Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 12:25:01
Page:  1 
MoTown Automotives & Body Shop Started by: ThomasCrown on Mar 05, '21 17:11

Thomas Crown had trucks running thru Detroit as his shipments from West Coast made their way to the East coast. Trucks, hauling some heavy artillery, had a habit of breaking down. Or having other issues. It got to the point where, it was becoming a hinderance to keep finding able and honest mechanics to keep his fleet of trucks up and running. Thomas was in Detroit on one of his business trips. He knew, an alternative was to either fly his shipments or use a ship. However, the problem was weight with flying. And time with using boats. So he knew he needed to find a way to address his trucking problem. Tired and fed up, he figured it was time to go into the automotive business. I mean, it made all the sense in the world. He was sitting in Mo-Town, this city was built on the automotive industry. He knew he would find more than enough skilled labor to run a shop and he had the contacts into the automotive business thru some of his friends in Detroit. So he picked up the phone and called the Chairman of Detroit Takkar and asked him for advice on how to proceed forward. As Takkar gave him some tips on who to call and which manufacturers would be the ones to make deals with. Thomas, ever the student and meticulous in his approach. Wrote everything down. His next phone call was to Gunther. He knew, if he wanted to keep the cops off his ass. The man for the job was the God Father of 12th Street. Once, Thomas has worked out a deal to keep the cops of him. Now he needed to find a location for this new business. So without wasting much time. He hopped in his car and started driving around Detroit to find a place, that was discreet enough for him to run his trucking depot out of. But at the same time provided a front to sell & repair automotive's. 

Man, who would have thought finding a empty lot with a warehouse would be so hard? 

As he looked at his bodyguard sitting next to him. As Thomas pondered the question. He seemed to have wondered upon the perfect location. This neighborhood was quiet, yet active. The closest precinct was miles away. The place was surrounded by buildings and businesses. And it lacked a place for a auto shop. So Thomas got out his car, inspected the property and called the owner of the property. The owner wasn't exactly excited to sell the property to Thomas, however Crown had this knack for making deals people just couldn't refuse. Once the dealing was done. And Thomas had given the owner fair compensations out of the goodness of his heart. They signed some papers. Thomas gave the old owner a cigar and offered him a ride him in his own personal car. Once that was settled. He called some contractors over to design the shop to his liking. 

He had the place ripped up open. Thomas wanted a depot int the back. A work shop to the side and a display showroom in the front. He wanted it to be functional. Once the contractors got the idea. Thomas gave them their money and let them get to work. Thomas needed the place functional ASAP. While the contractors did their job. Thomas had his associate LilPeep run around and find the best salesmen, managers and mechanics in town. He wanted everything lined up to hit the ground running. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

A few days had gone by and Thomas Crown had the whole work force ready to move in. He pulled up to the location and it was looking like just how he had pictured it. He hopped out the car all smiles. 

Now thats what I'm Talking about!

He said with his tone full of excitement and joy. He pulled out his flask of whiskey and took a swig as he walked onto the property. 

Man, where is the contractor. He did a phenomenal job. Also, call the work force. We are open for business. Time for that tour. 

Thomas waited for the contractor to show up as he started to walking into the front of the property. The front of the property had these board staircases that walked up tot he showroom of the cars. There was 15 foot glass panels that lined the front of the building, so anyone could see the cars parked inside on display. The newest and the swankiest cars being manufactured in Detroit were on display here. From trucks to cars, you could find it all. In all the colors and body styles. Behind the cars were the offices for the salesmen to get the paper work done. Once Thomas was done walking thru the front he asked. 

So where is the workshop? Were going to need a place to do maintenance. 

The contractor took Thomas thru this giant door on the right into the side of the building where there were 10 docks lined up for cars and trucks in the workshop. This place was big enough to take on a full load of work. It fit exactly what Thomas wanted. He could use half the docks for commercial purposes, and use the other half to keep his fleet of trucks running seamlessly. 

Alright! Beautiful. Now where is my truck depot? 

Thomas smiled as he waited with excitement. The contractor opened the back door, which could be accessed from the main showroom and the shop. And walked Thomas into the warehouse. The Warehouse opened to 5 docks to where the trucks could back into, to load up the shipments. As Thomas looked around his big warehouse in the back, he was all smiles. He kicked a can that was sitting on the floor, probably left over by a construction worker after lunch in the Truck Depot. 

This is absolutely marvelous. This should keep my fleet of trucks running without any problems. 

Thomas grabbed a duffle bag, his bodyguard was carrying. He handed it over to the contractor. 

That should, settle all our accounts and more. You certainly have out done yourself. 

Thomas then whispered something into his associates ear. "Get that staff in here ASAP, we are open for business".

Report Post Tip

Harper made her way over to ThomasCrown’s  Motown Automotive & Body Shop.  First she wanted to talk to him about the dent Big Moe the excellent driver as he claims put in her Ford Model A Deluxe Roadster.  Secondly she had heard from Mickey Cochrane, the Manager of the Detroit Tigers. He had reserved tickets for the final game of the World Series between the Detroit Tigers and the Chicago Clubs.  It was game six and the Tigers had a chance to clench it.  He told her if they didn’t win game six and it went to game seven he would have tickets for her for that game also.  She wanted ThomasCrown to join her if was going to be in Detroit.

When she arrives at the body shop things seemed to be a little quite.  She saw a mechanic busy working on a truck and two others going over some paper work.  She made her way to the reception area and ask the receptionist if ThomasCrown was available and she paged him for her.

A few seconds later Thomas came out and greeted her.  They walk out to her car.  Thomas took a look at the dent and told Harper it wasn’t that bad and was sure it could be fixed and look like new.  She was very happy to hear that.   She then told him about how she was invited to attend the final game  of the World Series between the Detroit Tigers and the Chicago Clubs and would like very much if he would join her.   He was very excited about the invitation and told Harper he would love to join her.

Report Post Tip

Thomas Crown was in the back of the shop in the warehouse checking the crates. Not that he didnt trust his work force to take care of this stuff. But he had this thing about checking any new models that would be in his shipment. This day, there were a few new guns that were in his shipment. He wanted to check them out and test them in the back. No one could ever hear a gun shot in the back, with all the engines reeving and with all the noise the tools were making in the work shop. Besides customers were usually in the showroom, and with the sound system in there. Place was basically noise proof. As Thomas inspected his guns and tested them. One of his men walked up to him and let him know that Harper was waiting for him up front in the showroom. Thomas put the guns back and fixed his tie and hat, as he made his way to the front. When he finally got to where Harper was. He greeted her with a big smile and a hug. 

What brings you here today hun? 

Harper went on to compliment Thomas on his new business. And then gave him the bad news about her car and the dent. Thomas, a man never willing to waste any time. 

Lets go take a look at this dent you are referring to. I am sure my guys can handle any problem you may have. 

Thomas walked out with Harper to the car and took a look at the dent. 

Thats no big deal hun. I think we can take care of this just fine. 

Thomas called over one of mechanics and handed them the keys. 

Take care of this first thing please. We want this done ASAP. Put this at the top of the line. 

He then looked over at Harper. 

Let them work on the dent, care to join me inside for some tea or coffee as we wait? It may take a few hours. 

Thomas walked back inside with Harper and showed her to his office in the back. They both got settled in as Thomas arranged for some tea and snacks. 

Anything else that you may want? Harper responded "Well, yes. Actually. See I have these tickets to game 7 of the Tigers. And I don't have anyone else to go with. Care to join me?" Thomas got all excited and smiled. 

I would love to. When is the game? I will make sure I bring my baseball jersey to the game. It should be a lot of fun, always wanted to go to a game 7.

He leaned back into his chair as they continued their conversations, as the mechanic was working on her car. 

Report Post Tip

Thomas Crown was just sharing some stories with Harper in his office. As he got a phone call from the warehouse. Something was going on with one of the trucks that were in transit. The truck had a bit of shipment as well. Thats what concerned Thomas a little. Not to be rude to Harper. Thomas stopped for a second. 

Hey hun. Sorry about this. But I need a few minutes. As the mechanic finishes work on the car. Make your self at home in the office. Just give me 15 minutes. Something has come up, that requires my attention. I will be right back. 

Thomas grabbed his hat and walked out the office for a little, walking right back to the warehouse. As he got there, he called everyone to huddle in of sorts. 

Alright guys, I know we got some trucks to unload and load up for the deliveries. However, one of the trucks just broke down on its way here. So lets get some guys together and go grab the shipment from that truck. The delivery is time sensitives. 

Thomas pulled out a little diary from his pocket and started looking thru the delivery schedule. 

Yea, we have to get this done today. And right away. 

Thomas asked one of his drivers, to ready a truck. To grab a mechanic and a few armed men, just incase something went wrong. 

Go straight to this location. Don't stop anywhere. Get there, unload that truck and put the shipment on this truck. The mechanic can stay behind and finish working on the other truck. But I dont want the shipment stuck in delivery. Get this done as discreetly as possible, as quickly as possible. 

Thomas gave the buys a few bucks for the road. And then made his way back to his office, to continue his conversations with Harper. 

Report Post Tip

Thomas Crown was wondering around the building, as he heard a few of his trucks pull in. This always got Thomas a little excited. He never knew what he would be getting in today. So needless to say, full of excitement. He ran to the back, where the docks were for the trucks. He walked into the warehouse and pulled up a seat. As the boys in the back started to pull out the cases of product that was being brought it. As per usual, every case was opened infront of Thomas. Accounted for and then resealed to be sent out to the East coast. Thomas would sit back patiently as case after case would be opened and he would do his inspection. Every so often, something extraordinary would make his day. This was one of those days. To his surprise, there was a special case of Tommy guns in this particular shipment. 

Look at these things. They look so nice. 

Thomas grabbed one and started to inspect it. These particular Tommy guns were nickel plated. They looked nice and had Thomas attention right away. 

We gotta test these bad boys. Put this case to the side. I want to keep this set. I know exactly, what I want to do with these. 

Thomas then continued to inspect the rest of the cases to see, what else would pop out. For the vast majority it was a regular delivery. Which wasn't bad. Meant, everything on the log was tallied and here. Thats good business. 

Alright, good job boys. Reseal the cases. And load them on the truck headed to the East coast. As always job well done. 

Thomas got up out his chair and fixed his tie and put on his hat. As he walked over to that case of Tommy guns. 

Put this case in my car. Close it and what not. I think Mike over at the Firearm shop, would love to get his hands on these babies. 

Thomas smiled as he walked over to his office, to grab his belongings. Before he made his way to the car as they headed to his gun shop. 

Report Post Tip

Thomas Crown had been busy with some pressing business in the East coast. The business kept him away from traveling around the country, like he usually would. However, as always. He needed to make his rounds. So he did. He hoped on a plane from New York to Detroit on a private charter from Harper and made his way to penthouse, he had acquired recently. He was spending so much time in Detroit, he figured it was time for him to setup a small base of sorts. Once he was settled in, changed, showered and such from his flight. He put on a fresh shirt, suit, tie. Put his cigar case in his coat pocket. His whiskey flask in the other jacket pocket and made his way down to one of his business outlets in Detroit. The car pulled up front in front of the showroom. He fixed his tie and walked out of the car, the door held by one of his guards. He made his way, up the broad staircase and into the showroom. 

Hey, sweetheart how are you? 

Thomas smiled as he said hello to one of the ladies working in his showroom. He gave her a hug. "Been a while sir, you forgot about us". Thomas  laughed. 

Never. Miss me? 

Thomas then shook some more hands as he made his way further into the showroom meeting with the salesmen and the managers. Before he met up with his secretary. 

How are you hun? I hope you didn't miss me much. 

Ever stern, "Welcome back Mr. Crown, we got some business to tend to". Thomas not wasting much time. Made his way to his office and took his seat. 

Whats happening? Whats on the agenda today? What did I miss? 

The secretary called in the showroom manager and sat him down with the numbers. Thomas then went over the ledgers and ran thru everything with the manager. 

These numbers look good brotha. I like it. Dinner on me for the sales team tonight. Yall did good the last few weeks. 

Thomas closed the ledgers and got up from his chair and put his hat on. As he looked at the secretary. 

Isn't the shipment for the guuuu

Thomas stopped mid sentence. 

merchandise coming in today. 

Thomas smiled as he caught himself slipping. "Yes sir, the trucks just pulled into the back. They are unloading the shipment as we speak." 

Fantastic. Lets go take a look. Grab me a tea please. And maybe something to munch on. Im a little hungry. 

Thomas made his way to the back, walking thru the workshop and into the warehouse in the back. Where the trucks were unloading. 

Steady boys, steady. Hows everyone doing today? 

Thomas looked at his staff unloading the trucks. 

Lets get these boxes setup right here. And grab the crowbars. 

Thomas pointed where he wanted the crates. As he pulled up a chair. 

Alright. Y'all know the drill....

Thomas took a seat as the guys unpacked the equipment from the crates, showed it to Thomas and then sealed and repacked them for shipment to the rest of the country. 

Report Post Tip

Thomas sat there in the back of his warehouse. Lighting a cigar, smoking, taking deep puffs of it. As his men opened cases and inspected guns that were coming off these trucks. Today was a bigger order than usual. His friends on the east coast, had ordered some specific weaponry. They were probably swapping out old guns with the new. Cleaning out the armories and such. This would happen once every few years. Just Thomas was fortunate enough to be in gun running trade to be able to help facilitate it this time. 

Yea, but that lot of cases to the side. I think, I am going to to send that to New York. I know GodFather Whirl would like those. 

Thomas continued to watch as the cases came off, opened and inspected. Every once in a while. Thomas would chime in. Put his cigar in the ashtray and check a weapon himself. He made it a point, to check at least a weapon or two coming off from each lot. As it so happened, there was a case of guns that amused him. 

Those look nice. Woooo! On fire!!!
Thomas got off his chair and pulled one of the Tommy guns out the case. Took the magazine off and took a look inside it. No bullets loaded obviously, for transport. He put the big round magazine on the side and cocked the gun. Then clicked the trigger to fire the mechanism. He listened to the click as he put his ear close to the body of the gun. 

Tuck! 

He smiled. And then looked down the barrel. Put the round magazine back on. 

Beautiful. What a nice piece this is. Fantastic. This is exactly how I like my pieces coming off the trucks. 

Thomas threw the gun over to one of the boys closing the cases. 

Put that thing back in the case that it belongs in. Seal it up. Lets see the next lot. 

Thomas again, made his way back to his chair. Picked up his cigar as he continued to watch and puff his cigar. 

Report Post Tip

Thomas had just finished up his meetings at the gun shop. Alert as ever, he made his way from the gun shop to the showroom. Locked and loaded as always. His entourage of cars pulled up to the showroom. The bodyguard held the door as Thomas hopped out the car and made his way up the broad staircases. He was greeted on the stairs by some of the workers that were making their way to lunch. Thomas smiled and gave them all hand shakes and hugs. As they walked to the local restaurants to grab something to eat. Thomas fixed his suit jacket and walked his way up the stair cases and into the showroom. As he walked in he was welcome by Scott at the door. How are you sir, so happy to see you. Thomas gave Scott a hug. 

I am good. How you been? How was that show? 

Scott smiled and responded 'The wife loved it sir. Thank you very much for thinking of us'. Thomas smiled and gave Scott a firm handshake. 

You deserved it man. Your a top salesman!!!

Scott smile grew even more as he fixed his suit jacket. "I try sir. Anything for the company"

Good man. Hows things otherwise? Hows the sales today and such? How have the new models been? I heard there was a new lot of brand new models coming in. I hope those newer ones are just as good as the ones from before? I did like those older ones. 

Scott rubbed his hands together, in excitement. 'Mr Crown, the new wheels are faster, more luxurious and so much more responsive. We have a few new ones out back. We haven't put them up front yet. As we haven't really got enough deliveries to have them on in here yet. But they are fine cars'. Scott said smiling. 

Sounds good to me. We will take one of them for a test drive one of these days. I don't want to take one away from you just yet. But, put in an order for one of the better ones for me. Ill take one in the next consignment. 

Scott replied. 'Of course sir. I mean, these are all your cars.' Thomas laughed. 

Yea, but we wouldn't be making anything. If I drove them all. 

Thomas took off his hat. Fixed his tie and started walking towards his office. Looking for his secretary. 

You be good Scott, Ill be in the back if you need anything. 

Scott said 'Yes sir. Will do'. Thomas turned around and started to walk towards his office as he came to a halt. 

I almost forgot. We got any trucks in the back Scott? I may need a few of those bigger load carrying trucks put into circulation. Think we got a few? 

Scott, scratched his head. 'I can check sir. How many did you have in mind? I think we may have a couple. But not many. I can always order a few from the manufacturer.'

Fantastic Scott. I think we may need anywhere from 5 to 10 of those new trucks. Check on how many we got. Let me know how many we got. Ill be in the back. 

Thomas walked to his office as Scott went to go check on the trucks they had in stock. 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: MoTown Automotives & Body Shop
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL