Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 22:46:31
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Track Marksmanship Hustle Points More Efficiently Started by: Duncan on May 15, '21 19:21

It would be beneficial for players to be able to either:

a) Clear their hustle point spent log history (granularly like personals)

b) Have Marksmanship points indicate pre and post max

c) Something else that achieves the intent

Case Scenario: User spends 37 (or any other random difficult number to remember) points on marksmanship and is having a hard time tracking his gun accurately. His sticky notes are lost on his desk, he has forgotten the art of back alleys, the Google Doc In time, that number is forgotten and a shot report's accuracy suffers as a consequence. 

Short and sweet.

Report Post Tips: 14 / Total: $280,000 Tip

How can the game track pre and post max ?

And it has a track for the stats on the page for use hustler points but you need to have control of it yourself like other things in the game 

Stat       Totals
Qty        Stats
10          Defense 
2            Street Smarts 
3            Stealthiness 
11          Marksmanship 
1            Physiqe

Report Post Tip

I realize that, the point is it's difficult to track pre and post max hustle points on marksman. If I could delete em, similar to Wack personals, i would be a happy girl. That is, assuming I'm shooting, which Im not. 

Report Post Tip
You can just delete them from your hustle personals no?
Report Post Tip

Tyki_Mikk I never even noticed HP's had their own category until just now, wow. Not as clean as I'd like it to be via the Hustle Points page considering, but that'll work actually. Even though clearing out those personals will result in some collateral damage of deleting other stuff, I guess I can just view those on the HP Spend page. 

Thanks

Report Post Tip
Part of the game is learning how to calculate these things, dont think we should make it any easier. If someone is having issues calculating there gun there crewleader can help them. There are people in postion to help with these sort of things, if you need some help shoot me a mail.
Report Post Tip

It's pretty easy to calculate your gun, that's not the point. There are already so many other QoL additions over the last decade to make things a little less cumbersome. Remembering that you bought 37 Marksmanship pre-max and then 123 post-max was my chief point. Overtime, without writing it down or memorizing 37, you may think it was 27, 57, maybe it was 73? 

The Hustle Points spent chart gives totals of all the stats you've purchased. And that works great for every other skill except Marksmanship. It'd be neato to reset that, then glance there for the precise/accurate number of purchased pew pews.

Anyways, it's pretty much a non-issue now as the answer to my own troubles was hiding in plain sight (Tyki's suggestion). Not the best answer, but still acceptable. 

Report Post Tip

Stat totals 

Qty          stat

15             marksmanship 

Feature is already there, no?

Report Post Tip
Scousepole How many of those 15 were spent before you were maxed?
Report Post Tip

Well that would be telling wouldn't it. Not information I'd freely give. But I get what you're trying to ask, however, I know the answer because I know how to track being maxed or not.

Like we all have done for years.  The game doesn't have a feature and never has that pops up to say "well done G you're now maxed" it's. The owness has always been on the end user to figure that out and track it. This is and should not be any different. 

Anyone that is anyone that actively shoots. This shouldn't an issue at all. 

Report Post Tip

The game does have an indicator of being maxed...maybe not necessarily an NPC mob mail or a flashing personal, but we know when we're maxed nonetheless, regardless of a random answer roll or a well known answer set.

This isn't about experience or knowledge of how to count shots, it's simply a QoL request.

Report Post Tip

To not sound mean....I agree with the spirit of the responses above....part of this journey is the learning, the little tricks the knowledge the experience - these can't be obtained by click click. Make yourself a person that matters in a crew and all will be revealed....

You are a shooter? You need maths....simple....harsh but many years down the line fair, you learn your way by being a part of this crazy thing and sometimes it takes effort. Not meant to be disrespecful at all.....a nice easy how much is my gun worth does not belong to a great gun holder in my humble view....

Report Post Tip

The only thing I'd say is based on the responses here, you're missing the forest for the trees. People can both know how to calculate their gun and wish they could manipulate the hustle stats page. There is no trick or secret sauce to calculating your gun stat, and at this point in MR's existence you can assume that a large majority of the player base has 10+ years hanging around this thing. As for your last sentence - maybe you completely misunderstood. The ask isn't for a tally of a gun, it's to literally hit the reset button on the tracked hustle stats. I calculate my gun accurately every single time, but after a long week of work or a failure to routinely submit a SR, it's easy to forget how many HPs were spent pre-max. 

No hard feelings whatsoever, we can agree to disagree. I'm a big girl (7'0 actually) and I realize that I am of a different opinion, though I honestly didn't expect it.

Report Post Tip

Hi Duncan - thinking your reply was to mine? I have no issue at all with not agreeing the world would be a boring place if we all thought the same for sure. Regarding the HP in my mid it a x number that is fixed once you max so you hustle hustle get maxed see the total is say 21 HP and your total in the total minus in this case 21.....just seems easy to do for those that are checking all the time when they are maxed and I guess for most that are training or wanting to be a shooter that is pretty much all the time. No tricks or secrets indeed however for those newer to these shores it requires a family to help them to understand what being maxed is and how to know when you are. In characters where I was training a gun same as you I just delete all pre maxing to keep a running total, it's not quite that easy / neat on hustle but my point was only it is a fixed figure that you just minus off....MORE IMPORTANTLY.......7ft.....yikes!!!!

Runs away and hides....

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Personally the easiest way I find to track it is thus. I need 30 kills to max. So after 3 months (yes I'm a slow poke when it comes to shooting) I have 16 BG Wounds, 35 Kills and 17 Hustle points spent. So I delete the 16 BG wounds, dropping me to 26 kills to max. And delete 26 of the Kills, leaving me with 9 Kills and 17 hustle points for a total of 26 Kills over Max. No issues going forward on what was before and what was after.

Report Post Tip

If you dont want to remember or write down the hustles you used before max then this is the easiest way.

Say you used 20 hustles before max. What you do is, like normal, get maxed and clear your kills and bg kills. Then wait till you get 20 kills and then delete those 20 kills as well. From that point on, you can count all hustles you spent on marksmanship as post max hustles.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

That's the most goodest idea Sam

Report Post Tip

I'll happily second that top result right there Sam! Way to resolve a thread!! Nice.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Track Marksmanship Hustle Points More Efficiently
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL