Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 21:23:06
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Notoriety Started by: Squishy on Jun 16, '21 22:47

I have completed a few new features in the new version that I will be porting over to this version in a slightly simplified way that works with this versions current tech and GUI.  One of which is called Notoriety. Many existing features in this version are limited by Rank, but in the new version, some are only opened up once you reach certain Notoriety thresholds.  Basically, the higher your Notoriety score, the more new features will be accessible to you.  But this works both ways, some features will be restricted if your score drops too low. 

For example: 

The size of the HQs able to be purchased/maintained as well as the ability to be a hand requires a certain level of Notoriety. Notoriety is a combination of many metrics that all add up to give an overall Notoriety score.  Things such as forum activity (thread/posts read, written, replies received, tips sent, tips received, number of moved/wacked, etc), general game activity, lounge activity (main, crew chat, etc), rank, units, sponsor track record (number of first contacts, number of associates, ranks achieved by associates, etc), wack (attempts on Durdens, Rogues, Roguettes, MIAs, RIAs, soon to retire CAs, unemployed BGs, etc), graveyard attempts, jailing attempts, PP attempts, DFP activity, drug transactions, CA profit, prowess, event participation, hustle history - the list goes on and on for things that add to your notoriety.  There are also things that lower your Notoriety like track record of disciplinary actions, longer stretches of inactivity, longer stretches of low prowess.

While in an ideal world, everyone would be the "complete package", but we fully embrace that not everyone utilizes every aspect of the game, nor should they be required to.  To make up for this, you can overcome some of your weaker aspects by compensating in others.  Pretty much all good activity in the game contributes towards your Notoriety,  lack of activity or bad activity takes away from it.  Over the next few weeks I will be honing the notoriety score to achieve a common sense benchmark that will be easily achievable by any player.  Once I feel that I have a good balance and everything is weighted properly, your score and its breakdown will be displayed to you in a new status screen, complete with a breakdown of all your contributing factors.  At that time, some of the new features/requirements will be turned on for you guys to play with.

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $540,000 Tip

This change seems really good tbh. I think it's a good idea to have some weighted factors intervene in being a hand, a CL, etc.

Good shit. Hopefully, the system will work well.

By the way, will there be a sort of page that shows you what score you need to be CL, hand, etc. or is it more of a "figure it out for yourselves, plebians" type thing?

Report Post Tip

I agree this sounds like a really cool feature, I can't wait to see it implemented. Truly, just glad to see all the hard work coming to fruition! 

Report Post Tip
Hopefully with this “ notoriety “ thing those who are GFs and CLs hands that get boost for being in those positions if they are inactive for so many hours in a week those boost are weakened or not applied . To keep those in those positions that reach those milestones to keep them around . It’s some Chairmen’s CLs etc that go missing or activity goes down after they get them “big boy” spots . If those people active is above game average they should get an extra boost on top of that . Just my thoughts on how it should play. But in other words this is a good add can’t wait to see how it is worked in .
Report Post Tip

RileyFreeman something similar to that has actually already been implemented to an extent.

https://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/1585703#24153412

Excited to see notoriety though Squishy, it sounds really interesting. Is this something that will have to "wait to go live until everyone alive at this time has died" or is it something you can add in and allow to retroactively calculate based on our current character's previous weeks/months?

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
I'm Already boned on prowess, but how much time away do you get before you lose what boils down to the new rank feature?
Report Post Tip
Hopefully he doesn’t make that information public and keeps it a secret. So it can be a guessing game . Same with what the boost is what it takes away all that stuff . Leave it to the unknown I hope
Report Post Tip

Well, I would hate to see what my Notoriety would be. 

Report Post Tip

I am really liking this for sure, wheat and chaff as some sayings might go. My guess is those that like it are putting in the graft anyway....will watch with interest on this thanks Squishy! Erm need to go and do some jail breaks or something and chat to the city.......

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Notoriety
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL