Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 20:23:34
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Crewleaders and the Loyalty Bonus Started by: RunaKatte on Mar 04, '21 15:37

Disclaimer: perhaps this feature already exists, and game admins just don't want to publicize this to preserve more of the secrecy of the game. In that case, obviously this can be disregarded.

My suggestion is to amplify and/or expand the loyalty bonuses for crewleaders based on the anonymous settings by the members of their crew.

I'm not sure how substantial the defense boost is; I'm not personally aware of anyone getting the "take the bullet" option, but I'd love to see this boosted to become a more regular occurrence.

Mostly, I'd like to incentivize excellent CLs who build relationships with their crew. I'd argue that most players here can point to the leader who really made a difference for them. Crewleaders who are earning that "take a bullet" setting or the half setting where it's split between the CL and the player should be rewarded for building those bonds- and CLs who don't earn that loyalty should have a material disadvantage.

Perhaps CLs with very high loyalty scores are exempt from some taxes? Or they have a higher frequency of BG training perk activating? (Or maybe they just get a rare perk every month?) Mostly, I'd love to see the incidence of the "take a bullet" increase? I'm not sure of the details of how it works, but I would love to see a special dialogue in #main for this in the case of "CL would have been killed, but Random Member took the bullet for them." (I think this mechanic would have to be based on a successful wack attempt so as not to activate during pro shots.)

In short, I have no idea how much these scores are currently impacting the game, since some things are rightfully behind a curtain, but my suggestion is to amplify that impact to reward good leaders who have earned the loyalty of their crew. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

A very nice idea in principle, but it opens itself up to not only benefiting CLs who genuinely are loved by their leaders; but also to those who are made to pick it.   I'd always look at the worst case scenario and that would be a CL not giving a button unless that was set, at a minimum, with nothing further given until "take a bullet" was chosen.  

I think if you also increased the chance that people would die instead of their leader that you'd actually decrease the amount of people opting for it.  

I just can't see a good use-case for this that wouldn't involve Admin intervention at times, although I do (as stated) totally agree withe the premise of the idea.

Report Post Tip

PeterMcNeil - my understanding was that CLs had no way of knowing what their members pick and that it's completely anonymous. 

If the crew members can anonymously set their loyalty and the leader can receive bonuses (even if they're somewhat hidden), then that's what I'd be going for here. If "bad" leaders could manipulate the situation to force it, then I'd agree the suggestion should be discarded- a good point by you. I believe, however, the anonymity wouldn't allow that as long as the code isn't too obvious/known to the players. 

Report Post Tip

RunaKatte I completely agree, for the majority it would be a fantastic update.  My point was that unfortunately, as has been proven so many times here, the minority ruin it for everyone else.  We have rules against asking about previous characters - not because it benefits the game, but because some used it as a tool.   

I believe even only a short while ago (in terms of the lifespan of MR) unsponsored gangsters were gunned down in droves.  Not technically against the rules, but a "loophole" exploited and required yet more Admin intervention.  

If you can come up with a solid solution (AFAIA 'Loyalty' is already anonymous) to avoid any malicious CLs exploiting new and vulnerable members that would help.  Oh and just for clarity I am by no way saying any of the current leadership would be in such a position, but once a change was in place future unscrupulous ones might. 

I'd assume that Izzy and the team would have to look at the same worst case scenarios prior to implementing any change as, again, a minority exploit things for their own benefit.  MR as is by far not the only game to suffer this, I'm sure if Eve Online players are here they will be aware of the *actual* slave trade trade that went on for a while for new starters.  

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Crewleaders and the Loyalty Bonus
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL