Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 10:26:32
Page:  1 
Figure it Out Moonshinery Started by: Wayne on Jul 04, '21 02:23

Wayne and the gang had just moved operations to his childhood home of Bricktown, Detroit. They needed a base of operations so Wayne had purchased the old family Farm and got it into shape. The idea was to grow their own moonshine and sell it out of the old barn. The feds (ninety or so of which were employed by Uncle anyway) would never come knocking, because what kind of moron moonshined out of a farm in downtown Detroit? Wayne's kind.

Wayne, Bosco, CharlesDawson and Squirrelly-Dan planted all the corn by hand back in the spring. It was honest, hard work. By now they had begun making the moonshine and selling it from the barn. Wayne routinely held parties in the barn as well, where the family could enjoy an ice cold Puppers or a home made moonshine while Carmen rode the central bracing beam and Brutus drooled from the corner. More often than not, he'd end up with a lump on his head. 

The barn was simple enough. It was big, red, and built by Amish folk like Qui-Gon-Jinn. It would stand the test of time. The space inside was mostly open, a big dance floor basically. They set up a makeshift bar in the back made out of old fence gates and milk crates. Two large coolers sat behind the bar - one full of Puppers, one full of bottles of Figure it Out™ Moonshine. Nanno tended the bar, wooing all the simps and generating excellent sales.

On the evening of their official move to Detroit, Wayne invited the whole gang out to have a party in celebration. Handing out mason jars of moonshine to everyone present, he raised his own in a toast.

"Thank you all for coming with me on this journey. Here's to the future here in Detroit, and many more parties to come!"

Report Post Tip

Carmen looks around and feels proud to stand beside her family, chin up, not being judged. And after such a hard work and so many losses she thinks that they really deserve a party.

She looks at Wayne 's serious but satisfied expression and feels happy. She knows she's safe and that the work is never ending, but that she'll always have her place there.

She rubs a tissue on Brutus' face, laughs and turns her attention to the toast that was about to happen. She lifts her family's moonshine up and cheers:

"To our future!"

Report Post Tip

Duncan looked around with a stoic expression before taking a swig of his moonshine. His eyes squeezed shut and he crinkled his nose.

Holy moly! What do you put in this shit?

He tipped his hat to some of the guys hanging around the bar as he made his way to join @Brutus. He passed several friends and family members alike, giving high-fives and periodically taking another pull of moonshine. It burned so good...so good. His head started to feel a little funny, but hey, it was a party after all and there was no practice tomorrow.

Scoot over friendo and let me enjoy as well. Hey, don't point that thing at me!

Duncan inhaled deeply as he took in the scene around him. It wasn't Philadelphia, but with time, he could certainly get used to this new home.

Report Post Tip

@Squirrely-Dan manned the front door in his jean overalls.  They were the best things to wear when your belly tended to hang over your junk.  He hacked on his dart and walked around with his Puppers (two more fresh Puppers in his bib pocket along with some more darts to hack.

"Now this here's whats I'm speakins of, Wayne.  I thinks we all got something to learns from this place."

Dan nods at Wayne and continues to survey the land.

Report Post Tip

Wayne stood there leaning against the wall, surveying the party that had begun to fill the barn. These were his people, and he was proud to have them around. Even Duncan had made an appearance, notably bumping his head on the light bulbs hanging from the ceiling. He was hoping McCreary might make an appearance soon, things had been pretty busy over there on 12th Street getting set up.

Squirrelly-Dan had made his way over with a Puppers and a dart, Wayne noticed.

"Sure, I'd have a dart."

He extracted a cigarette from his shirt pocket and lit it up, dragging slow and hard. Nanno brought him over a fresh Puppers with a simper and awkward little curtsy. Wayne stood there and watched Carmen dance for a bit with brutus. It was gonna be a good night for hay.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Figure it Out Moonshinery
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL