Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 19:29:03
Page:  1 
HELP NEEDED: A more permanent memorial. Started by: Squishy on Jun 10, '21 05:18
When a user passes away often we dedicate a jail to be named after them, however there is always a limited number of city jails and it pains me to ever have to remove someone and likewise if they were in a city that is no longer active.

I would like to get named BG avatars created in their honor, this way there is no limit to the number that we can have.

So I asked our community if anyone has any pictures of some of our fallen players. I would love to get some new artwork made up to include them in the named BG avatars so they are always around and interacting in our community.

I would appreciate if anyone could check their archives and forward any good pictures to izzycreamcheese@mafiareturns.com that would work for our artist as a BG Avatar, and include some of their famous names in the subject.

Also if you can, throw a post in here to let me know some have been sent so that between all of us we can make sure everybody is represented.

Thank you all for your time.
Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $140,000 Tip
Absolutely love this idea. 👍
Report Post Tip

I love the idea. For sure a great way to mark the fallen RL. My only reservation is on a RL pic.....I think considering this is a game at the end of the day I wonder how family / close friends might feel about that is all....a very difficult time and people react in very different and unique ways, whilst it might be good for those that knew personally I feel great idea but maybe respectfully use a suit from the game they were well known by as a compromise whilst still staying true to the very sincere sentiment wanted from the action....

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Just to make sure we are on the same wavelength, this would be an artists drawn avatar in the style of the named bodyguard avatars, the pic is just for reference for the artist to draw it.

Report Post Tip

Thanks for the clarity Squishy, would be interesting to hear from those who were closer, I do know of and spoke in passing to so don't feel I am in a position to allow a view that way really....the jails are nice as it is name that means something to those that know / knew....A picture and an interpretation of a picture I just wonder is all.....it is a very personal acknowledgement. Like I say I have no real right to take a view except just to highlight that balance between respectful memory and a picture interpreting the actual person. As such I will respectfully hand over any further communications to those that knew them best here. I do think it is a geat work around though to the limited jails to remember so big brilliant suggestion from me on that...

Report Post Tip

*big thumbs up on the brilliant suggestion from me

Report Post Tip

Amazing idea, very lovely of you to do this!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I had a picture of Will-C many years ago, but it was lost when the computer crashed. I wonder if JesseJames or anyone else has one?  For me, this place hasn't been the same since his tragic passing. Since the NY jail is no longer named after him, I would love it if there was a way he could still be remembered and honored.

Report Post Tip

I don't have any pictures but can we make sure WillC get's inculded. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Someone once suggested that the RP NPCs should be named on the fallen one's behalf.

Drug dealers, FBN director, undertaker, warden etc, from the drugs page and tips.

But certainly we need a permanent way to remember our dear community.

All ideas are good!

Report Post Tip

There are a few of us who have passed on whosr anonimity and privicy means that they never revealed real life pictures of themselves to people, such as Michelle/Silk. However I should be able to provide a Picture for Kev.

Report Post Tip
Marcos FB legacy page is still active. Someone could reach out and ask the family’s permission.
Report Post Tip

^^ said I wouldn't comment again but totally agree with getting family permission or at least making contact. It is a very personal thing....I know it isn't the same but at weddings when they have the artists that do caricatues of guests some love it and laugh along and others really hate it and feel hurt or upset...I think names is proper to remember used in some or any of the ways suggested here is wonderful and quite traditional for the game too. I am just a bit unsure of the whole picture thing on a number of levels...

Report Post Tip

I really feel like you are over thinking it a bit hardon-withasuitcase.  Also feeling upset or hurt over a caricatures is weird.  I'll give permission for anyone who has a picture of Marlboro to do so! Share away

Report Post Tip

Perhaps I am - on a personal note I don't believe my friends or family would like an interpretation of me by an artist on a game is all....a name to ref the memory of yes its respectful. Each to their own. I will advise those that felt uncomfortable with their caricurtures that they are weird too. I just think an interpretation of a real person is slightly awkward that's all. Def think something should be done though. I agree about family maybe being involved perhaps....FB etc you expect picture shares etc this isn't FB though. Anyway I hope whatever is decided it is respectful and tastefully done with everyones very best of intentions from all here to remember someone lost. 

Report Post Tip
As an addition to this, could we create a ‘In Memory Of’ page for players that have passed. Their avatars could be shown there with their alias.
Report Post Tip

very cool idea 

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: HELP NEEDED: A more permanent memorial.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL