Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 14:07:39
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Are the Leafs finally going to win it? Started by: Drunky on Mar 03, '21 01:08
I love hockey. I love the Leafs. I’m impressed with the season they are having - but I am still wildly skeptical. They play in a weak division. Historically, they can’t win a playoff series. The media puts unrealistic expectations on the players. Even the fans can be nutty <.<

They’re just the Leafs.

But, something feels a little different this year. They seem a little more resilient. They seem a little more in control of their fate. Is this it?

At the least I’m predicting a big step forward for this team this season.

Thoughts?
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

No 

Report Post Tip

But, something feels a little different this year. They seem a little more resilient. They seem a little more in control of their fate. Is this it?

3 things here. 

1. you all ask this question every year and every year the leafs either get eliminated in the 1st round (esp when they play my bruins) or they choke and don’t make the playoffs at all.

2. The leafs roster is stacked this year. If they choke with this roster, they need to fire everyone from the team president on down.

3. as long as you guys don’t lose a game to a 42 year old zamboni driver again that works for your team ( possibly the most embarrassing loss in NHL history but never the less I got a great laugh out of that) that works for your own team! 1 year later, Steve Dangle is still cussing.

Report Post Tip

You think the Leafs are going to win? Are you serious? Are you joking? You're joking right? They're the third-world country of hockey teams. They'll never be on top.

Report Post Tip

You think the Leafs are going to win? Are you serious? Are you joking? You're joking right? They're the third-world country of hockey teams. They'll never be on top.

Honesty my sexy ass maple man! 

The leafs are 2nd world country of the NHL. The Ottawa Senators are 3rd world

The Sabres are quite literally the laughing stock of the NHL. 

Report Post Tip

With all of my knowledge and experience in the field of hockey I'm going to have to say that a Leaf could never win anything, they're pretty useless and controlled by the whims of the wind. My favorite to win it all would be the Golden Knights, because Gold is pretty shiny and Knights are decently strong. I don't think there's much that you can do about that.

Report Post Tip

I like the Leafs. They are so pretty in blue.

I just hope for once they win against any teams my Aunt cheers for. That is the only win I want for them.

Report Post Tip

I don't know who these leafs are but they sound like a good team.

So I hope they win  then and the rest of you enjoy the sport.

Report Post Tip

I believe I will see the habs not choke in the playoffs before I see leafs win anything, I expect jets to take the division, but not sure if will do much more.

Report Post Tip
I despise the Leafs. I despise Austin Matthews and his towtruck drivin, puppy touchin’ Little pervo stache.
Fuck the Leafs!
Also kindly fuck the Habs while you’re at it 😁
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I have not been following hockey since moving to the UK...not that I followed it really when I was in Canada either. But I did follow it enough to know of all the times the Leafs let my friends down, so I'm going to guess no I don't think they will make it. But the Raptors managed to win it in 2019 so maybe it's finally the time for the Toronto sport franchises!!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The Leafs will not win.  Their fans are nuts, and it paralyzes their players from being the best that they can be.  They will find a way to lose.

Report Post Tip

The Leafs? maybe. But watch out for the east. The top 2-3 teams there have lesser records because they've playing each other and it's tough as nails up there.

I doubt the west or center has a major threat, but any given day, as the old saw goes.

Report Post Tip

Don't worry FOM, your fuck you to the habs is spiriting them on tonight against the Oilers.    Let's hope your continued hatred can help them for the rest of the season.

Report Post Tip
Who cares it’s the leafs and it’s hockey, both haven’t been enjoyable since the 90’s.
Report Post Tip
I bet they are gonna win!! Surely they have spiced up that maple syrup sports drinks!!!
Report Post Tip

Let's be honest here, the Sabres are a shoe-in with their 18 game streak.

Leafs are looking super strong though and I think they actually might be performing better than TB this year.  Provided they can beat the Bruins, anyway.

Report Post Tip

I'd say yes, they have an opportunity. This is the year for them where if they don't make a serious run, people are getting fired. 100%. I'm curious to see how Florida does this year too, friend of mine is with them this year, so it would be nice to see him make a real push.

Report Post Tip
Pittsburgh penguins baby. Didnt starts the year strong but playing hard now and winning mad games
Report Post Tip

Come on man, has hell frozen over yet? No alright then they aren't getting anywhere close. Lol jk

I'm hoping the Colorado Av's do something this year, since quarantine I'm actually watching a little bit of hockey this year.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Are the Leafs finally going to win it?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL