Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 09:45:36
Page:  1 
The Checker Cab Company: Request a Ride Started by: Georgette on Apr 10, '21 11:16

Detroit was known as Motor City and for good reason. Not only had the Automobile industry thrive in this city, but it was also home to some of the largest taxi cab businesses in the country. Times got hard with the great depression, not as many cars were being bought, but Taxi rides were going up as people still needed to get around. And with a world of crime happening, and not wanting to leave a trace of where they had been, Detroit's Checker Cab Company was booming. The Prohibition and Great Depression put a strain on some companies, allowing them to buy out their main competitor, Detroit Cab Company. Which meant they had the monopoly in the town of yellow cars, cheaper fares and damn good service. 

The building that was their main headquarters, garage, and office was a flat-roofed, three stories tall building made of red brick. Framed in steel and concrete, it was beautiful and impressive. The center bay has the main entrance for customers to come and request a journey, inside the reception area a dour-faced woman sits manning a switchboard and appointment book. A haze of smoke lingers in the room as the smell of coffee, oil, and gasoline permeates the senses. In front of the desk are some cheap chairs that have seen better days, for customers to wait for their drivers. To the side is a counter with a dinged and beaten up coffee maker, half full with a strong brew for those drivers pulling long shifts, and some stained and chipped mugs, in a hodgepodge of colors and patterns. 

Georgette enters the reception area from a door to the side, swinging a ring of keys around her finger. "Heya Lizzie!" she said to her in a chipper voice, even though the dark circles under her eyes showed that she'd been out driving late again. "Anything?" she asked before moving to the coffee maker to pour herself a cup of joe, steaming hot and thick like sludge. She hadn't been much of a coffee drinker before, but now she could not imagine life without it. 

Taking a seat across from the desk she blew on the coffee as she listened to the radio broadcast the news, faint and a burst of static occasionally, but it was a companionable silence, while both women waited for a customer to request a ride to another part of the city. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The goose was a lazy bird, I mean seriously, he had a goldfish to stir his cup of tea in the morning.

Not surprisingly, he didn't really like to fly, far too much effort so upon finding the checker cab company he honked with delight

'Honk'

I need to get to 12th street please, and don''t' spare the horses'

Report Post Tip

As the goose waddled in Georgette tried as hard as she could to keep her face straight. She knew that Lizzie was going to have a bit of a fit, given her fear of birds. Unable to contain herself she got to her feet and laughed just as Lizzie's face started to turn a lovely shade of puce, "Don't worry gal, I got this one, I'll fill out the forms when I get back," she said as she ushered the Goose out of the building and towards where her cab was parked. 

Unlocking the back door and then the driver's door she waited for the goose to hop in before slamming it shut and getting in the drivers seat herself. "Right, 12th Street?" she asked, adjusting her mirror to meet the beady eyes of the fowl creature she was now slightly responsible for, even if just for a short little journey. 

Report Post Tip

Waking up late Heston decided that he needed a taxi to take him to the early morning markets so he could buy fresh ingredients for the headquarters kitchen. Picking up the phone Heston dialled the number of the largest and best company in Detroit Checkers. Waiting for the phone to be answered Heston chucked a pot of coffee on and grabbed some milk out of the fridge. Giving the milk a sniff Heston decided that black coffee would be the choice of today

After being told the cab would be ten minutes Heston grabbed a coat and hat it was still a little chilly out for his bald head and decided that maybe he would look around the butchers in preparation of a large BBQ happening real soon

Report Post Tip

Apparition had a few to many drinks after opening her new business. She desperately needed a ride to a hotel or somewhere with a place to lay her head. She was dizzy and tipsy. Stumbling as she walked. She saw a sign that read cab company request a ride and thought to herself man it would be fun to drive something. She headed towards the building and stumbled through the door. 

"Hey there people person whoever. I need a god damn ride somewhere. Get the keys I'm driving." 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Checker Cab Company: Request a Ride
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL