Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 01:38:40
Page:  1 
The Cat and Cowgirl Saloon Started by: Georgette on Apr 14, '21 19:34

12th street was slowly picking up in terms of business, with the remnants of the Mezzo family trying their best to keep what their boss had envisioned going. One of the buildings that had recently sprung up was the Cat and Cowgirl Saloon. Just a normal building on the street, that one wouldn't pay much attention to other than the curious sign that showed a fedora and a cowgirl hat. Having heard the stories and tales, Georgette wanted to do something special to keep the memories alive. So between flying around the country and interviewing relatives and friends, she snuck into a few old places stealing bits and pieces to add to the collection of memorabilia on the walls. Every picture had a story behind it, just like the people who gave their names for the saloon itself. Two people who believed in friendship and the power of a good story and how it needed to get out. 

The door opened while she was looking at a group of pictures she had found in Los Angeles. Three women on a beach, a small dark-haired child playing in the sand. Another of the same child, grown a bit, shyly looking at the camera. Somehow a photo of a doctor's office on fire and three women hugging outside had been captured for the newspapers, and it struck a chord in Georgette. The clear image of destruction, companionship, love, and grace. As the door closed she turned and smiled at the man standing there, "Well, Look at you." she said to the tall blonde-haired, bearded, ice blue-eyed man who had previously been working in Los Angeles.  "I am so glad you accepted my offer," she told him, holding out a hand to shake. "Let me give you a tour.." she said as she walked into the building. She continued talking for a few moments before realizing the man was standing in front of the same picture she had been at, his fingers gentle on the glass before closing his eyes in silence. 

"Ah." she said softly. "I'll cover the bar for a bit, why don't you take a look around and let me know when you're ready." 

Report Post Tip

Apparition heard rumor that her friend Georgette had purchased a new bar. She wandered around downtown and finally stumbled upon it. From the outside it wasn't what she would expect from her friend. It wasn't super fancy but it was somewhat intriguing she supposed. She took a breath not knowing who or what to expect and walked through the door. The place was clean and many pictures from all over the world it seemed. What character. She walked towards the bar. 

"Hey there beautiful. I'm in need of a drink or seven." 

Report Post Tip
Back in the motor city, I ran into another type of establishment. Alcohol. And, I sure could use a few drinks. I opened the door, allowing my sapphire eyes adjust to the light difference compared to from outside. I was by no means an alcoholic, but I sure could hold my own. But, since I was new here, I am going on a recommendation, maybe they have a local drink or something for me to try. It's always nice to help the little guy trying to make it you know. I walk up to the bar keep, and ask for local drinks first.....
Report Post Tip

Amelia knew the rumors of course, that a series of businesses lay across the country that hinted towards her family name. Places of nostalgia, that would inspire others, but also where you could go to mourn, drink, and then drink some more. Several enquiries later, after her stomach full of doughnuts and coffee, she had managed to locate one of the women who had lived in the neighborhood for decades, and knew just about everything there was to know of the area. 

"Gato?" the woman said, her voice crackling with the phlegm of someone who has clearly smoked since coming out of the womb. "Yes, thats a name I haven't heard in a while." eyes closing slightly, lost in thought the woman recounted to Amelia the journey of Race street, the joys of RP INC. and finally ended with the tales of Sammy, in New York. Amelia realized the timeline was slightly skewed, but her general information seemed fairly solid and believable. "Cat and Cowboy," the woman said, her body taken over by a racking cough that sounded like she might be on death's door. "Thats where you wanna go."

Thanking the woman Amelia tried to offer money for her information, but instead was given a pat on the hand, a cloud of smoke in her face and platitudes about how it was nice to be able to talk about the history of Detroit, if even for a fleeting moment. Making her escape Amelia headed to the Cat and Cowboy, which appeared abandoned from the outside. Feeling her heart sink slightly, she refused to be discouraged and instead slipped around back, found a door and deftly picked the lock. Sometimes it was handy, being a criminal. 

Report Post Tip
Genesis was leaving the hotel on 12th street. He was finished doing a business and was ready to head out to the town. He rewlly needed a drink so he headed for 3rd Avenue. He saw Georgettes and decided to stop in for a drink.  He headed toward the entrance and walked inside.

When he entered he saw it was pretty crowded. He found the bar and sat down. The bartender started walking his way and ask for his order.  

"May I have a glass of Jack, neat,please."

The bartender nodded and wrote his order down. They headed for the bar and grabbed a half full bottle of Jack Daniels and a glass. They make the drink and hands it to Genesis. He thanks them and takes a drink.
Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Cat and Cowgirl Saloon
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL