Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 20:23:20
Page:  1 
The Work of The Coven Started by: Luna on Apr 03, '21 09:17

It was freezing that night. 

The trees swayed violently in the wind as Luna held her coat closer to her chest. She squinted just enough to see one of her fellow family members in the distance.

"Hey @Joe_Campisi. Thanks for picking me up. We gotta meet Kaya at the convenstead, right? I already told the others. Brrr." 

There was a shaky tone in her voice, probably due to the cold air that was threatening to freeze the life out of her larynx. She shook her head in distress and attempted to walk quickly to the car awaiting her presence.

At the usual meeting place for the family, Luna was happy to see everyone gathered around in a circle. Luna didn't know what big announcement Kaya wanted to make, all she knew was that it was important and needed a family dicussion.

After a few moments of sitting in silence and being an active listener to what was being said by the supreme leader, Luna felt intense rage over the matters. Apparently, a rival coven was in their midst, trying to take over Bella Vista and sabotage the effort Coven had put in to keep the district afloat. 

But now with this rival coven attempting to stir the pot plus the heat from cops growing, Luna was afraid that her family's long standing position at the top was in rocky waters. 

Around 9:00 PM the next day, an anonymous tip was sent to the covenstead regarding the malicious acts by the rival coven. News spread around about them committing crimes on civilians, damaging public property and causing panic in the streets. 

Headlines on the daily newspapers called them a 'never-ending nuisance'. The founder of their group mysteriously died few years back. The body was never found and there were suspicions that the boss had been killed by his own son. His son, now in charge of the group's daily operations and unashamed of his wrongdoings had now dug his own grave.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $560,000 Tip

Cheese was instructed to make his way down to a specific location to meet up with the rest of the Coven. Annoyed that they forgot that cheese does not do well in the cold. Cheese called for a taxi, waiting a couple of moments before it pulled over to the sidewalk. Cheese jumped in giving the driver instructions on how to get there and they drove. The driver tried to make some idle chit chat but Cheese was focused holding his concealed .357 Magnum Revolver in his pocket. He always wore his jacket to conceal his true identity from everyone. 

The taxi arrived fifteen minutes later and Cheese exited. He took a long deep breath in, feeling the cold air hit his lungs. He surveyed the area around him before closing in, seeing some of the Coven has already arrived. He saw Luna, Kaya, and all the uppers along with the rest of the Coven. He took a seat close by and listened to the announcement. Seeing an opportunity to get rid of this rival Coven, Cheese stood up and walked over. 

"I am glad to see all of you here tonight. With the nuisance of the rival Coven in our mist, along with the pigs, I know it is time for me to step up. I will offer my services to get rid of them myself and whoever here wants to travel with me to find where they are hiding is more than free to do so. I thank Kaya and Luna for the opportunity." Cheese sits back down gripping his revolver in his hand picturing the future events in his head like he was a seasoned General part of the famous Cheese Wars of many years past. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

RedWayne felt the warmth of the truck slowly ease away. He sat in silence, watching the small meadow where his crew would be meeting. He welcomed the silence and was eager to join this inner calling. A bit of a long timer, he was no rising star, no meteor flying through the night. Quiet and dark was where he felt safest and he was glad the meeting tonight was in the later evening.

He'd do any job for Godfather Kaya. At this time, he accepted his role was to move product and he certainly had put in the miles driving the more essential and profitable scores the crew had landed. Quiet. That was what she liked best in him. As he noted the cabin of his long haul begin to cold enough that he could see his breath, he knew it was a sign.

He stepped out, noting Cheese1 and following a few steps behind. Then standing still. Very still.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Enrai sat in his car, cigar smoke slowly wafting out of the window. "Enjoy the last few moments of peace", he thought to himself. "These emergency meetings are never about something good." He pulled his tie up to his neck, and adjusted the heater in its shoulder holster. He took a long drag before opening the door and stepping out into the cold. Placing his hat on his head, he turned his jacket collar to the wind. Silently, Enrai glided through the woods and made his way to the meeting circle.

Enrai looked around at his family members as the problem was relayed. A mixture of emotions could be seen in their eyes. "Oh, we'll win this one, like we always do", he thought. "Now is time for planning and strategy, everything to make sure that everyone standing in this circle tonight is still standing here when the smoke clears." Enrail pulled out a cigar and his weathered old trench lighter. He took a long drag and waited for Kaya to start hammering out responsibilities. His mind continued racing with a thousand calculations, plots, and scenarios.

Report Post Tip

Enrai wearily slumped in his chair as he laid his gun down on his desk, the dim glow of his cigar offering the only illumination in the otherwise dark office. He reached for the scotch and removed the stopper. He took long drink straight from the bottle and only then did he pour more into the glass. He drained the glass and then refilled it. Steeling himself, he poured the contents onto his bloody side. He let out a pained growl, as it soaked into his bloodstained shirt, causing him pain every time it brushed up against the wound. "At least it shouldn't need stitches," he though to himself as he grabbed another round. 

The rival coven made some early gains, having the upper hand at the start. The war was finally turning in the Coven's favor, but it sure wasn't without a lot of loss and pain. The rivals were making a drop tonight, but they were either tipped off or Enrai's intel had been bad. There were double the number initially reported. But the Coven held the element of surprise. Enrai had been tasked with appropriating the delivery truck. There were two mooks in the truck with the driver, not just one. His stealth had given him the edge, but in his haste, he failed to see that one of the mooks was merely wounded in the initial volley. "I won't make that mistake again", he thought as he alternated between his cigar and his glass, the blood slowly seeping through his shirt. "Got a damn hole in my favorite jacket too. Gotta go see the seamstress again." Enrai's thoughts drifted on the victories, as he slowly let the alcohol take him into temporary oblivion. There would plenty more nights like this one before this mess were though...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Work of The Coven
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL