Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 22:56:42
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Blocking User Profile Picture Toggle Started by: Charlotte on Jul 14, '21 08:53

There are some users who have a history of using profile pictures that really make me uncomfortable personally, even if it does not break the rules. (Think common Phobias and fears etc) and I often ad-block the profiles if I accidently click on it. But there are some users who use the same picture every time they use certain names, and I would like the ability to toggle on their profile NOT to see their picture. 

I don't want to block them, but the first click every time really makes me want to cry and I would like to avoid that rather than avoiding the people who more often than not are quite lovely. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

There is an option in the options to toggle profile pictures. Whilst this is an all or nothing option, and more of a scythe compared to the scaple you are suggesting, I don't think whatbyou are asking is codable, at least beyond a checkbox in the users profile, so you are still getting that initial revulsion.

Not all user names are reserved to an individual. For instance there have been at least 3 of us in game that have used the moniker Panda over the years, without any of us feeling the need to reserve it. So if you block Panda, it would block all our pics. But what if I am the offender and I decide to use panda, but it has been used too recently, so I go with SadPanda, or P4nd4 or Pan-da? Now you see the offending image again.

So the solution would be to tie it to master account, so you don't see my profile pics ever, regardless of character. Problem is this would break Incog, making people easily identifiable and open to bloodlining and victimisation. This is why I think your suggestion is unworkable. But yeah, I understand where you are coming from, there are profile images that I have found personally offensive, that aren't against the community rules.

Report Post Tip

Yes, and I can't spell Scalpel... fml

Report Post Tip

So the solution would be to tie it to master account, so you don't see my profile pics ever, regardless of character. Problem is this would break Incog, making people easily identifiable and open to bloodlining and victimisation.

I thought of this after I posted, unfortunately. Only solution I can think of is like VIP mapping - remove the image from your saved Profile images.  

Report Post Tip

Problem is this would break Incog, making people easily identifiable and open to bloodlining and victimisation

Just food for thought, but is it really breaking incog?  If SadPanda signed up as SadPanda, isn't that on him?

That same logic kind of applies to the profile pictures.

If you want to stay incog you won't use a profile picture that you don't want to be associated with.

So I can handle this on two different levels, I couldn't do it for just that account or I can do it for the entire master account.

If I do it for the master account that means that particular image will be never viewable ever again on any of their future accounts, it would either show a different image from the pic pool or the default rank picture if they don't have a pool setup.

So really the only way incog would ever be popped is if the person decided to use a picture that they used before, and then the viewer since they have no way to know that it's not showing that picture, they would have had to have talked to somebody and through the conversation realize that a particular person doesn't have a profile picture that is played to one user that does a second.

In a tiny little way I guess it is kind of incog breaking but at the end of the day - I don't think there's a whole lot of people who go incog and then thwart their own  efforts by using a previous picture.

Report Post Tip

I was suggesting that if you linked itbto the master account and just deactivated all pictures for that account then it could be used to break incog. But if you can link it to a specific picture of a specific account then thats no issue

Report Post Tip

Oh hi there. I though I'd just pop in to say hello..... before the lights go out and bumps in the night being to occur.

Report Post Tip

Hey EvilClown hows it go... DID YOU ADD MORE FUCKINGN CLOWN PICS TO FUCK WITH ME

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Blocking User Profile Picture Toggle
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL