Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 11:43:36
Page:  1 
Something I wanted to write about MR Started by: dddda on Apr 24, '21 10:25

Before you read: I am sorry, I am in no way a writer, English is no my first language and I jumped through topics like crazy, coherency will not be there. Just some story and tips, feelings I had. I waited a long time to write this, I haven't played since my last run so don't think this is a player throwing shit at the game because he died in the recent war. 

I remember when I first started playing MR, the feeling of scrolling down to the online list and clicking random users to see their profile pictures,

wealth and rank. Holy. It was a feeling of excitement. What do they all meant? "Oh damn this guys a "Boss", surely he is big in the

game". Funny. back at the time I hadn't watched the godfather movies and had no clue what the ranks meant but damn was I rooting for the

ranks. I wanted to achieve the highest rank, wanted to have "Rich" as my wealth status! Wanted to have the coolest profile picture around... I

remember having the fear of doing something wrong, to lose a character with 10 wack and 25 units lol I remember thinking just for the rank

alone, that I was one of the biggest fish in the game. I remember wanting to be CL so baaaad. Doing gods work to achieve it, donating all I

could and "working hard". I thought I was doing good. In fact I thought I was a really good MR player. But boyy as I wrong... The next

happening would mark the rest of my career in MR. So as anyone in the game that lost their friends to a break and doesn't know how MR 

works, you create a character and join a random crew. At that time I happen to join a LV crew ran by the dude who became my only friend in

MR. But why was it different? Why did it changed my "life" in MR forever? Well, This guy, this guy worked for a MR "secret society" WOAH.

SECRET SOCIETY in a TEXT GAME?? Yeah. I never really paid attention to that, I figured it was just his friends. But then, you see how the exact

things my buddy would tell me (Behind his groups back of course) unraveled, word by word. Nobody knew nothing, but somehow I knew

everything that would happen. SO MUCH POWER. Do you realize how I felt? I immediately started working for my friend, that was working with

the Society. And just as a secret thing, I never knew anything about them, I just worked with them through my friend. Then short time passes

and I then realize how this game truly works. I started thinking of MR as real life tbh (Where it is said that the president is just a puppet). You

see kid, all these "Bosses, Consiglieres, Godfathers" Some of them mean nothing, and hold no power. You see that wise guy with 28 days of life?

That dude controls the game. But anyways, you also realize that in reality the ones at the top are the same people and that "hard work" doesn't

do anything unless you are the only option. I did some things that I do not regret. That time I was in spy in LA, from day 0 to 100 ish, I

managed to get a crew there, I managed to have access to the shot reports, all of that info I fed to my friend, and he fed it to the society. I wont

remember the feeling of power I had when everyone on the city was removed, and that I contributed and was part of it, I was still standing, the

only LA CL. I was killed a day later, I deserved it (And as I see now, it was an honor getting shot by LG). I took a break after that run, as time

passed I had minor characters here and there and I was there when the greatest (on my eyes) run of any group/society happened. You see, this

guys had the whole country locked on their terms, this society used technology outside the game (as an admin stated) to decipher who was who

so they could kill them in time. This society caused major damages to the economy of the game so, of course, the gods had to intervene, they

DD everyone but one of the members (This will continue to happen many times in the future) . And that was mostly the end of the society at its

peak. I kept playing as time passed had characters of every size between breaks and recently I had came back (my last run atm) to work once

again with my friend and the society, the crumbling society. I don't wanna get into details but we finally got backstabbed and hit by karma by

none other than them. You see, this crumbling secret society that once was, has to resort on fellatio to survive. The leader has gone soft. What

once was a brotherhood for "rejects" as their leader once told me, turned into nothing. Their name surely had more weight in past times. So,

that's it, that is the end of my journey through MR, of course with cut runs and details.  I wanted to also speak on other things, when I see posts

on the streets about loyalty being non existent in the game I burst out laughing. Let me tell you I haven't seen so many loyal dogs anywhere,

EVER. You see what loyalty does, I am a prime example, If I backstabbed for loyalty, its still loyalty.  Also, this game is pay to win. And you

might think im crazy but then I will tell you, you haven't had a lot of credits in your hand. But an example, there was this time the whole country

was fighting against one city and this city had a credit rich leader. Our leaders couldn't hit important targets because of their bodyguards. Just

imagine what would have happened if that city leader had a capped gun... we would have lost. And before I go, a tip for all true new players and

old players who haven't achieved anything or feel like they are worth nothing. Join a group, a society as I call them. Try to find them, they are

there. There are many! All of them can, had, are controlling the game. This game is boring without them, it is what sadly makes MR. 

Secret society name: Nifleheim (Nifl) 

Leader of Nifleheim = "First"

HUGE TIP: Nifleheim is part of the controlling groups right now! props. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip

Hey question - since you watched the Godfather....lol....what's the difference between a Godfather, Don and a Boss?  Just curious....lol

Report Post Tip
IIRC a Don and a Godfather are pretty the same thing and a boss a the head of a crime family. I think back to the Sopranos where there where bosses in New York, Philly and New Jersey
Report Post Tip
That doesnt make sense. Godfather, Don and Boss are the same. Theres a family in NJ , a fam in philly and 5 families in nyc. Each has a boss. All bosses are equal.
Report Post Tip

I kind of put it as this: godfather is the boss of bosses, a Don is a title given to someone that demands respect and a Boss id take it as an Underboss but yeah they kind of the same lol

Report Post Tip

Yoo whos this? 

Apr 25, 08:21:10 _drjzohnoofni tried to WACK! you
Report Post Tip

I mean if that's how the game determines it.  Boss of Bosses is eve now non existent.  It's just a Boss.  A Don is just a term to refer to a figure in a formal manner.  Godfather is the term coined because when you join a mafia family, the boss is the "father" of the family - and while not your biological father, it is your Godfather .... just like if you are baptized.  

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Something I wanted to write about MR
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL