Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 15:24:25
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Instant Pot Started by: Wassi on Apr 04, '21 22:05

Has anyone used an instant pot? I hear they're all the rage. Everyone and their mother loves them. What are your favorite recipes for it?

Report Post Tip
I know for sure that I’m one of the few that haven’t dove into the whole Insta Pot thing yet. I have a crock pot, figure that’s close enough.
Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

I havent found anything to make in an instapot that was better than making it the regular way. But I will say it is a time saver and is convenient. Better than fast food regardless. But either way, I still prefer traditional pots and pans.

Report Post Tip
Super convenient as a time saver but you can do a lot of unique things if you happen to have an ultra, since it can double as a sous vide element in addition to custom settings that can allow you to basically make yoghurt. My most frequent use for it is to make butter chicken and homemade stock, which is a breeze if you have some spare bits lying around.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Highly reccomend the insta pot.    Can do many things in it much quicker and either just as good or better than alternative ways in my opinion.  My favorite is wings (followed by broiling in oven) they turn out great.

I'm with Magnolia on this one, I'm a diehard slow cooker/crockpot user that kinda likes making the whole house smell like white chicken chili for hours on end. :)

Yeah, I have a instapot and it's great but I rarely use it. It's really convenient and can use it to hardboil eggs which is nice. Just a pain to clean but worth the effort. I've made some really good dishes that were a breeze and didn't take long to cook.
I love my instapot it makes life easier! I love making a roast in mine ! Everybody in the family loves my roast meal ! I also like making rice in it ! Super easy!!!
It’s like a super crockpot lol
Report Post Tip

I have several of the limited edition Mickey Mouse instant pot. I'm accepting bids for one of them starting at $450 dollars. No lowball offers please, I know what I have.

Report Post Tip

I thought this thread was referring to a certain green plant that grows beautiful stinky smokeable flowers. I think I am in the wrong place.

Report Post Tip
I haven't got into the instapot thing either. I have a few crockpots myself of varying sizes. I tend to stick with what I know. Like I always say, if the shit fits, wear it!
Report Post Tip

Unpopular take. I hate insta pots. Ive never had anything good in them. maybe im doing it wrong but nothing ever comes out like mind blowing good so i tend to stay away from them

Okay i was not sure what instant pot was was thinking it was some kind of drugs but looking it up i see its just another fancy name for a pressure cooker, they are good alright if you time it right, but the old school ones did not have a digital readout the one i have has a whistle on top of it i think it makes is good stews, ect .. is a bit faster, could be wrong thinking it's just a fancy pressure cooker but that what it looks like to me. 

Report Post Tip
Lots of recipes. I made a burrito bowl in it which was great. The best thing is the speed for things like roasts and ribs. Super tender and in half the time than oven cooking.
Report Post Tip
Report Post Tip

I haven't used an insta-pot, but i dig the hell out of the air fryer that we just got. I need to start finding a couple solid recipes for it, but it does "fried" foods to perfection.

now if only i could air fry battered stuff. But not yet

Report Post Tip

Philli-Stein The Instant Pot actually does have an air fryer lid that works quite well (comes with its own power supply) and will do wings/veggies etc just fine, but the portion sizes are a little dicey if you're trying to stretch it beyond 3 people.  Great for crisping stuff up though, although admittedly I don't use it as much as I probably should as I'm a little too comfortable with my oven.

Report Post Tip

I've been looking at buying one of these, but haven't found one that was decently priced enough that I wanted to buy. They're all too damn expensive. My sister got one for Christmas from her fiance and she loves the damn thing, made me want one even more.

Report Post Tip

My Instant Pots, yes plural, are my life savers. They have had my back more times than I can count. Always there to support me when things are dicy. I did ribs in my 8 qt tonight and made a potato salad using the 6 qt. I have a cute 3 qt that is perfect for making BBQ sauce. Healthier cooking too. 

Report Post Tip
We have a ninja 🥷 it also doubles up as an air fryer. This makes the most amazing almost healthy buffalo chicken wings.
I think they taste as good if not better.

Get flour with onion powder, garlic powder black pepper and a little salt. Coat the wings then place in the ninja 🥷 for 8 mins at 180c turn then over then 9 mins at 200c then coat them in sauce shop buffalos chicken good stuff serve with blue cheese dip and celery.

I’ve just made myself extremely hungry writing this. Any questions hit me up 🤙
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Instant Pot
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL