Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 22:26:49
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
A new notification for the CL. Started by: TheDame on Apr 26, '21 14:47

So, I had a member leave my crew and I only knew because I  made myself aware of my members. 

Had I not been so intune with my members I would not have known the member left.

Not all members ask to leave when they leave, for various reasons.
Now I assume this member  had an issue with someone then he left the crew carried on the issue and died.
That is one reason that is not rouge related. 

But a notification nonetheless would have been nice. Not everyone is in tune with their members. 

So this made me curious 

Why did I not get a notification that a member had left the crew. 

So my suggestion is that the crew leader get a notification when a member leaves the crew. 

Report Post Tip

If you're not paying enough attention to your members to know who is in your crew then it's a big problem. However on the flip side, the sooner you know someone left the better if it was not authorised so this could be good for that.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Thank you for input DVA. 

And for reinforcing what I said about being aware of your members.  

On that same note a Cl is the driver of the car  and sometimes they need road signals because there is so much they have to pay attention to.

Report Post Tip

You already have this sorta, keep the lounge open and it'll show when someone leaves. 

Report Post Tip

Thank you Olivia for that insight.

That is great for people who use lounge there are people who do not use lounge at all.   

I am not the only one who doesn't. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I personally believe that this shouldn't be enacted. If between you, your LHM, RHM and sponsors you don't notice when someone leaves your crew, then that is on you. Being a CL isn't easy and its not meant to be easy. there is a lot of book keeping and hard work involved, and if you aren't on top of it you will crash and burn, just like in real life. 

You have a full list of members available, so its easy enough a couple of times a day to check it and see if everyone is present and correct. The fact that you don't know why this person left suggests that they didn't feel comfortable enough to address you or your hands with their problem, or didn't know enough to come to you or your upper structure with their problem. 

There are a lot of systems in place already to allow you to better manage your member list, including colour coded contacts, personal notes, and the lounges, a notification when a member dies/leaves is just making it too easy. 

I am a little concerned that this sounds like I am having a go at you, and honestly its not meant as such. Being a CL is a big challenge, and a lot of work, its one of the reasons I don't actively pursue the role myself anymore, I just don't have the time to dedicate to it any more.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I don't need to be told how to keep track of my members I did just fine. I believe I stated that in my OP. 

I knew he was gone within minutes, but a CL should still be notified. Not every Crew leader can just sit on the game for 80 plus hours a week. It is even outrageous to expect a CL to do more than a 30  to 40 hours a week because that is a full time job now a days. 

Touch of Evil  I do  appreciate you laying it   out for those who may not be so vigilant with their members. 

But  on that premise then I guess the driver of a car doesn't need the mirrors to drive either  he should just be aware of his surroundings.

Report Post Tip

That is not a like for like comparison, the mirrors are their to aid your awarness, they don't do the job for you. As for tge rest of what yiu said, I did state that it wasnt my intentions to sound like i was having a go at your ability to run a crew, that was not what i was attempting to do.

Report Post Tip

The notification to the cl that I suggested would be  there to aid the awareness of the CL . So it seems a great like for like  comparison to me. 

Report Post Tip

That is not a like for like comparison, the mirrors are their to aid your awarness,

Even more so the mirrors only alert you when you utilize them by looking, much like the Crewlist.  Your mirrors don't notify you of the actions of every other car in your vicinity at 4am while you sleep.

Long story short, it *used* to notify you, but we had a very huge disconnect of between the 'unwashed masses' and the ivory towers.  Crew leaders struggling to find a crewlist to put out a protection order became a difficult process when they had no idea who even funded the place.  This coupled with quite a few features in a row that stripped even more of the ability for underdogs to attack the ivory towers meant that we can't keep removing the ability for the smalls to keep the bigs accountable. Notifying someone the moment someone makes a move would be incredibly counter productive.  Being a crew leader is only hard work when you try to micromanage every facet of the operation.  You have a family of 30 people that are more often than not disappointed that they are not trusted with tasks for the family. Delegate delegate delegate! Share the work, share the rewards.

Report Post Tip

I never said I  had  a hard time of it.   Nor did I need to have it explained to me what an attentive leader is by multiple people.  As a matter of fact the short time I was a cl I  had several members say that was the most fun they had in years. 

Not sure why people have to give advice when a simple explanation would work. 

I do appreciate that you took the time Squishy to explain to me the reason there is no notification. Which had I known this reason I would have never posted this. Goes to show how little you older players are teaching us newer ones.  

Thank you for your time. 

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: A new notification for the CL.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL