Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 13:31:19
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
ADVANCE WARNING: Jail Break Comp Started by: Squishy on Jun 22, '11 17:38

We will be doing a Jail Break Comp - complete with prizes - in a few weeks.

This is a headsup so you guys can get your skills up to par so that everyone is on a level playing field.

Report Post Tip

If there's one thing I enjoy, it's a rousing good sitewide competition of this sort. Splendid news this, and thanks Izzy for keeping us occupied and running these sorts of things.

Report Post Tip

Prizes will be based upon the number of jails thrown. When a jail is thrown, an amount of credits goes into a pot (Total credits - taxes that we pay) for that particular round. That pot is split up among the winners in the following manner:

PER ROUND: (If you win anything here, you are ineligible to win anything below it in the same round)
------------------------------------------------
Most Guards Busted - 40% of that rounds pot.
2nd Most Guards Busted - 10% of that rounds pot.
3rd Most Guards Busted - 10 BGs
4th Most Guards Busted - 8 BGs
5th Most Guards Busted - 5 BGs

Most Attempts - 30% of that rounds pot.
2nd Most Attempts - 10% of that rounds pot.
3rd Most Attempts - 10 BGs
4th Most Attempts - 8 BGs
5th Most Attempts - 5 BGs

Most 0's Busted 10% of that rounds pot.
2nd Most 0's - 10 BGs
3rd Most 0's - 8 BGs
4th Most 0's - 5 BGs
5th Most 0's - 2 BGs

Most Busts in Philly - +20 to Info
Most Busts in Chicago - +20 to Info
Most Busts in New York - +20 to Info
Most Busts in Los Angeles - +20 to Info
Most Busts in Las Vegas - +20 to Info
Most Busts in Detroit - +20 to Info
Most Busts in St Louis - +20 to Info
Most Busts in New Orleans - +20 to Info

ALL DAY: (If you win anything here, you are ineligible to win anything below it)
Highest Minimum In All Cities (If you do breaks in ALL cities, we take whatever city you have the LEAST amount of breaks in, and compare that against everyone else, whoever has the most, wins) - +50 to Info

2nd Highest Minimum In All Cities (If you do breaks in ALL cities, we take whatever city you have the LEAST amount of breaks in, and compare that against everyone else, whoever has the most, wins) - +40 to Info

3rd Highest Minimum In All Cities (If you do breaks in ALL cities, we take whatever city you have the LEAST amount of breaks in, and compare that against everyone else, whoever has the most, wins) - +30 to Info

Most Guards Busted - +50 Wack
2nd Most Guards Busted - +40 Wack
3rd Most Guards Busted - +30 Wack
4th Most Guards Busted - +20 Wack
5th Most Guards Busted - +10 Wack

Most Attempts - +50 Defense
2nd Most Attempts - +40 Defense
3rd Most Attempts - +30 Defense
4th Most Guards Busted - +20 Defense
5th Most Guards Busted - +10 Defense

Most 0's Busted - +50 Stealth (Will max at 95 base stealth)
2nd Most 0's - +40 Stealth (Will max at 95 base stealth)
3rd Most 0's - +30 Stealth (Will max at 95 base stealth)
4th Most 0's - +20 Stealth (Will max at 95 base stealth)
5th Most 0's - +10 Stealth (Will max at 95 base stealth)

Most Busts in Philly - +40 to Info (will max at 95 base info)
Most Busts in Chicago - +40 to Info (will max at 95 base info)
Most Busts in New York - +40 to Info (will max at 95 base info)
Most Busts in Los Angeles - +40 to Info (will max at 95 base info)
Most Busts in Las Vegas - +40 to Info (will max at 95 base info)
Most Busts in Detroit - +40 to Info (will max at 95 base info)
Most Busts in St Louis - +40 to Info (will max at 95 base info)
Most Busts in New Orleans - +40 to Info (will max at 95 base info)

OTHER NIFTY STUFFS:
The amount of "Loaded 0s" (The ones that give you a free bg when you bust it) that are generated from launching jails will be increased, and the name/location will be announced in #divinelunacy for some friendly racing

You will receive a small something for every single bust you do during the comp. However, just to frustrate you, we won't tell you what it is until after. Nyeh Nyeh.

There will be a total of 4 six hour rounds, starting on Saturday (date to be picked soon) at 00:00 and ending at 23:59:59

This is our current spec for the contest, any modifications or additions that you guys can suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Report Post Tip

Saturday July 9th is looking good, any large events in the world that would cause this to be an issue?

Report Post Tip

This may be a stupid question. But, do we need to record every bust we do? Or can you do that? haha. I don't know. :P

Report Post Tip

We record it and display it after the competition, however, you may want to track yours if you are going for things like the:

Highest Minimum In All Cities (If you do breaks in ALL cities, we take whatever city you have the LEAST amount of breaks in, and compare that against everyone else, whoever has the most, wins) - +50 to Info

As an example

Most Busts in Philly - 135
Most Busts in Chicago - 131
Most Busts in New York - *335*
Most Busts in Los Angeles - 233
Most Busts in Las Vegas - *65*
Most Busts in Detroit - 132
Most Busts in St Louis - 155
Most Busts in New Orleans - 160

This puts your highest bust for this category at "65". By proper tracking you would know to switch out of NY and move to LV earlier on so that you are not wasting breaks.

Report Post Tip

Just as a hint, people will bluff to you and say they have more breaks then they actually do to try to get you to drop out of the comp. Quite a few contenders gave up because they thought they had been too far behind to win.

Point of the story - like with BG counts and Wacks, everyone lies to give themselves an edge :)

Report Post Tip

Ok! I sorta understand. I'm just simple minded; sorry. So since LV is the lowest. I would need to go to LV and bring that up.

Does that mean your taking the lowest Busts in a city?

Agian sorry not street smart. Just book smart haha.

Report Post Tip

Oh! Nevermind. I understand now.

Report Post Tip

Awesome awesome awesome awesome and more fucking awesome! Count me in for sure. Just one very very nooby question and another just.. nooby question.

The busts we do will still count towards our achievements as well as gaining us XP for Units etc yes?

Does it matter if we are doing the jails at a friends house while they are doing it also? (Simply because I don't want to stay up most the day on my tod jailing like a loner. Would rather be at a mates house haha)

Report Post Tip

This should be fun :D

Report Post Tip

This is immense.

I shall be arranging for the family to be elsewhere for this day.

I shall invest in a whole case of Redbull.

I shall be answering NO mobmails.

I shall beat Raptor.

I shall be the king of Jails.

Bubba will NOT be my friend.

Report Post Tip

Question:

Will it be upto ourselves to create the crackdowns?

Or will the crackdowns be automatically generated?

Report Post Tip

Ill have to find a better way to word the prizes, but basically you are only eligible to win one thing per round. If you win multiple things, pick the best of what you won, and the rest become ineligible.

Report Post Tip

Two Questions:

I know you don't have a date yet. But, how many days to you think it will have.

And what does info mean? For Example:  +50 to Info

Meant to ask that earlier.

Report Post Tip

"The busts we do will still count towards our achievements as well as gaining us XP for Units etc yes?"

Yep, these are as if you did it any other day.

"Does it matter if we are doing the jails at a friends house while they are doing it also? (Simply because I don't want to stay up most the day on my tod jailing like a loner. Would rather be at a mates house haha)"

That is fine, however, I can't stress how important it is that no duping takes place during this. Consequences will be harsh. But if two legit players sit next to each other and work together, that is fine.

Report Post Tip

"Will it be upto ourselves to create the crackdowns? Or will the crackdowns be automatically generated?"

Users will be providing their own crackdowns.

Report Post Tip

Id like to go ahead and say congrats to Riane and Bammy in advance :D

Report Post Tip

I shall be answering NO mobmails. <-- evilclown

Ditto! No mobmail, no irc , no skype nothing!

Can we do it on July 2? Its holiday here..ahem >.<

Report Post Tip

First of all, congrats to Scipita and Bammy.

Saturday July 9th is looking good

Saturday July 9th is the perfectest.

Ditto! No mobmail, no irc , no skype nothing!

Skype sounds good!

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: ADVANCE WARNING: Jail Break Comp
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL