Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:37:18
Page:  1 
Mafia Trivia Bonanza! Started by: Symbiote on Jul 07, '11 23:19

Symbiote stands a front of the many respectable mafioso with an event set to get the blood of many listeners running with just a kick of excitement.

Ladies and gentlemen of our fair Mafia Returns world. I have come out here today to announce an event... a spectacular event hosted by Motor City Enterprises. The event type is not one of a kind by a long shot but the quality far surpasses many of its competitors with ease. The event I'm bringing to you is the Pinacle Mafia Returns trivia; this is promised to be the biggest trivia contest this world has seen so sit back, grab the journals and get ready for the contest.

The trivia contest will be held on IRC avenue; once the entrance fee is paid you will be given the coffee shop name and a guaranteed seat at the table. Spectators are allowed in the room but can't speak during proceedings similar to Wimbledon. The entrance fee for this event is a low price of 500k; don't worry if you don't have it now, there is still ample time before the event to get it.

The contest will be held on the evening of the 30th July 2011 just after 20:00 MR time. Please be punctual, late arrivals will not be admitted into the coffee shop. The event will consist of 100 trivia questions and 100 scrambled names to guess - the information will be be vast, so without trying to give any hints older bloodlines need to speak to newer bloodlines to see what has been going on recently, and newer bloodlines need to speak to older bloodlines to see what happened before they came. However, if you don't want to go that route the questions are varied so you can still win. Everyone is welcome, so everyone come along!

And now the prizes!

First place will win 5 Million and 30% of the takings

Second place will win 3 Milion and 20% of the takings

Third place will win 2 Million and 10% of the takings

There are also consolation prizes for ALL contestants.

If you are interested in joining please mail me with subject 'Trivia' and your IRC name with the receipt entrance fee that has been placed in my account in the body of the mail.

I look forward to seeing what everyone remembers

Report Post Tip

Tetley is enjoying a fresh cup of espresso sat outside his favourite coffee house when he hears his old shouting in the middle of the street.

That's a lot of wedge being given away, you can certainly expect me to be there.

Report Post Tip

This looks very interesting and I look forward to seeing how many people sign up to it, and what becomes of it. I will definitely be attending and I hope to see a lot of people there.

Whereas, as you've said, this isn't a new idea, the vast volume of questions and scrambled names makes it different to any trivia contest I've ever seen.

Roll on July 30th!

Report Post Tip

Personally, I think this is a great idea and I imagine it will be a spectacular event.

Forgetting the prizes that are on offer, this is a great opportunity to learn your MR history and brush up on your recent knowledge too.

Really looking forward to this, good plan.

~C~

Report Post Tip

Sounds like quite an idea. I have the memory of a goldfish, but i'm putting my full support into this. Symbiote, if any of The True Romantics wish to enter this contest, see me for their entry fee. I'll have my accountant make the neccessary payments for myself.

Report Post Tip

Alabama has kindly offered to cover any entrants from The Cheese Syndicate too.

What a girl!

~C~

Report Post Tip

I'm glad to have the support of my peers in Chicago. I look forward to welcoming any True Romantics into the contest.

Report Post Tip

This sounds fantastic Symbiote! I personally have never taken part in any trivia Quiz's in our world and this is most certainly going to be my first! I look forward to the day.

All I can ask is this.. Will there be a reminder about the event closer to the day? Maybe to those who have paid to join receive a mail from yourself a couple of days before reminding them? The reason I ask this is because in my old age I forget things.. and I suspect with this event being many weeks away.. I will probably forget!

Mrs-D then listens to what AlabamaWorley said..

Go on then! Throw me into that mix also. If any of my family wish to participate then please come and see me about the payment before handing them their seat. I want to make sure that any of my guys that wish to join will 100% attend. Don't wish to waste any money or your time if they aren't going to turn up.

I look forward to the day and be expecting a cheque from myself through the post very soon for my entry!

Report Post Tip

Glad to hear that Mrs-Doubtfire.

I'm really looking forward to seeing all the Chicago citizens at the contest. I'm extremely appreciative of the support it has received so far.

Report Post Tip

Looking forward to this. It sounds exciting :)

Report Post Tip

With the date drawing closer of the big trivia contest, Symbiote looks out to see if there are any more contestants brave enough to step up and throw down with the brave souls who have already signed up.

Report Post Tip

After a generous donation from Godfather -Premeir we can now increase the payout given out to contestants. In light of the on-going saga between some less than unsavoury Detroit members who are no longer with us and Godfather -Premeir and his city you would of thought he would of turned his back on me when asked for this favour; however, he dug into his pockets and handed over some cold cash. This is a testament of his great character and his unwavering belief in Detroit and Inspector Gadget's leadership abilities.

Thanks to Godfather -Premeir the entrance fee is now lowered to 250k to the few that have already paid the 500k they will be refunded their 250k. And to those who are interested I believe this is now a perfect opportunity for you to join with the reduced entrance fee.

Once again I'll like to thank Godfather -Premeir.

Report Post Tip

Following on from the generosity afforded to me by Godfather -Premeir and the city of Chicago, Godfather Roman has also offered some more money for the pot - "some" probably being an understatement to his generosity and it was a handsome amount he has given.

Following this my eternal gratitude goes out to Godfather Roman.

As a sign of their generosity and total income from entrance fees the pot is now at 6million [excluding the prize money for 1st, 2nd and 3rd]

Report Post Tip

Cheers on the 2 Godfathers that appreciates a good competition when they see one!

Report Post Tip

Sounds like fun! I'm in for it

Report Post Tip

I love to participate Mr Symbiote, please make sure my lovely CL pays my bill.
I hope I can make it!

walks to the nearest coffee shop

Report Post Tip

Count me in!

Any opportunity Raina could seize at making more money was just her thing. Nodding to some of her other family that were also participating she wanders off to brush up on some history and names.

Report Post Tip

Chade wanders up, knowing he is late to the party.

I know i am a few days later the the others, but I will cover any entry for anyone from a Las Vegas Family.

Hopefully a few of them decide they would like to attend and we can all have some fun on the 30th.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mafia Trivia Bonanza!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL