Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 06:52:46
Page:  1 
Hitlist Bug Started by: Squishy on Apr 12, '21 00:33

A hitlist 48h no auth bug was discovered.  While the wack attempt was traversing the code, it would error and roll back by design, undoing any possible bug damage, restoring the state to how it was before the attempt.  However, when a 1% is rolled (which happens earlier in the code), it jumps to a different section of the code which did not contain a bug and was allowed to finish.

What this means is that someone would shoot at a 48h no auth on the hitlist, it would error, it would undo it as if it never happened, and give a blank message on the wack attempt, the person would be "Uhhhhh..." and try again.  If you clicked this a bunch of times, each time it rolls a different amount, and if it rolled a 1 (or if you had a gun good enough, any number that is considered a success), it would then continue on as a normal wack and the wack code would run to completion.

The affected parties have been revived, the code is currently being rewritten, and the hitlist will be restored when completed.

The wackers not malicious, it does not look like anyone knowingly exploited the bug.

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $140,000 Tip

So what happens to the money claimed?

Report Post Tip

I am not seeing you as one of the people involved, so feel free to reach out to one of the wackers for more information.

Report Post Tip

I would have thought that something that has an impact on game balance (such as say $200,000,000) would have been something that involves us all. Its more than 6% of total game cash...

If this cash was used to buy credits, what happens to the people who sold the credits etc? There was a lot of discussion surrounding these issues on the lounge.

I take your point that you dont want to share though. Fair enough.

Report Post Tip

BlackBlack, I see that this is important to you.  I can schedule additional time by erasing some things off of my todo list so that I can do a full run down of all credits and cash in and out of your account to make sure that you were not personally affected by this.  You can save me a lot of time by letting me know which credits of yours or what cash of yours you suspect was involved in this, this way I can put the those lost hours spent doing 6 degrees of Kevin Baconomics back into what they were originally assigned to.

I know in a small community its common for everyone to be all up in everyones business, but right now my priority is on rewriting the code, fixing the bug, verifying its quashed, fix the affected parties accounts, and restore the hits.  So by all means, if their business is that important to you, please ask them yourselves, they would each be much more knowledgeable about their individual situations than I am.  Those individuals will know in their case if I retrieved the money. They will also know in their case if I went and retrieved money that was converted to credits. They will also know if in their case I took back a perk(s) that they purchased.  They will also know if in their case I took back money that they sent off to others. They will also know if in their case I took back credits that they sent off to others.  They will also know if in their case I took back perks that they sent off to others. 

Please let me know when you finish your conversations up with those involved, and afterwards if there are any questions that are unanswered, all those involved can then collectively come to me and ask so that I can settle it in one conversation for all of those involved.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Glad you found and rectified the bug and brought the players back. 

But what does kinda make me laugh is Avi probably didn’t even know he was killed and brought back to life until someone told him. 

Report Post Tip
Thanks Mr.Hans, no one actually told me. To make it even funnier, i at first was sitting confused as to where the hit on me even went lol
Report Post Tip

lol they sure got lucky!

Report Post Tip
Has the code been fixed?
Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Hitlist Bug
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL