip away as a family.  Taking off his hat and coat and placing them neatly on the stand he noted the music playing in the background.  He approached Papua eager to transact some business.

"Hello, my partner has been asking me about trips to Fuerteventura.  Is there anything you can do in regards to flights and accommodation?  I only want the best, 5*, no less.  And a driver to take us from the airport to the hotel."

Peter quickly put a piece of paper away in his pocket, clearly the demands were not necessarily his own.

"As if I don't do enough flying I've got to take another trip - though this time for pleasure.  Maybe a little business if I can get away.  I'm hoping you can help me out" A rather flustered Peter said.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Exotic Travel Inc. - Orient & the Pacific
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL