Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 20:52:09
Page:  1 
How to be new in this country Started by: paul_with_a_p on Jul 09, '21 16:16

I have just come to this country and have read some of the rules to better understand how to survive here.
From what I have read and from what I see, there are very many who do not live up to the rules.
I may not have understood this correctly but when there are so many in obit who are blue, then there are many who break the rules of letting new ones be safe for 48 hours if they do not do any major criminal things.
How do you expect new ones to come here when you treat them this way?

Report Post Tip

This was a trying time Paul. We just ended a 40 hour war. Im sure everyone who joins is welcome now. Let me just say that things were... complicated for a bit. If you spend enough time here, and you should because there are excellent people here, you'll understand. Don't think bad of us just yet.

Report Post Tip

Let me see if I understand this correctly?
when it suits you the rules do not apply, but when there are no "trying times" all the rules apply?

Report Post Tip
Yea Paul that seems about right . Can’t take any chances with the new blood coming into these shores trying to receive a pistol and protect the opposition. Innocent or not can’t take any chances to have a war that went on for about 40 hours to go on for another 44 +
Report Post Tip

Yes, that's exactly how it works.  The "rules" are not a uniform, set in stone mechanic.  The rule about not killing -48's is to promote growth and provide a platform for new players to learn. 

That all goes out the window when it comes to total war like this.  The idea is no longer about grown but only survival.  Sometimes to survive for growth later you need to break some rules.  It is a necessary evil to ensure your team wins.  This has been implemented by both "good" and "bad" guys forever. 

Report Post Tip

So if I understand this correctly, it was both / all sides of this war that killed all those with blue in orbit, or was it just one side that felt it was worth breaking the rules to be able to win ?

Report Post Tip

Well, the opposition has thrown the rules out constantly when it suited them. I do not advocate for war or senseless death for paranoias sake. It gets in the way of making money. Like I said before, if you are truly "new" to these shores, you have a lot of history to learn, but its not my place to tell you.

Report Post Tip

TheBeast do you meen that the loosing part is the opposition that thrown the rules away ?

Or was it the winning part that is the part that thrown the rules away ?

Report Post Tip

Beep Boop. In times of war, you do anything to survive. It doesn't matter what side you're on. Beep Boop

Thanks for providing the needed social interaction to your fellow Human. The Human will proceed to sign off. Beep Boop.

Report Post Tip

Paul, spend a few months here, maybe you'll learn a thing or two

Report Post Tip

And I think you mean "losing" but sorry for being a grammar nazi

Report Post Tip

Let me see if I understand this correctly?
when it suits you the rules do not apply, but when there are no "trying times" all the rules apply?

No there are rules here for certain ways to play the game. 

Since there are so many possible scenarios there are different rules that apply at different times. 

When "new" regimes take over they then apply their blanket rules as any regime does. 

The problem is that there should be  some basic rules that apply across the board no matter what the "new" regime is. 

Report Post Tip

The thing I don`t understand here is that in the obits it says:

Blue: Under 48 - Unsponsored - Innocent
Red: Under 48 - Unsponsored - Has Trained or Mugged or Wacked

And there is the regime that apply the rules ?

I was sure that it was the rules of this country not to kill innocents ?

Report Post Tip

The issue here is that you think it is a "rule" to not shoot these innocents.

That is not a rule, but the people who have shot and killed these innocents have silently been punished with a negative mark to their gun.

We typically do not condone, and 99.9% of the time, you wont see blue names in the obits. As it has been said before, you chose to step onto these streets at a very interesting time, one that to be completely honest, does not happen very often.

You witnessed a scorched earth style war, in these situations, nobody can be considered innocent, as we have no possible way of knowing who is ACTUALLY innocent until after the shot is taken.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

How exactly do you seperate the "innocents" from the ones who trained or wacked without seeing their obits first? 

Report Post Tip

If you have all the answers, please let us know so we can do better in the future.

Report Post Tip

There is sometimes a notice in the Streets from the victors when the war is over and why it occurred. You should check here. To those who don't post these notices the new players is why you should. 

If you are older here you know the defense to being the innocent killed is to only log in long enough to see if the war is over, unless you can get  in a crew during the war, which does happen on occasion. 

The older players know that the only protection against scorched earth method is to show you are not a potential threat in the war.

How to do this:
Join a crew if one is recruiting ( no longer an innocent you are part of a family in the war).
If you choose to be a spectator do so minimally only long enough to see if the war is over. They only kill potential threats.

What is a potential threat during a war besides the other side :

Any un crewed active person that is at the age to be able to have acquired a gun. (wild card  which is therefore neutralized with death).

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I can somewhat understand the idea of dealing with a threat or rogue before they do any damage but I think the players capable of doing this are getting smarter. They're joining random crews and building with their protection. Once they have the ability then they drop/switch while the crew that housed them sleeps. It's a sad world we live in where we shoot first and don't even ask the question after. I think this game could really benefit from more opportunities. Multiple crews in the same city, no more full city wipes as same city crews would usually be "enemies". This allows competition and growth. Just a random thought though.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: How to be new in this country
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL