Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 20:37:27
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Colours Started by: hardon-withasuitcase on Jun 17, '21 12:38

Don't know how this will be received but anyway...if you aren't affected or know someone that is Dyslexia can be greatly helped or hindered but colour of text. Most with it have their colour that makes things not jump around or jumble etc....for those of us that do colour code cities etc the range is limited and some are problomatic....I wondered if the range might be possible to be extended at all? Like I say quite a niche thing and not necessarily something a text based game should need to allow for but wondered if it was an easy thing to add or change please?

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Sure, put together a formal suggestion detailing what you want and I'll take care of it when I introduce theming in the new version.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Thanks Squishy if you wish me to start a new thread happy to otherwise in answer to the questions for a formal suggestion please see below.

What is your idea?

To add more colours to the options for groups and / or more differential between the exisiting shades currently available.

Has your idea already been suggested in some form or another before? (Check the Suggestions forum for past threads with ideas the same or similar to yours.)

Not that I can see from searching...

What does your idea entail?

Adding more colour choices for contacts and groups and increasing the shading in the current colours to make them more distinctive.

How can your idea be successfully implemented into the game as it stands?

This was why I just did an initial toe dip ask before going formal to see if it was a relatively easy thing or not to implement. It seems it is manageable would not negatively affect any user and potentially assist several players / users.

What major changes would be needed to make your idea work?

Add more colour options for groups in manage contacts and or more difference between the shading options within each colour that is currently there

What is the positive impact of your idea?

For people with Dyslexia assistance in being able to use colours that allow them to read all info needed, for the wider community more colur choices and maybe a nice change...

What is the negative impact of your idea?

I can't see one except the work needed to implement it, happy to be corrected though

How may your idea affect the rest of the userbase?

Any comments welcome here, I can't see this as being anything other than a good thing, more colour choices, people with dyslexia get to manage things more easily on what is primarily a text based game.

Report Post Tip
You would know best what works for you, I can only guess. What color choices would you like?
Report Post Tip

Hey Squishy would it be possibly to make the color chart for the contacts, the same system for profiles, or an addition option? That way people who may have the same issues but different colors have the option to play with all the options available. 

Report Post Tip
So...if this is a thing...there will have to be an option to turn it off for those if us who are different types of color blind and see colors different and rely on things being not colored to see them easier. Lol
Report Post Tip

Hi both above really good points...I can't comment on colour blindness as I am not and hadn't even thought about it that way, at the moment the colouring is an option anyway that you physically action yourself if you want it - would that get round the challenge for colour blindness? My A Level physics teacher was colour blind, that made making circuits interesting when checking which leads we were putting where etc!!! Would be a nice touch too re the profiles again no idea if this is an easy thing though.

I had hoped others with it might comment, we tend not to want people to know we are sadly as it is seen by some as being a bit....well not clever. Thank you to those that have messaged direct. Regarding colours Sqishy it would be different for others who struggle but the main thing is a range and the depth or lightness of the colours....for example no matter really where I click on the range in the orange and brown both jump into each other on screen so the names from 2 cities blend or even make a name from letters from each that aren't the names...must sound odd. LOL I feel I should have asked Duluex for a colour paint chart! Just to add to the mix the most common by far font style that dyslexic people can read with more ease is comic sans the research shows, is it an option for some to just click and see text like posts etc in comic sans?

For the colours Squisy it is more the contast colours that either do really well or badly so would help to have more to not have to use the ones that do badly...In 'normal' reading it is usually white background with black typing, it is switched here...I don't wonder if the option to change the background colour for contrast might fix most things for those that struggle and be a bit funky for those that don't as an added feature...?

So coding I am crap at son I can only ramble about colours....it is more the stronger contrast colours and the light or darkness of it - for example I wear lenses and my colour is celery green lenses that stop the letters etc jumping around, if it were say grass green dosen't...like I say totally get it is a text based game and I manage - I write on a green background and copy and paste over etc. The city colours are a bit tricky, to ask dumb questions then - is like almost florescent of each main colour type possible and or a muted version of the identical colour too so for say the colour brown you can have: light, dark, florescent, muted and shaded....3 of thos things already exists so think I am asking about florescent and muted and I have no idea how that translates for coding purposes!

As an aside did we loose the black option for those we didn't wish to see / had blocked? It might honestly be just a case of click to switch to comic sans and or you've chosen brown and a shade now make ir bright or dull etc...Every cloud and all that just for info I am great at descrambling witness statements! The letters are jumping about anyway so boom! 

Report Post Tip

I have a pretty extensive list of things still needing to be wrapped up on the new version, but I have basic template support in so that the user can pick from a few predefined templates.  As a further down the road option - I can make it so that the user can pick any color for any text as well as any font, as well as see if I can come up with an 'override' to replace any other user defined colors in their profiles and give you the ability to offset them by numerical value maybe?  (All greenish shades switch to blueish shades, something like this)

Im laying the foundation for a fair bit of accessibility options, but truth be told its going to be a while, but when we switch to the new version I can see if I can get the users to submit a bunch of proposed color themes to maybe address the more common issues, and then down the road be able to just create their own for themselves.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

......AND.....that's why you are amazing....what you said yes......LOL. Seriously though that sounds brilliant - and just funky a nice option for most and really helpful for a smaller user base too. I'll sit tight with interest and thank you! Ps I don't even like celery. Life can be cruel sometimes! 

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Colours
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL