Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 22:06:42
Page:  1 
A Design for the Community Started by: Illuminati on Jul 09, '21 16:44

Loud swearing and in disbelief the officer opened the door of the cabin. Both bodies and bullets littered the floor. Not a piece of decoration or furniture was without the marks of destruction. Detective Redford instructed her men to identify the bodies and get her the clues she needed. It just took her a minute to recognise Ghostbuster, a consigliere to some of the Dons these days. He was considered more relic than relevant. After pulling back his lifeless body, she picked up the note that was on the desk underneath.

I know they are closing in and my escape does not exist. At times I’ve wondered if there is one or whether we are all trapped in an impossible maze, exploring the same pathways over and over, but never moving forward. I know that desire to move forward is why they chose me. Yet, with my nearing demise I am yet another failed attempt at change.

We knew this would be a long-shot, but it was necessary. Destruction isn’t our game, but a means to end. An end that will not manifest by our doing. Change requires an empty canvas. A meaningful different approach can not be instilled if our cities are dominated by those who want to enjoy the benefits that the rulers before them also had. The more people are left standing after victory, the smaller our opportunity for change. The short-term claim to power and status is more attractive than the drive to innovate.

With that knowledge, my last...

“Harris, look at what this guy wrote!” The detective called over one of her men. “If someone hadn’t shot him in the head, he would have succumbed to his own ramblings. I guess the mess in his head explains the mess on his carpet.”

“No idea.” Officer Harris responded. “But it’s a mess for sure. Is there anything else that could help us figure out what went on around here? Did you check the drawers?¨

It wasn’t long before they found more ramblings that drew their attention. The officer put the paperwork on the wooden table and called the others, who all softly mumbled as they read over what was written.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

In recent times whispers have gotten louder. Both public and government voices speak up against organised crime. Where we are supposed to be a guard between the opportunities of law-breaking and the comfort of civilian life, we became a bomb under society. Like a magnet we attracted violence, with innocent bystanders meeting their end and our income streams drying up. In an attempt to restore the careful balance we once had, the Illuminati intervenes in organised crime in America.

Rules of Entrepreneurship

1. We allow anyone with the ambition to start a crew, to do so, in a location of their choosing.

2. We allow 3 crews per district in the main operating hubs in America, totalling 54 crews.

3. We allow 10 people per crew at maximum.

4. We allow forming Syndicates, also known as multi-crew alliances.
    Members of Syndicates should clearly identify as such.

5. We demand a weekly operating commission per crew.
    For single crews this will be $1.000.000 per week.
    For crews part of a syndicate this will be $2.000.000 per week.

1. 50% of the total will flow back to those with excellent initiatives and appearances in that week.

2. 50% of the total is used to keep healthy relations with the government to prevent additional pressure from law-enforcement on organised crime in America. Any remaining funds will flow back to initiatives supporting the community.

Rules of Engagement

1. We allow competition and expansion, yet we do not seek extra attention from law enforcement due to violent syndicates.

2. We allow isolated crew vs. crew conflicts, aka Turf Wars.
    This also counts for crews part of a syndicate.
    The take-away here is One versus One.

3. We allow multi-crew conflicts, aka Syndicate Wars, however this draws the attention of law enforcement. To make them turn another eye the initiating parties are required to pay $10.000.000 at the commence of their action and another $10.000.000 the following week. After that, attention is diverted.

1. A Syndicate war starts as soon as members of multiple crews launch an attack on another crew or Syndicate.

2. A defending crew, part of a Syndicate, is allowed to request support of their Syndicate at no expense.

3. When a defending crew, activates support from their Syndicate, a single-attacking crew can call in support from their Syndicate at no expense. The take-away here is that take-downs by multiple crews are taxed, where escalated war scenarios are free of charge.

4. We allow new crews to emerge in a full district, given they initiate action against one of their competitors. Obviously existing parties are allowed to defend their turf, yet they can not rally support from other crews than those they form a syndicate with. 

As our society progresses, numbers will be evaluated and updated to ensure healthy operations. We operate on the shady side of the law. Exploiting loopholes in aforementioned rules puts you at risk of facing consequences made up on that same side of the law. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Less Members
This means you expect more from those you have in your crew. Inactivity amongst your members can quickly work against you, which gives you more reason to motivate and train your people to do a good job. It requires a more focused approach that reaps more results from less people.

This attention to members will create a bigger pool of emerging talent to fill all the possible positions available in the game. This gives people the chance to further develop. With this experience we increase the possible competition that established elites from whatever group/regime needs to keep them in check.

More Opportunity
The same old lines being authed. Infants, who had famous parents, getting appointed as hands. These things will always happen, but with ridding of the auth system and opening up a lot more positions it creates opportunity for those normally overlooked. There will be a scramble for real talent. Having two lazy friends as hands directly means you have two less spots for real talent knocking on the door to benefit from in a small crew.

Less Money
Purchasing property and reinforcing it costs money. Maintaining armies of bodyguards costs even more. With less money per crew we prevent a potential exciting dynamic being skipped over. If an army of bodyguards is unreachable, our public relations become ever more important to make sure we’re being seen as a valuable asset in strategy, power, humour, vision or whatever. It requires you to be better than your competitors, not richer.

More relations
The open design of the community and the smaller crews introduce a lot of variables. In these early stages people cannot rely on Godfathers or Syndicates for protection, which pushes them to more actively engage in building relations and public appearances. Crewleaders are an obvious candidate for this role, which increases the responsibility of hands to take care of the inner-crew workings.

More controlled action
Incidents happen. Expansion is a healthy business strategy. These issues can generally be solved by Turf Wars. Syndicate Wars come at a price-tag to help create more balanced violent interactions aimed to resolve conflicts, rather than annihilate cities. 

Compliance with the Illuminati
With our design of the community we aim to address many recurring problems within our society. While at its core the design is more open than what we are commonly used to, it comes with restrictions. We recognise this may invoke unwillingness to comply, which is a healthy sentiment. You can respond to these restrictions in two ways.

1. Do not comply and see what it brings you and those around you in the short/long term.

2. Comply and ...

1. Pay operating commissions, which are largely invested back in the community.

2. Restrict your operating size, giving you focus and more meaningful relations.

3. Accept the challenge. When was the last time you really did that?

Discussion with the Illuminati
We aim to break the status-quo and lift organised crime to a higher level overall. Innovation comes with failing experiments and growing pains. You are encouraged to participate in the success of innovation and in that we welcome respectful challenges to our initiatives. The success of our future is in the sum of our efforts to do better.

Report Post Tip

Disclaimer

While our attempt to change the pace of organised crime in America never started, we do like to offer our ideas as inspiration. Our support, through Ghostbuster, in a path of destruction had a clear goal: start with a blank canvas as we believe that social change is possible when all start at point zero and are of equal standing. As a community of organised crime in America we are not at that point, but a lot closer due to recent events. Those left standing have an opportunity to do something extraordinary now. We do not recommend leaders using this design, unless they motivate themselves for the execution. Instead we would like it to be an inspiration to those who have an almost blank canvas in front of them.

You have more than one color to paint with.
You do not need to consolidate power with those you trust. You already proved to be the best.
Your creativity isn’t restricted to populating five cities and opening one for random talent.
You do not need 4 weeks to bring stability back, before you try something new.
You do not need to listen to the kin of your old Godfather who whispers advice in your ears.

Our world is restricted only by our imagination and energy.

Happy painting.

The enlightened.

The Illuminati offers condoleances to all those who lost family and loved in recent days. We especially mourn those young of heart and full of energy and dreams. May heaven treat you better than we did to you on earth.

Report Post Tip

TheBeast steps up to the soapbox and clears his throat

"Do not listen to the ramblings of this schizophrenic lunatic. He has no idea what he's talking about. Disregard any of his BS, these are not the rules and no one has to follow them. Thank you for your time"

Report Post Tip

Carmen looks around and suddenly laughs her ass off after reading so much nonsense. Then she wonders what kind of drugs this guy was using. She thinks that she shouldn't spend her saliva, so she leaves without saying a word.

Report Post Tip
With him dead are we still following these guidelines?
Report Post Tip

These are all horrible ideas except one. I do think the occasional allowance of crew v.s. crew turf wars with no interference wouldn't be the worst idea. 

No one is following these guidelines.

Report Post Tip

Wholeheartedly agrees with Carmen

While I always love the input of the people here in the community, the timing of this is just wrong. 

Ghostbuster had a vision that he wanted to instill and for whatever reason, he decided to flip sides in the most recent war as I'm guessing he thought that was his best bet in surviving instilling his vision.  I'm not sure, I'm not that enlightened.  Nonetheless, they all died - as did he. 

To the victor goes the spoils, not the gangster kin of the mobster that flipped sides.  

I appreciate the fresh idea - but the timing is just wrong in my opinion. Cheers.

Report Post Tip
I think what you’re doing here is passively aggressively trying to get someone else’s speech moved elsewhere on account of your OOCitis. That isn’t fair to them. It’s easier to just remove your comment. It’s probably easier to remove the one above, as well.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I have often wondered about the limit on crews in cities. It's a weird feeling when the supposed rambling idiot starts making sense. Maybe it's just because I haven't spent a lot of time here but I would comply with a lot of what is mentioned here. Keeps more people alive and doesn't completely take away from mafia life. I would still think the GFC of a city would be 100% responsible for those in their city and and if they treated they're city right they could have a decent syndicate right there... 

Report Post Tip

This is a stretch of the imagination for sure, mind bending one might say. After reading this I only have one small question: ...Are you on drugs? 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: A Design for the Community
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL