Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:35:52
Page:  1 
You want a referral Started by: Apathy on Mar 21, '08 00:02
Apathy strolls out of Cab's HQ and spies a random speaker on a soapbox.Not having one of his own,he pulls out his guns and shoots the random talker,knocking him tits up onto the street.He holsters his weapons and steps up on the soap box to speak.

It has been awhile since I been out and about.But something has grabbed my attention and I feel I have to speak my mind on the topic.Now awhile back the power that be the Cheesy One,made a rule about Mademan and what it will take to become such a rank.Now I do not have a problem with the rule in itself.That has not bothered me at all.What has grabbed my attention and raised my ire is the requests for referrals directed towards myself.Now for you that have asked me,all i ask you is to sit and think for a minute about a few things.

Made man or above goes rogue - 3 references die

Made man or above shoots unjustifiably - All references demoted to gangster/

Made man or above is disrespectful in his oratory environments - All references punished in same was as said made man or above

Theres three things to think about right there.

Now I have had one person ask me and with his actions and dedication and all out WANT to do something good for our world.I said I would if the time comes for him.Now for the many,many many others,who have asked me for a referral to get them over that wiseguy hump,WHO I DO NOT KNOW FROM A WHOLE IN THE GROUND! I must ask you a few things.And even if your fellow family of mine,you should take heed of this.

1.Who in hell are you?

That is correct,who are you? I mean sure we may have shared a convo a few times and maybe even hung out in the family bar once or twice.But who are you really? I mean other than a brief hello once in awhile,your referral request was the most I have spoken to you since you been around.Certainly you can understand if my referral never comes through.

2.What have you done?

Are you a click monkey who just wants to rank because it is a good thing to do? And you needed a high ranked referral so you asked me? Have you read POC's thread and seen what will happen to ME if YOU fuck up? I have worked way too damned hard to get where I am to toss it away for a goodwill vote of confidence.

Now many of you are legit business men and women and have a good heart and really wanna succeed.Well old Apathy is gonna have to watch you do that on someone elses dime.i mean no ill will and hope you succeed in every way,but realistically unless you have known me for a long frigging time and have NEVER had rogue tendancies...better yet spelled rogue.i may think about it.

As for those who think they know me? listen up!

I have many good friends who wouldnt ask me for a referral,mainly because they know the risks are too high.Not that they have an agenda to rule the world or anything.They just know that shit happens around here and don't wanna be connected to a friends death if it should come to that.Now I have spoken to many other people around here and referral requests are not just coming to me,strangers are messaging these people as well.Society seems to have a gimme gimme attitude as of late and I think this latest thing with referral requests has made it worse. "Well how in hell are we supposed to rank then?" That one is actually so easy it aint funny.There is this thing called an HQ,if your in a family you have one(trust me)Anyone in there is YOUR family.And I just bet,that if you actually started talking to them and found out who they really are and start an actual friendship/relationship with them.You would find your referrals will come alot easier.

I am done ranting for now,but I beg of you start thinking before you act.Because some of you are good people and having to say No makes for ill will and hurt feelings......Like I care,my frigging name is Apathy FFS!

Apathy steps down and heads back to the Chicago HQ to drink heavily and ponder what tomorrow will bring
Report Post Tip
I must say I have seen people talking on and on about referrals like it was some new speakeasy opening up!!

Obviously everyone is here to make some sort of mark on this world, may it be working for the best CL, possibly one day becoming CL themselves, possibly best killer these streets have ever seen, or maybe they are like myself... they just want to coast by have some coffee with a few friends possibly rob a store or two... Either way everyone wants SOMETHING, but only recently has the leaders of our fine world come up with a way to justify passing out those shiny buttons so many people want the honour of wearing. This new law really makes people EARN what they want, and not just the run around mad robbing someone every few minutes type of earn... I mean you REALLY have to get out there and MEET your family, TALK in the streets, MAKE yourself known so you don't have to go around BEGGING for a referral...

Once the community comes to terms with this new law and starts to actually participate in our world referrals will come willingly!! Your good actions WILL be scene!! So I say to everyone begging for that Referral that binds you and the person who decides to give it to you together, go out and earn it... if you have to ASK... you have not earned it yet...
Report Post Tip
Excuse me sir. hmmm Mr. Apathy, You don't know me hmmm My name is Curly. I am a wise guy out of Vegas and i was just wondering, Hmmm If you have a minute i can tell you my credentials and just maybe you can tell my Boss just how great my acting is in my movies.

And sir by the way not all of us wise guys are searching for letters for promotions. I would never dream of asking someone of rank to put thier life on the line for me even if they knew me, and especially if i never had the honour of speaking to them first. I feel this must be done in house with the upper echelon deciding on going to thier wise guys and saying you are ready, you can be somebody.

*Curly hands Apathy a free movie ticket to his current picture* Here you go sir it safes you a dime, Thanks
Report Post Tip
Did I mention any names here Curly?

Did I say YOU asked me for a referral?

Read it again,it says SOME people have sent me a request for a referral.Not EVERYONE!
Report Post Tip
HEY APATHY

I don't need no stinkin referrals from you :p
Report Post Tip
Hey Rambo!

..............well you know.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: You want a referral
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL