Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 22:53:13
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Return to The 8 Cities Started by: Gates on Jun 11, '21 23:23

I think anyone who has been here since before we brought in the district system will tell you this place has become less and less active over the years. I'm not blaming this on the system, but more so saying that it could be a contributor. I think if we brought the game down in scale it would boost activity and make crews feel more lively, it would also centralize activity to bring more coordination and cooperation within families. Because instead of being spread out into 3-6 crews among a city. We can go back to having cities expand as they truly need to.

I think we could benefit from leaving the district in the game for the purpose of micro-transactions that added alot to the game, and because I think it makes the wars a little more interesting. But this is one mans opinion. What would everyone else think about returning to the old way, do you think it would make more activity or do you think it would have an opposite affect since there won't be so many positions at the top? 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

It's not about positions for me but bloodlines, the stories and histories of each city. I survived wars in specific cities, it would be weird to remove cities. 

The cities I remembered were:

Detroit

Philadelphia 

New York

Los Angeles

Las Vegas

Chicago

Delaware

Wasn't there a city in the south? New Orleans? 

Wait, where I am again?

shakes head. 

Detroit was fun. 

Report Post Tip

Yes New Orleans, St. Louis, Seattle, Boston and I’m sure others have been in the game at some point. I’m not advocating to remove any of our current cities, I wouldn’t mind seeing New Orleans and another southern city added, to round out the country. 

Report Post Tip
I truly think we don’t have the player base for 8 cities . It’s hard to fill up the cities we have now at 6. Even though some cities may look full it’s a shit tom of IA people laying around . I honestly think we good with 6 .
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I see I may not have explained what I had meant in my initial post very well. What I am suggesting is instead of having 18 districts to fill with crew leaders, we go to just the 8 cities. How it was in the old days, leaders no longer fill the districts they fill the cities.

But district would still be retained as part of the game, in the micro dealing. So they still serve a function, I hope this better explained what I had initially meant.

Report Post Tip
Much better explained my friend . Yes the game should go back to the 8 cities back to 8 Godfather having 18 godfathers is just ridiculous. Knowing this game and knowing how people don’t like change . It’s sad honestly I am for one for this change ! I know the majority isn’t . Great input you have my Plus 1
Report Post Tip

Ive always been an advocate for the original cities. Although i believe the districts is to do with updates planned for V2

Report Post Tip

I didn't play before the release of districts, but I'm in agreement that we should have no districts and less Godfathers. I agree we need to have some form of districts so we can still do micro drug deals, but I think each city should only have the one district as far as crews and Godfathers are concerned.

Perhaps part of the reason we have districts is so people can move around during wars/rogues when taking shots. So even if we had 9 or 12 cities, all with just 1 district. That'll still give space for up to 9 or 12 Godfathers which I think is plentiful. We could put 3 or 4 on each coast and have a smaller flight timer between them - maybe 30 mins or an hour or something - meaning there's still some diversity during times of war/rogue and we're not all just stuck in a few places.

In any case, I think the number of cities we should have and how the flight between them works matters less. I agree with the suggestion that we do away with districts and just have cities.

Perhaps there some other reason(s) we have the districts that none of us are addressing. Would love to hear more feedback because most people I speak to agree we should not have districts and just have cities.

Report Post Tip

Right now it is an open canvas allowing the cities to operate how they wish.  The players can decide to have 1 GF for the entire site, or one GF per city, or 1 GF per district, or any hybrid they wish.

To me it makes more sense to allow the users to decide which way they want to run it - also while maintaining the ability to have full 160 jails, cat and mouse chasing targets during wars, as well as micro drug deals.

To narrow the options via code ends up causing issues since not every regime/crew is homogeneous.  The way we have now can fit many situations as opposed to just the one.

Report Post Tip

I see.

I understand players could just as easily choose not to take Godfather in the 2 extra districts but naturally all the players want to see their friends make Godfather and it'd be nothing short of foolish for one city not to take on the wackstat and defence boost that comes from taking GF while the other cities make use of it. I don't think anyone from the community would ever choose to hinder themselves like that, and rightly so.

But I understand what you're saying, districts are here to stay. Thanks for taking the time to explain it to us. :)

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Return to The 8 Cities
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL