Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 20:58:35
Page:  1 
New horizons with a Velvet lining Started by: Ghostbuster on Jun 13, '21 10:39

Carrying in the breakfast, the waiters showed a slight tension on their faces. The hotel on Olive Street, across the Amphitheater, had an unusual clientele this Sunday morning, which the manager had welcomed with mixed feelings. The merry bunch was generous and started tipping randomly, even before a single order had been served. But it didn’t go unnoticed that some of them were carrying weapons and the bunch that stayed outside was obviously on high alert, despite pretending to casually take in the sunshine.

“A moment please, my dearest ladies and gentlemen.” It sounded over the happy voices at the large tables in the dining hall. Ghostbuster rose and looked around, waiting for the chatter to subdue before continuing.

“We did it. Los Angeles has been brought under our control and that’s worth a celebration. We all know the strategic importance for this city to our international import, funding our organisations in the east. For a while now we saw that our influence in the region was slipping. Thugs ran things in a sloppy manner causing law enforcement to act up and hurt our business.”

“Today we celebrate our victory over chaos. Tomorrow our challenge starts to bring prosperity once more to this region. And who else to lead us in that effort than our one-and-only Velvet! Godmother of Downtown, City of Angels. Your new home!”

John_DiFronzo rose to his feet the fastest of them all. Others quickly followed in applause and cheers.
Rocka motioned for the waiters to bring in champagne, regardless of the early hour.

“In this often dark world, we are grateful to be led by such a delightful and vibrant woman. In her time Velvet proved to be deserving the opportunity to bring things around for Los Angeles. Her ascend to the position of Godmother is both reward for what was and promise for better things yet to come. To that, the first step for a better tomorrow has been set and we should also celebrate NicholasGrimwood for expanding our operations. In him we recognise the drive and approach that is in line with our success and purpose.”

After another round of applause, Ghostbuster wrapped things up and let the festivities continue for the people who had deserved the time to celebrate and enjoy this new beginning under the western sun. 

“We also like to congratulate Chong and Admiral, who are organising things with efficiency in other districts. With our joint efforts this city is ready for the future. It is ready for you. Seize that opportunity. Make us proud!“

Report Post Tips: 33 / Total: $1,140,000 Tip

Stands and raises my glass "A toast to Velvet... While there have been godfathers before you, there may be godfathers after you... by damn there'll never be another like you... as much shit as I give you and as much as I frustrate you and keep you low on cash with the amount of aspirin that you have to keep stocked up on when dealing with me... I couldn't be more proud of the leader you've become, yes there has been teething issues and mistakes made as you've come along... But you've survived, learned, adapted and most importantly grown... I look forward to what the future hold for yourself and this crew as we take this city into the future..." Raises my glass and takes a drink from it before placing it down and signalling the waitress to bring me my whiskey

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip
Asher in his old age barely leaves his smoking chair that is positioned perfectly to get an outstanding view of the large Oak tree in the garden at his residency.

After Negotiating the transfer of Velvet to Downtown LA he was invited by Ghostbuster to celebrate the crowning or Godmother Velvet

Asher once again dusts off an old Tuxedo and makes his way to the west cost, a long 12 hour flight. He thinks to himself that he won’t have many more of these left in him.

He arrives just in time to catch Ghostbusters speech and then gets everyone’s attention and prepares himself to talk “Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to start off by congratulating Velvet, this is a huge achievement, one that has been the pinnacle of this thing of ours. I have seen a lot of gangster come and go in my time on this earth, but I have been amazed at how a new person can walk into these streets and grind and work the way up. You are a great example of what can be achieved by none other than hard work and building new relationships. Thank you for being a huge supporter and helping Philly develop into the great city it is today. Lastly I know you will do me proud and make LA truly great again”

Asher then steps down to give his friends a big hug before joining the celebration.
Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Joseph feels out of place here. He has come far in the family but is still not a high ranking member. Just high enough to be admitted to the party but not so high as to have much place in the decisions made. At least he wasn't one of the poor schmucks who had to stand guard outside.

He nurses his drink and wears a fine suit he 'liberated' from a recent shipment. The role of mobster had come easily enough to him and he couldn't picture himself anywhere else now. And it was in large part due to Velvet and her willingness to take a chance on him.

When the announcements were made he cheered as loud as any. This move to Los Angeles had taken him by surprise but he could already see how it was going to profit the family. For now though he would mingle at the edges of the crowd and try to make contacts. This wasn't his day, not yet anyway. He cast an envious look at the ranking members of the family and promised himself that he would be there one day in his turn.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

It had been great for Phil Airlines business. The weekly direct flight from Philadelphia to Los Angeles suddenly was fully booked and there was enough demand for PilotPhil to fill another.

As if gifted from above, PilotPhil had just recruited a new aviation-fanatic. Marasuxi had shown proper interest in the industry, had outed his willingness to fly and most of all, had been sucking up to PilotPhil well in the interview, so Phil decided to hand not only the keys to the Phil Airlines HQ and a pass to the Mile High Club VIP sextion, but also the keys to a plane, in which he could transport either Velvet's members or people that were to attend the party.

PilotPhil listed to Ghostbuster, Rocka and Asher and nodded. People cheered and PilotPhil decided to pat the man standing next to him, Joseph_Balzano, on the back. 

She earned it, did she not? Phil said to him, before he brought out a public toast

Lovely and wonderful Velvet..

What an honour to see you here, leading this city to reconstruction. I have been very impressed and am convinced you will impress me more in the time to come. I will never forget your internship at Phil Airlines, you brought me the best roast beef meals a pilot could ever want, and although I was somehow saddened that you did not choose to stay under me..

Phil cleared his throat

I mean, at Phil Airlines.. I totally understand they chose you to lead the city of Angels. I have more confidence in you than in my own planes..

PilotPhil mumbled

Which in itself doesn't really say much..

He raised his voice again, lifting his glass of champagne

Here's to you staying you and you staying great! Congratulations! I am proud of you and happy for you!

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $160,000 Tip

Yanny had finally made it to her good friend Velvet's celebration. There was much to celebrate in the great City of Angels. With two bottle of the best champagne in her purse she thanked her driver with a hefty tip. She also wanted to be sure he was there waiting for her when it was time to leave.

Godfa(mo)ther Velvet, I am so happy to be here to see you reach the rank of not only Godfather, but GFC. You have worked your tail off to get where you are. When my Grandmother first arrived in Philly,  you were there to greet her and make sure she was taken care of. That meant a lot to her and I can only imagine you treated many others with that same level of respect and concern. You deserve this rank an opportunity so much and I am fortunate to see you accomplish your goals. We miss you in Philly but it's amazing to see you flying high in Los Angeles.

I would also like to address NicholasGrimwood on his new role and HQ. Nicholas, I am so pleased to see you get this opportunity. You have been a huge part of South Philly since you arrived a fresh thug looking for work. You were instrumental in the forming of The Ballroom and worked hard in the early days of Rosenthal. To see your hard work pay off in a way that you've now set up your own operation under Velvet's leadershp is proof that working hard and making a name for yourself does pay off and lead to great rewards.

This is indeed a great time for Los Angeles to flourish and grow. I can't wait to see what you all do with your city. Now I have a reason to visit more frequently. 

Yanny takes the bottles of champagne from her purse and respectfully hands the first to GFC Velvet, and the other to Doctor Grimwood. She hugs both respectively before making her wat to the bar for a drink.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Nicholas had his driver drop him outside the hotel doors, his fine white leather shoes grinding the pavement as he stepped from the vehicle. Wearing a black suit with a white vest, he brushes the wrinkles from his attire as he enters the hotel. Smoke trails from a large cigar, that he casually chews on as he strolls through the lobby and into the dining area. 

Drinking a whiskey quickly, while Ghostbuster gave his speech. Nicholas couldn't help but think back on how far he had come. From humble beginnings, to where he stood now, in this very room and with these very people. Life had changed a lot since then, mostly for the better. Nicholas raises his glass in a toast.

"I'd like to say first. That I'm happy to see all you amazing people under one roof, on this sunny L.A day. Celebrating the joyous occasion, of Godmother Velvet's induction to head chairman of the City of Angeles. Today we give thanks for life's trials, and tribulations. Not for the struggles they bring us, but the character they build, and how they make us the strong people we are today. I couldn't have been so lucky, had I not been given the chance to grow and flourish under your guidance. I'm glad to see you exactly where you need to be, making L.A. the greatest city it can be."

"You've taken a position most people will never see in their lifetime and that's not something to be overlooked. That's why it warms my heart to congratulate you, on this honorable day of yours. Seeing you take this position fills me with hope, hope for a future of prosperity and longevity on the streets. I'm honored to not only share a city with you but, to also call you a friend."

I'd also just like a quick second, to say thank you for the honorable mentions. They mean the world me and I wouldn't be here had it not been for all of you. I look forward to catching up with everyone once the festivities begin. So, here's to wishing you all a long and fruitful life in the future years to come.         SALUTE!!"

With that said, he knocks back the rest of his drink to prepare for the night.

John Stand's up From his Table wearing his Falcone Brand 3 piece Red Suit Tugging down on his tie https://www.suitusa.com/tuxedos/24062?gclid=CjwKCAjwwqaGBhBKEiwAMk-FtOq9aMB-uX-5o-ZHufP7F6xhgPlOX7yuKa32tiFff3o5mNBPaoCWERoCAEkQAvD_BwEBefore Clearing his Throat While Tapping the Handle of his spoon on his Glass "Ladies and Gentlemen May I Make a toast to Godmother Velvet  

Looking around the Dining hall at The member's of Rosenthal that he served with Nodding to them with a smile "Congratulations Thank you For Giving me a Chance in this life of our's Guiding me Showing me the way of life 

Holding his glass up in the air with a smile  "Philly root's with LA sunburn Here's to a bright future Godmother Velvet Salute!! 

taking a drink as he spot's  Joseph_Balzano standing in the crowd John Make's his way thru the crowd approaching Joseph with a smile  Standing next to him

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Fernando showed up fashionably late but it was a reason for it, he had hijacked a truck full of whiskey in Chicago and he hadn't really thought this through very well. So he ended up driving the the truck from Chicago to Los Angeles, after god knows how long of driving he finally arrived. He parked the truck and even had stopped somewhere to get the biggest bow you could find, which he wrapped around the truck.

He chuckled and thought to himself, "That'll do the trick."  He walks in and past the crowd before making his way up to the new Godfather, or well Godmother probably was the more appropriate name. He gave Velvet a big hug and smiled.

"I got a gift for you out back my friend, congratulations by the way."

As he walks towards the crowd of people he laughs a little.

"Hopefully it's not too much."

Resting her hand on Ghostbuster‘s shoulder as she listened intently to his words, pride washed over her face exhaling deeply, her eyes glanced at the array of people who blanching slightly, the people before her were not only friends, but family.

With a wine in hand, the nerves she originally had pooling before taking ownership of Godfather Chairman of Downtown Los Angeles dissipated. Her eyes began to water as her kind words were flowing freely from not only two of the men, she trusted her life Ghostbuster and Rocka with but her own Godfather Father Chairman of Old City District whom took her in as wide-eyed thug many moons ago Asher, bowing her head in respect as he spoke her arms curled around Ghost and Rocka’s back whilst listening to Asher’s praise, a grin spread across her face as she was left slightly speechless.

Embracing the hug of Asher ensuring not to squeeze him too hard she whispered “I Couldn’t have done this without your guidance Asherbefore releasing him to engage in the party and surely take a seat. The Twelve-hour flight must’ve knocked him about.

Her eyes fell on Joseph_Balzano nestled in the rear wall, admiring the people in the room, knowing she had to make her way around the room shortly, however the people kept flowing, faces whom she had not seen in what feels like a life time embarked on the journey to LA to wish her congratulations on her achievement.

Giving PilotPhil an appreciative nod as he took the microphone discussing her internship at his airlines, reminiscing the turbulence in the cockpit, amongst meals they shared after landing successfully thankfully stifling a chuckle as her cheeks began to flush unsure if it was the alcohol, raising her glass as he toasted taking a longer sip embracing the flavours. “Thank you my dear! I am sure Airhostess_Avril will be happy to pick up those extra… shifts, besides Imma need your VIP service on a frequent now on!”

The congratulations still came a flow of no other than Yanny whom time and time again pushed her harder in her hustle, furthering her growth. The warm words humbled her greatly, appreciatively accepting the bottle of wine before fulling the woman in for a firm hug “Your Grandmother was my inspiration, I am so grateful to have stumbled into her on the streets, you are aspiring to be her, that blood runs deep! I look forward to welcoming you to LA anytime you visit” Velvet giggled as she released Yanny for the hug with her arms outstretched tapping her on the shoulder smiling warmly “Thank you”

Feeling the slight warm freeze hit the room only to be met by the sight of NicholasGrimwood  looking dapper as ever. His speech warmed her heart, acknowledging the growth the man had achieved in a short time under her wing, knowing Belle laid the best foundations for the man, Velvet just watered them and ensured he grew to be the man he became with a family of his own to mold. Such as John_DiFronzo whom she had the pleasure of guiding earlier in his career, knowing he was in more than capable hands to mentor him through this life we call ours. Dressed to impress as always made her smile grow, something she wasn’t able to wash off it seems most of the night.

Salute!” she raised her almost empty glass before knocking the remainder back.

Glancing around ready to hit the front of the room to give a speech a friend made his way over giving his congratulations “Aw Fernando you didn’t need to get me anything but thank you!”  giving the man a brief hug before he took off into the crowd.

Grabbing a tumbler filled with whiskey as a waitress walked past her upon clearing her throat to speak in front of the crowd of family before her.

“Thank you all for your kind words, I am truly taken back and humbled, It’s been a long journey, I never dreamed in this life I would have the opportunity to stand here before you all I Look forward to working with the other Godfathers of Los Angeles”  eyeing her tumbler resisting the urge to take a sip, a smirk forced on her face as she turned to Ghostbuster and Rocka giving them a nod

Ghostbuster I could not have achieved this without your wealth of knowledge, guidance upon Godfather Asher allowing me to set up beside him, I am sure a few of our HQ meetings I may have witnessed a few temple rubs, similar to those Rocka causes me, You truly are a one of a kind and I will be forever thankful to having you beside me and look forward to hitting the sunny streets of LA with you”  her tone warm, her eyes slightly crinkled as she raised her tumbler.

Rocka while I am sure most question how I have not backhanded you with brass knuckles yet, they don’t know how many times you’ve caught me when I’ve stumbled, praised me with each time I have succeeded and given me a solid kick up the ass when needed, I am honored to have you beside me as well as call you family, I am sure your friend would be proud of the man you have become, now here is to you being bloody amazing!”  stifling a chuckle, her eyes panned Godfather Asher as she sighed in attempts to calm her nerves.

“Godfather Asher, where do I start? If it weren’t for your guidance throughout my early days I am not sure where I would have washed up, you have patience of a saint along with an encyclopedia for a brain I am sure, You can ease up on the whiskey now” shooting him a wink with her known mischievous smirk before bowing in respect, turning slightly in the direction of Nicholas.

NicholasGrimwood Your growth from when you were with Godmother Belle, god rest her soul, is unbelievable, your drive and loyalty are second to none, I know you will guide your crew to greatness with Zhenya by your side, Joseph_Balzano and John_DiFronzo, have the same drive as you and I know you’ll push them along with your knowledge and drive, it’s an honor to have you set up beside me”  raising her tumbler once more

“To new Horizons ahead filled with new challenges and new friends!”  bringing the tumbler back to her lips allowing the caramel liquor to run down her throat embracing the flavors “Here’s to the rest of the evening! Enjoy”

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip

Jimmy approached the newly crowned Godfather Chairman and bowed respectfully. 

"You have worked hard to come to this point and I could think of no one more deserving. It has been an honor working with you and it is with pride that I now reside in your city. Congratulations. 

Jimmy raised his glass toward Velvet "Salud" Taking a sip of his scotch Jimmy took a slight step back to allow the Godfather the opportunity to continue to mingle. 

Raising her tumbler to Jimmy sipping slowly on the caramel smooth goodness, 

"Salude!" The effects of the alcohol starting to add rose to her cheeks.

"Jimmy_The_Hand as always nothin short of a pleasure working with ya!"

Report Post Tip

Joseph was surprised to have been mentioned in the same breath as some of the folks in this room. Velvet's acknowledgement made him smile and feel like he truly belonged here. This was what family felt like and he liked the feel of it. Raising his glass to Velvet he echoed the toasts offered by others. He didn't feel confident enough yet to offer anything of his own but he was getting there.

"She is really something, eh?" he said in a low voice to whomever might be standing nearest. "I'm glad fate brought me to the family...and that you all were willing to have me here."

John Pat's Joseph shoulder while taking a swig of his drink "We are happy to have you with us Joseph You're a Young strong Cungine 

One day it will be you're day 

Rembrant is leaning against a wall in the corner watching Velvet make her speech.  She has an odd sense of deja vu but brushes it off as she steps toward the new Godmother of LA.  She waits quietly as people pay their respects and quickly moves in when she sees the chance.

"Congratulations Velvet!  This has been a wonderful journey with you and the family and I simply could not be prouder to call you Godmother"  She lifts Velvet's hand and gently kisses her ring.  She looks up breaking into a playful grin "You got him square in the eye huh?  Damn you are good!"  She laughs.

Rembrant gracefully steps back into the crowd  which is filled with the best of the best, legends, that she has heard endless nights around the HQ campfire about.  She grabs some champagne and works the room, looking for familiar faces.

Making her way to her young associates whom now run with NicholasGrimwood  soothing out her best dress suit linking her arms around their shoulders as they have a brief chat between themselves "It's awesome seeing you both here John_DiFronzo and Joseph_Balzano, I just wanted to say keep up the solid effort you are both doin', ya have some spunk bout yas thats for sure... Glad to have yas here in LA, keep bustin balls.."  waving a waitress over with a tray full of light caramel coloured  tumblers, stepping towards the dark haired beauty grabbing two tumblers handing it to the gentleman.

"Cheers to family.."  before bringing her own tumbler to her lips enjoying it's warmth.

Hearing a familiar voice behind her giving her congratulations, turning on her heel to be met by no other than Rembrant the woman who once slept on the HQ lounge with minimal conversation till trust was earnt, erupted from her cocoon into a bomb ass bomb bitch who owned the streets slaughtering Durden family in every corner. Giving the woman a curt nod as she kissed her emerald ring given by no other than EthanElijahnoticing the woman grin before her cheekiness erupted to the surface  "You got him square in the eye huh?  Damn you are good!" a murthful laugh escaped her lips, leaning into the woman's ear, her voice cool "Point...fucking..blank...those brass knuckles came in handy by the way, thank you"  pulling away from the woman as she shot her a wink

Report Post Tip

John Place's his empty glass onto the tray as Godmother Velvet Hand's him and Joseph a Drink Holding it up in the air "Cheer's Family

Tapping his glass to Godmother's Velvet and Joseph Before Downing his glass as he Hear's Rembrant Congratulation Godmother Velvet 

John nod's over at Rembrant with a smile "Salute Rembrant To the bright future of our Family in LA Came a long way Glad to have such amazing Family member's to work with

Report Post Tip

ahhhh the Velvet lining, such a wonderful thing

hold on, does she realise we're doing this?  It seems intrusive otherwise?

congrat you incredible biped!

Report Post Tip

Joseph joins in the toast and smiles at John and Velvet. She has to keep working the room of course so has to leave them soon to attend to other guests. Maybe it is time that he himself also begins to work the room. With a gathering like this there were plenty of contacts to be made. A young up and coming mobster like himself needs to meet them all in due time.

Seeing how his friend John seems to be doing likewise Joseph strikes out on his own for a bit. Grabbing another drink as he goes he studies the various faces, trying to put each to a name he might have heard. Most everyone here was a legend.

"A hell of a party, isn't it?" he asked to whomever might be standing nearby. "I'm not sure LA is going to be ready for us."

Report Post Tip

John Left Rocka's Auto Shop Saying good bye to Rocka and Thanking him for getting him his Brand new Chevrolet Ad 4 door sedan With Red rim's and Red pin stripe down the middle of the body going around the window's as he pull's up to the curb on Olive Street John Sat in his car Looking over at the Hotel Reminiscing The Celebration Of LA Godmother Velvet He intended That Celebration John was so thankful for The Godmother She took him in off the street's showed him the rope's of this life of our's Teaching John Making sure John was on the right path He came a long way Under her Wing Seeing How this life work's a tear run's down his face this life will take everything from you One minute you're friend's and family is here Next minute They are gone John Look's down on his lap at the Newspaper Headline Godmother Gunned down in a Mob war Wiping his tear from his face as he move's the newspaper to the seat saying a prayer before pulling off from the Curb on Olive street as merge's into the Traffic making his way to downtown LA

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New horizons with a Velvet lining
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL