Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 23:06:24
Page:  1 
GIFTABLE PERKS: Update Started by: Squishy on Jun 16, '21 21:31

We have some major changes on the horizon, some of which require us to make a few changes on this version.

Starting from this point forward, all future giftable prizes from events as well as future giftable freebies from sales will be sent as a single transfer giftable, if the receiver gifts them to anothe playerr, the gifts are now bound by the new recipients master account and can no longer be regifted a second time.  All existing gifts in the system are exempt and can be gifted and regifted an unlimited amount of times.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

So no more donating stuff for player based games and competitions, some donators wanted to remain anonymous.   This  will make player based competitions and games more complicated and  harder than they were.   

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Is there a reason why this change is happening? Was there any sort of abuse via the gifting system that players were using? Because, other than that, I don't see why this is a good thing.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
As much as I'm for this update, this might cause a little issue with anonymity. Pretty much if someone has received a gift and the open it, the original sender gets a notification that it has been opened. Resending the gift to yourself pretty much removes that notification. After this, if you want to go incog in any future runs you wont be able to claim those without notifying other people. I'm not sure if I'm missing anything where you can claim the gifts differently, but as long as this is adressed with a feature like "Claim anonymously" it might cause some confusion.
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip
The existing anonymous gift feature will be updated to be anonymous in both directions for all new gifts.
This change is being made to increase security, prevent abuse and to help hinder creating of new master accounts so that previous disciplinary actions don't bypass the notoriety system.

So no more donating stuff for player based games and competitions, some donators wanted to remain anonymous.   This  will make player based competitions and games more complicated and  harder than they were.

I have to agree with this as well. I know quite a few people send up prizes to their leaders during city/district/community competitions created by the user base (sometimes for in game competitions as well). This will definitely put a negative process for handing out rewards when it’s user base created.

Starting from this point forward, all future giftable prizes from events as well as future giftable freebies from sales will be sent as a single transfer giftable, if the receiver gifts them to anothe playerr, the gifts are now bound by the new recipients master account and can no longer be regifted a second time.

Will there be a way of telling which perks are unlimited versus single transfer before purchasing from another member? Only ask because there are members that buy perks in bulk at a lower rated to sell at an increase for profit. Also, besides looking at the date when such perk was given will there be away for the user holding the perks to know which perks are unlimited versus single transfer?

At the end of the day if the change we’re made for what you mentioned than I definitely agree for such. 

Report Post Tip
I'll see what I can come up with to handle the above.
Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GIFTABLE PERKS: Update
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL