Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 21:40:05
Page:  1 
War: The World Reset Started by: Technical on Jul 09, '21 13:47

From your fellow war strategist that participated in the recent war on JoynerLucas' side. This is more meant to explain that you normally under estimate your potential. Many of times throughout my years I have heard we don't have enough guns.

Well for reference this last war was done with 8 hitters

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Was it enough guns?

Report Post Tip

And somewhere about 10 1%s grats man

Report Post Tip

The simple fact is a coordinated strike is always going to work better than what seems like chickens running around with their heads cut off.   When a small group are hitting and pro'ing. is easier to manage, communicate, coordinate.   When things cross city lines then i find problems arise e.g contact x for targets, y for pro'ing and that person then goes offline.   No one wants to be giving out their info to everyone even in a war to be honest.   Plus is going to be groups of people who are happy to see the death, they look at it is as opportunity for them, when others know so dissassociated they don't care.   Means the small group can do a hell of a lot of damage.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

So I accidentally hit enter on my phone as it slipped so that was posted early...

If you plan on fighting someone you can do it. Don't have fear that you aren't strong enough. If you feel someone is going to take you out, don't sit there and wait for it. All that ever accomplishes is you and sometimes your family in the graves. There are many people out there that can effectively war. Always learn and ask questions from the people running them if you don't know how to. You can always pick up tricks of what performs well in whatever situation you are in.

Recently this past 10 months I have no complaints about how all the wars have went. Please keep fine tuning your knowledge as a community. There are several roles as a person in a war and you could fulfill either one of them

• Proer (Protecting the hitter) - Normally my go to strategy is to use the partner system at the start. You use this person as a proer until one of the partners are dead.
  • Hitter (Killing the targets) - You will be all hands on deck to use everything in your power to search and destroy all targets in your range until they are neutralized.
  • Informant (Watch who goes in and out of your city) - You focus on who enters the city and who leaves. You provide this information to the war strategist as fast as possible. Make sure it's on the high priority targets or people of interest. (Upper Structures, Strong Hitters and their proers)
  • Hitlist Watcher (You refresh that hitlist for hours to gain intelligence on pro time estimations) - You are a godsend and the world owes you a favor. You don't need a witness statement to know when to refresh if this information is used correctly.
  • Jail Spy (You find targets that are not online) - You give the war strategist information of which city a target is in. You see a high priority in jail? Tell your war strategist so we know someone's last known location.
  • The Proer's proer (Yes you are right, you protect the proer of your crewleader or high priority hitter) - I still can't believe not many people use this strategy. Can you please protect the proers that are protecting your assets! If your proer is protected with you then you get to refresh without worrying if your proer is going to die.
  • Unprotected Checks (You try people on purpose in the wrong district to see if they are still protected) - You don't refresh, you just check.
  • Bodyguard Killer (You kill bodyguards) - You should never use all your hitters on the first wave to kill Bodyguards. The risk you take using this strategy gives away the whole purpose of first strike. First strike is meant to prevent as much damage as possible immediately. A Bodyguard can't kill you, the players can.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Was it enough guns?

To take over all the cities? Did at any point you feel like you were going to get our major guns? Because I knew exactly when ours were going down. Besides JoynerLucas that one you did beat our proer.

And somewhere about 10 1%s grats man

Those always happen during site wars. I am sorry it happened to those players but you had wayyyy more risk on getting those than we did. So it kind of makes sense.

Report Post Tip

True, but I still think we killed more of our own (well, CLs at least) than joyner did, just my opinion. I may be wrong

Report Post Tip

The simple fact is a coordinated strike is always going to work better than what seems like chickens running around with their heads cut off.   When a small group are hitting and pro'ing. is easier to manage, communicate, coordinate.   When things cross city lines then i find problems arise e.g contact x for targets, y for pro'ing and that person then goes offline.   No one wants to be giving out their info to everyone even in a war to be honest.   Plus is going to be groups of people who are happy to see the death, they look at it is as opportunity for them, when others know so dissassociated they don't care.   Means the small group can do a hell of a lot of damage.

I understand your point here. It can be done as long as you create roles of who is keeping track of pro times. I know I've help manage many big war efforts before. It can seem complicated but at the end of the day it's all math.

Report Post Tip

Well i find if can get a few things in line is great.   People are so used to a takedown not a war, is part of the problem.   Many are not used to when soemone else shoots first, just when they do.   Shoot, leave a few stragglers, job done nearly.   With the damage clank living so long, then smash, it kinda said something was wrong with chasing people down.   Then of course the less people there are to defend, suddenly the more someone always tries to take the opportunity.   

I was talking to JTG the other day, and i said, there is always a post war war, as people try and establish a new regime, get bored etc.

Report Post Tip

I think it's appropriate and high-time that war strategy becomes a little better known in this game. Like you've said, I've seen countless times where people with guns simply allow themselves to die because they don't know how to take action. Groups like yours like authing such leaders because they know they're safe.

I think you ran a good war. Apart from 1%s and Joyner's last shot, the last 18-24 hours featured very few significant obits that were going to change the outcome, but you made it last longer than it should. We had things locked down enough late in the war that finding targets wouldn't be easy (and suffered 1%s because of it). I think if the 1%s weren't so severe, the outcome would look a lot less impressive.

That being said, I think there are some fundamental imbalances in this game that favor the strategy you employed. With so many districts, a constant stream of 425k credit offers, four-hour protection, and a sea of unsponsoreds to hide in, there's nothing stopping a rich player with 8 friends from doing it indefinitely, and letting the 1%s drop most of your opponents.

The size of team required to track down and kill a single 101 stealth shooter and all potential proers just becomes infeasible. Refreshing hitters, proers, locals, etc.- you need a team of 20+ for one guy, and the number of people willing to take this game that seriously for that long is not that big.

Players lost interest in helping in the first 24 hours and it becomes a matter of "who has less of a life" to interrupt the near-constant attention this game demands in war time. And frankly, it's something that I wish would actually be addressed as a serious negative this game has. We came face-to-face with the fact that refreshing is stupid and hammers the server, something the PLAYERS don't even want to do, and the only "fix" was to make refreshing more frustrating in order to protect the servers.

For most players, that war wasn't fun. Between the mass graves of blue unsponsoreds we had to mow down to get to actual proers to the people who were refreshing for days to the people who toil for months to get 1%ed when the time came to step up. Are we ever going to address that the endgame MR has to offer is actually really fucking dumb? And we're surprised more people aren't leaping for the chance to be in those shoes?

Report Post Tip

Mostly I agree with shyguy. But there is one caveat that he missed, and that was, that a past, and hopefully now dead regime, helped to drag this war out and make it much more effective that it should have been. As most people should realize by now Joyner was just a gun, a damn nuke of a gun, but still a gun none-the-less. This should be obvious to everyone by the mass retiring of some new accounts. That is why new and blue accounts were targeted. No other reason. We who are left want this game to thrive. I think that will be apparent in the future. 

Report Post Tip
This was not a proper reset. Plenty of people still alive to be leaders etc. A proper reset would be a handful of individuals left. Not entire districts. Was phenomenal fighting on both sides. Look forward to the progression the country makes together.
Report Post Tip

The size of team required to track down and kill a single 101 stealth shooter and all potential proers just becomes infeasible. Refreshing hitters, proers, locals, etc.- you need a team of 20+ for one guy, and the number of people willing to take this game that seriously for that long is not that big.big

It has nothing to do with the roll on the account and more so to do with the lack of understanding of war and combat on here. Even those players that are conisderd combat vetts get laughed at by players who have experinced it more and have a deeper understanding of it. No one can explain to you how its done sure they can give you a guideline but you need experince.  Taking a pro for 20 hours is not experience.  You are not learning anything by protecting yourself and sitting on your hands. If players wish to learn more about war. There needs to  be more wars. Something I dont think the community wants. 

Report Post Tip

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I've had enough of war for awhile. I want to get back to what I do best and that is making money.

Report Post Tip

If players wish to learn more about war. There needs to  be more wars. Something I dont think the community wants. 

Thats true, Most likely because not alot of people want to put time and effort into a character only for it to be killed in 20 days or so. But that's what would make this game fun. 

Report Post Tip
Perhaps a minority opinion, but I think the longer and more complex a war, the better. The entire-city-levelled-in-one-strike thing is... Well.. boring.

Ensuring that strategy, planning and initiative are important, even more important, than gun size makes thie game much more interesting

The politics of this world and the alliances struck keep it interesting
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: War: The World Reset
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL