Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 12:24:56
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: May 1st Marketplace Change Started by: Squishy on Apr 12, '21 03:04

A little backstory: There are two styles of credits in game, there are paid credits and free credits.  Paid credits are credits that you received from the game as the result of using real life money (Paypal).  Free credits are credits generated from the game and given to you by a feature or another player (Achievements, credit codes, marketplace, dice, bank transfers and so on).  When you purchase things via credits, they are taken from your paid credits first, and once paid credits are exhausted, it gets taken from your free credits. 

As of May 1st, the following changes will be made to the hitlist.

The right side of the marketplace will now have the following changes:

Using paid credits, there are no limits of the number of game generated 425k cash listings you can purchase.

Using free credits, you are limited to 80 purchases of game generated 425k cash listings per rolling 24h period.

Report Post Tips: 12 / Total: $240,000 Tip
Does this mean you will be altering the cost of credits to a more reasonable price? Also how will this affect the credits people have stockpiled, will they be consider game generated or do you have some tracker on each credit to know which were bought and which weren’t?
Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Does this mean you will be altering the cost of credits to a more reasonable price?

There are no price changes, so the cost of credits don't need to be adjusted.

Also how will this affect the credits people have stockpiled, will they be consider game generated or do you have some tracker on each credit to know which were bought and which weren’t?

They have been tracked like this to help combat fraudulent purchases and to be able to generate reports for the authorities at a click of a button. This was put in place for about 8(ish?) years ago, and its been tracking ever since.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Just curious, Why?

Report Post Tip

This is a solution based upon a few conversations and ideas referring to the hitlist that have been ongoing on the forums and lounge.  You can get up dated by reading through the more recent suggestions related to the hitlist.

Report Post Tip

Hello Izzy, just a question if I understood this correctly:

Using paid credits, there are no limits of the number of game generated 425k cash listings you can purchase.

Using free credits, you are limited to 80 purchases of game generated 425k cash listings per rolling 24h period.

So, person who bought credits for $$$ can buy as much in-game cash as they want, but those who only have free credits can do 80?

If this is true, if I got it right, does not this push the paying players to have even more advantage? Like, if I win 100 credits today (just an example) and person buys 100 credits, he has 20 credits extra to change to cash? Which means that if I play 24/7 and he buys the same amount of credits I earn, he can again hilist me and we cant pay it back as he can buy over and over the same amount we earn by playing?

Report Post Tip

So, person who bought credits for $$$ can buy as much in-game cash as they want, but those who only have free credits can do 80?

If this is true, if I got it right, does not this push the paying players to have even more advantage? Like, if I win 100 credits today (just an example) and person buys 100 credits, he has 20 credits extra to change to cash? Which means that if I play 24/7 and he buys the same amount of credits I earn, he can again hilist me and we cant pay it back as he can buy over and over the same amount we earn by playing?

This ensures things like dice money cant be easily converted over to hitlist money by one person in a fast way.

If you want to convert more than 80 credits obtained by other means, you need to pick one of the other users offers at, or you need to either wait 24h, or involve others to do it for you.

But I am looking forward to hearing your alternatives that work as effective as this current one may for both good on bad, bad on good, rich on poor, poor on rich, weak on powerful, powerful on weak, and in past, present and future cases.

Long story short, this slows down the impact that large amounts of money obtained by dice or other sources can affect things like the hitlist, something I consider the best of the alternatives at the moment.

Report Post Tip

Long story short, this slows down the impact that large amounts of money obtained by dice or other sources can affect things like the hitlist, something I consider the best of the alternatives at the moment.

But this is the thing, perhaps I am wrong, but I don't think it is the regular dicing folk that earns that huge amount of dice to make hitlist worth 100m, that is like 235-240 creds for 1 hit. I doubt that people that have 100-500 would dice and risk it to get more just to hitlist someone?

I always thought it is the purchasing credits that disturbed the balance (P2W mechanic) so to say.

My general idea or alternative is just to limit the amount of credits that can be changed to $$$ on both sides. Because, in example, if current economy is 2.5bn and last few hitlists amassed to 500m, that is one fifth of the total amount of money, just printed. Federal Reserves would never allow it :D

Report Post Tip

BerZerk my understanding is that the vast amount of credit rich folks won them and didn't pay cash. That being said, when you have a game that relies on credit sales for revenue you will always get a small advantage to those prepared to pay to win, at least with this change that isn't an insurmountable advantage, even if you can't afford to spend $50 or $500 on credits

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: May 1st Marketplace Change
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL