Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 21:24:33
Page:  1 
The true ghost of L.A. Started by: Apparition on Jun 08, '21 02:00
In a former life, she had been known to talk a little bit too much. Say the wrong thing, or speak to the wrong person. But she had learned her lesson, oh that she had. In death Apparition had learned the value of silence, how it could force unease, cause secrets to spill and generally allow for a peaceful life, and a second chance. Apparition had died young, her usually handsome face held a hint of youth, but not today. Today the lines were worn into her visage and she looked every bit of the two-hundred and something years she claimed to be.

Floating to the streets, BrandonHeat shook chains menacingly, as Apparition did not have the energy to pull out her usual tricks to scare, tease or impress the masses. It had been a long week, the day longer still, and wasn't done yet. Around the petite form the color of the world was being pulled away, leaving a grey outline with faint streaks of what the world should be. At her side, walked Shadow who didn't fade away, or lose color, as true darkeness could not lose color.

Floating to a place where people would be able to see and hear her, she took a deep breath and while BrandonHeat distracted with the eerie sounds of a single white male following a female at night, she started to grow until she was towering over the crowds, so even those in the back riding atop bears would be able to see and hear the Crew Leader. With a motion to her Right Hand, with her left hand, the rattling stopped and a hush took over the crowd and darkness began to spread, the color being leeched out of the surroundings just as the started to pick up and howl.

"This is not the first time you've seen me on these streets, explaining my actions to you." she said to the crowd, her voice intimidatingly loud, filling the space and causing people to shuffle nervously where they stood. "Los Angeles was created on the dreams of those leading, not only in California but across the nation. But dreams do not line our coffers or keep our bellies full, hard work and dedication is still required."

The wind faded slightly, to ensure that all the people gathered would hear her clearly and there would be no mincing of words or confusion, unless they were an absolute idiot, but that seemed more like a them problem, than a her problem. She smiled slightly at Shadow to the left of her, before continuing.

"Don Genovese was a man with a dream, but in a world of dreamers you still have to prove that you are willing to work for it. You can not have things handed to you on a silver platter, whilst women with good angles and lighting feed you grapes and calzones upon your perch." she slapped her hand against her thigh to emphasise the next work, "No!" she said, voice cracking like a whip across the sky. "This is not the world that I want, this is not the Los Angeles that Don Shadow nor myself, envisioned. From the smallest Petty Thief to the Godfather Chairman himself, we expect people to do what needs to be done, and Don Genovese has not."

She stood there silently, watching the crowd and observing the reactions of the men. Time passed, the silence grew. A murmur started to ripple through the bodies, but before it got louder Apparition spoke again. "It is hard to trust a man to have your back, when he won't even say hello to your face, and Los Angeles, the Genovese Crime Family, and this world, we deserve better than that." she said matter of factly.

"Because of Don Genovese's death, I will be moving the Cult to the Center of Downtown Los Angeles, with BrandonHeat at my side. Who you may agree at this point, has more than proved himself to be the same outstanding employee that his father was." she said locking eyes with the man who had spoken about her previously. "The good thing about dreams is they are never ending, and thus to ensure our city can prosper and grow, and no one who calls it home feels forced away, Typhon will be setting up in Pasadena over the next few days."

"Please give The Genovese Crime Family time to find new homes, and understand that this was done for the betterment of Los Angeles, because this town only has room for one ghost, and I'm floating right here." she said finally.
Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Typhon was an old man at this point, it wasn't until Apparition dragged him out of his tavern and gave him a chance at a second life that he realized what he could become. They had been in talks a few times prior to his past CL disappearing from the Earth but nothing substantial until the move to LA.

As events were set to unfold Apparition had asked him if he would set up shop and become a Leader to help him build Los Angeles, being as old as Typhon was he was hesitant, an old fossil with no contacts until an old pal resurfaced in his life. With the help of a few old friends he would help rebuild Pasadena to what Apparition had wanted.

He was never more grateful to Apparition for putting all her belief in him to be a part of her future and he would never forget it.

Report Post Tip

PilotPhil had landed his plane after a flight that was as useless as it was eventful. Soon after being airborne, AirHostess_Avril had started serving snacks and drinks to the passengers as EVIP Velvet was invited into PilotPhil's cockpit to enjoy what they'd call a captain's dinner if unfortunate circumstances would force PilotPhil to land his Phil Airlines Plane on water. Velvet had become the very first to reach the status of Extremely Very Important Passenger and Phil fancied celebrating with her. Phil had hardly started eating when Avril knocked on the locked cockpit door..

Air madness? Phil mumbled

PilotPhil got up from his knees and unlocked the door. Avril barged in and explained what had happened to Ratatoskr and why on earth he would be intolerant to the just served hazelnut soup. But PilotPhil was a man of values, so he would neither interfere in the personal issues of Ratatoskr, nor question the size of his testicles, and informed all passengers that he would turn around and land on the airport he just took off from. He excused Velvet for the unfulfilling journey, grabbed the steering stick and turned back. It wasn't long before another Phil Airlines flight landed safely on an airport noone expected it to land on well ahead of any unexisting scheduled time.

Being a decentish flight captain, PilotPhil was the first to get off the plane. And when he did hit the Streets, he noticed some people from Los Angeles had gathered and the lovely Apparition started speaking on Genovese's death. The speech seemed very sincere and Phil wouldn't be Phil if Phil (of Phil Airlines) wouldn't step forward to share his view.

Hi..

PilotPhil checked his uniform and then looked up

Thank you for your blatant honesty, don Apparition. Although I am terribly sad that our world will now be one without Genovese, you have both done what you felt what was needed as well as explained why you have in public. It's great for us, the people and pilots, to have an insight into the thought of our leadership. Also, I very much respect that you resolved what you thought was the problem without any further bloodshed.

Keeping his reaction short, PilotPhil smiled at Apparition and Shadow and then realized he couldn't resist to advertise a tiny bit

..I hope the members of late Genovese will safely find their ways to new homes and I am happy to fly them to any of Phil Airlines's closest destinations..

With a tempered voice, Phil added

as long as they pay, of course.. We can't all be EVIPs, after all.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I had too look through my mothers journal because something about the reason that Genovese was taken out didn't sit right with me and the memories she had of the city. I pinpointed this unsettling feeling, and it was rooted in hypocrisy. 

"It is hard to trust a man to have your back, when he won't even say hello to your face, and Los Angeles, the Genovese Crime Family, and this world, we deserve better than that." she said matter of factly.

The hypocrisy of it is that Los Angeles is dead as far anyone communicating within the city with each other.

The very chat hall for the entire city  is so quiet most hours of most days that you can hear a pin drop.

Crews maybe communicating within their chat halls, but the main chat hall is definitely lacking in communication all around.   Also who did you ask within his crew to see if he was communicating with them or not? It wasn't all the members or associates, I know this as a fact.    Furthermore, you should have taken out his hands for the very reason you took him out, as they communicated just as much as he did. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $540,000 Tip
Evening, Apparition.

Oh boy, you probably figured I'd have a thing or two to say.

And to that, I'd say you're right. I mean, I was special enough to get my own reference within your speech!

I bow. I bow.

But the side note isn't why we're here today. My stance is still set on my personal thought of that topic. And I, sir, am not one of dead's ancestors here to bitch and complain.

I'd like to start off by saying, thank you.

I respect any man who has to pull the trigger of his gun and come before us to explain his actions. Tip my hat to in that retrospective. It's not the easy thing to do.

And if you felt Geno was spending too much time in Italy and there was a lack of communication, then it's hard for anyone to argue that, given the size of the city.

And if you haven't been giving the effort to communicate with Geno, then I guess? Communication is a two way street. It takes two to tango. You felt there should be change in your city, and there isn't much to be disputed with that. Sometimes people just don't fit into the puzzle to form the bigger picture.

Can't argue any of that. If someone seems rough around the edges to do business with for the future of the city, there's a decision to be made. A tough one.

And for the record, some cheap asshole sent me a hundred thousand dollars wanting me to asking you about your upcoming auth. Hiding behind an anonymous mask and apparently too scared to come out here to ask you themselves. Yes, cheap fuck only sent me a hundred thousand.

Don't need early morning packages from the peanut gallery, but the question came to me as well, I just have the gonads to address it.

But you killed a man for his lack of involvement recently in this country and plan to replace him with someone who questionably has less involvement in this country?

I wish nothing but the best for Typhoon and his future endeavors, but I lack the sense to comprehend that being one of your reasons for removing Geno, you're replacing him with someone who seems to fall short of Geno's overall involvement in this country. That, I don't understand.
Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $420,001 Tip
More like moving to the funeral home. It’s a true shame to see a great man with value and honor go because he had affairs in Italy to stay on top of.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The true ghost of L.A.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL