Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 15:59:45
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
40-45 unit members being kept at Wise Guy for Heat Started by: Izayah on Jul 08, '21 23:15
Suggestion is simple, if someone has previously been a made man or higher, they don't give heat when they're shot because they switched a family.

Take now for instance, smart play is keeping those members at wise guy so if they're shot, they give heat to the shooter.

Considering they were a Don or consig literally right before that, the smart play is also abusing the system and not the purpose it was set into place to begin with.

To hide behind heat when you should be a more than capable target seems cheap and like I stated, abuse of the system the CLs are given under the circumstances.

Should change or be tweaked to make it more fair given that we see how it's manipulated now.
Report Post Tip

Not to mention, a former Don sitting at Wiseguy can be proed by just about anyone without auth. Definitely not what the system was designed for I'd say.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Consider this they joined a new family and are not known or necessarily trusted by their new boss yet. Therefore they haven't in their new family gained the privilege of the buttons they previously attained in their old family. 

Report Post Tip
Agreed. Maybe needs a unit cap? You hit 40 units and you shouldn't give heat?

The tactic is being used in a smart manner given the mechanic as it is right now to the CLs, not doubt. But needs adjustments to make it's more of a flushed out mechanic.
Report Post Tip
That's a scenario, Johnny. And a common practice in families. No shit lol

We're just saying the mechanic has abusive mannerisms behind it and needs tweaking.
Report Post Tip
Another example: an over 100 day, 35 unit, VWP member like Johnny here, shouldn't give heat for being shot lol. Abusive system.

Keep the promotions as they are because it's true these people sometimes need to earn their stripes with their new members, but take away the heat from shooting members who previously had their button so they dont abuse the system.

Like Johnny here lmfao.
Report Post Tip

I'd say for the situation I mentioned, once you leave a specific HQ, you can not return to that HQ for X hours. You maintain your rank upon leaving the family, and still drop if you join a new family. This would leave the option for people actually transferring crews to still do it and have to earn their rank back, while preventing someone from leaving the HQ and coming right back for a free demote and 10 extra proers.

TBH the entire idea of a made+ leaving a crew for any reason other than taking their own HQ is very unrealistic. Perhaps it would be better to just go all out and say if you are made + and leave a family, you can't join another one? But that might be going too far.

Report Post Tip

Let's look at this objectively.

In the real world, do mobsters get demoted?  Do mobsters lose their rank if they leave or are turfed out of a family?  Rain check, the answer to both is no.

If you fuck up, you die.  If you leave a family, you die.  If you break Omerta, you die.  I never understood this "heat" thing, I don't understand what it adds to the game when they system can be gamed so easily, like it is at present.

Seems like a mechanic that would not be missed if it was to be removed.  Or, failing that, everyone gets heat regardless (which will not be appreciated by the majority).

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: 40-45 unit members being kept at Wise Guy for Heat
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL