Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 16:56:50
Page:  1 
Maximizing your return from voting. Started by: Squishy on Apr 07, '21 16:26

So, you want to get the most bang for your buck when dealing with voting?

We pad your vote honesty a bit to artificially raise it to allow for the occasional broken site and what not.  But, you can keep your numbers in the above 100% percentile by doing this:

So lets say there are 10 votes sites for easy math.  And lets say it only looks at your last 5 days of votes... that means you have 40 votes of back history and then the 10 from today.  So you open up all 10 pluses at one time.  At this moment you have 40 votes that are good with completed captchas, and 10 that are not good, with no captchas on record as being completed.  You complete the first one, this means you have 9 captchas not done, 41 done, so you are at 82% completion/honesty rate at the time since you have 9 that have no record of a captcha completed at all.  (these numbers are higher because we pad them, but you get the point)

So by doing the pluses 1 at a time, you ensure that you stay above 100%.  It also lowers the chances of something happening which causes you to leave before you complete all 10 already opened sites as opposed to just leaving only 1 hanging.  Baby projectile shit on the wall, dog used the mailman as a chewtoy, the great underware fire of 2021, cat ate her face, pizza got delivered despite them CLEARLY not understanding you selected pepperoni on the right side with the little right side icon on their app and those inept fucks put it on the left.

Anyway, thought I'd share how to squeak out a few extra bucks.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

soo, I like the intent, but since we're working within the micro ranges of efficiency here - I'm more likely to complete all the votes together, and since I am in fact voting for the site, don't feel I should be penalised for how I do it

again, I get it that it's a minor thing, and my personal inconvenience doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but as a basic principle, should we not make it as easy as possible to reap the benefits of voting?

Honestly, not sure I'll vote as much with the newer calibration - I might, but, as it's already an inconvenience, I might not

Report Post Tip

re-reading my above reply and it DOES seem like I'm shitting on the idea, which isn't ideal  - maybe this is one of those ideas than can be tried - and if successful kept, if not maybe rolled back?

Report Post Tip

Perseus, maybe I'm understading it wrong, but it doesn't sound like it's a new system/calibration, I think it's just a clarification on how it works, and suggesting how to get more money with it.

Though I see what you mean, and I do think/suggest, it might be better and easier if it counts just the votes from the past days, or just from few hours earlier, to not get penalized for clicking them in a row.

Report Post Tip

Indeed Gidan_B, Perseus is barking up the wrong tree. This all stems from a conversation I had with Squishy last night when I noticed my voting percentage had plummeted. Squishy noted that my voting is 100% apart from 1 day last week. That day i had clicked on all 10 sites but not completed the votes. I actually had completed them, however, after opening all 10 voting sites, my 4 year old daughter decided she needed daddy more than the PC did. Soooo, about 1 hour later I returned, completed my voting and carried on playing.

And that is were the issue lies, as Sqishy pointed out, the sites themselves have a timeout built in after which they don't record your vote as a referral from MR itself, a time that had elapsed in my case. I voted, but it never registered with MR, hence my vote percentage. This post is simply to prevent people falling foul of the same issue I did. If you open all the voting tabs and complete them every single time, you are free to continue to do so, but if you get called away and your voting percentage drops as a result, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Maximizing your return from voting.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL