Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 14:35:05
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Quit stealing. Started by: Babydraco on Jul 14, '21 15:29

hmm, If you dressed in military clothes and walked around like that, ppl in the military would call you out and shame you. Isnt this the same?

Report Post Tip

Its called "stolen valor"

Report Post Tip

And now I hear that you stole Ivy's name as well???? The one who protected and defended you? You are lowest degenerate scum of the planet and forever my enemy. Have fun with that.

Report Post Tip

Now, i am going to address the topic of the thread, please do try if you will, to point out any flaws in my logic here. If you do not then I shall consider that there's no contest and my points will stand. ;)

I Will start with a rather blunt statement and frankly i do not care if you like it or not, debate the topic and the points i raise with logic please, not silly insults, its not a good look nor does it help your side of the debate if indeed you decide to 'step up' and debate this topic with me. 

There is nothing against the rules of the game, or even in life for that matter about using a name that is remotely similar to some other name. Now is there? 

Okay then, for all i know there was some time in the last 10 or so years that this game has been around that someone else used chump in their name, lets just for the discussions sake say there was.

You following?.. For anyone to just assume that i could have known that is quite frankly idiotic what is more for anyone to claim that i was using a name like one used before for some purpose, tell me then, and this is important what exactly would you suppose that purpose could possibly be?
Let me suggest a few and if i miss any you can fill in the blanks,

1, I Am using the same name as the other chumps because i admired / loved him?
2, I Am using the name of the other chumps because i am pretending to be him?
3, I Am using the name of the other chumps because i just forgot there was another chumps?  
4. I Am using the name chumps because i could not think of a name so i just randomly picked a name that someone else had used?

Can you please tell me any others i may have missed.

Next i wish to point out a few basic facts that should be plainly obvious to everybody.

Certain names are common, outside of this game, names that surely did not start here, and the first person to use such a name does not in any actual sense have a copyright or 'exclusive rights' to it, simply by virtue of having been the first to pick it on some online mafia game.. Correct or no?

And as such then even the first player to have used a name in this game was not the first person to have used it in the entire world. Or in all time. Fair comment?

When i started here a few months ago i called my character joey_hardarse .. Now, you don't see all the player names before you create a character and when i began to play i saw there was already at least two other joeys, who knows how many there has been over the years, anyhow, not one single mail did i receive telling me that i was copy someones name, not one single message saying there was any problem with it. So why i wish to ask does this strange idea of name exclusivity apply to only some names and not all of them? 

Lets just start with that, because it takes two to tango, and i wish to hear some feedback on the points i have already raised before i continue driving the point home even further, so... any takers?

Report Post Tip

Sure, the person in question was very aware that these names were being used. They were in the same crew once. After subsequent retirements and temper tantrums, and finally our crew getting wiped, said person used these names. If this person had acted like a decent human being, there wouldn't be an issue. Does that help clear the matter up?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I 100% agree with you. If they don't have the names reserved, they should stop bitching about it. However, I don't think anyone should deliberately take someone's name to pretend to be them. That's just wrong. 

Report Post Tip

I Remember back when my kid's were still growing up how one particular birthday party was ruined for all simply because of a childish dispute that erupted between my son who's party it was and one of his invited friends because both being very fond of Thomas the train they got into a dispute regarding who's toy was ' the real ' Thomas .. as my son's friend was indeed the first to have obtained the plastic train so he could not accept that one of my sons gifts was ' the real ' Thomas, so tempers flared ..toys flew threw the air.. and there was just no way of explaining it to either of  them that they were both lucky to have a real Thomas. 

The day was spoiled, and  and after only about a week or two they were back to being friends again and the whole Thomas drama was forgotten, as i recall they resolved it by agreeing that there were in fact  ' twin Thomas's ',

Another example from when i myself was at school ( 40 or so years ago now * feels old* )
there was a couple of names that were so common, one was Paul another Jason, that we used the various surnames or specific nicknames in conversation so as to remove any doubt as to what individual we were referring to. Yet never did i see a fight break out between any two Jason's about who was the 'true' Jason. ( Like highlander 'can be only ONE' styles )

So these examples i hope will help to better explain the point i am making here, IF the discussion is about a player deliberately pretending to be someone else, I Can agree that is not really right at all. 

However from what i can gather there is more to this whole discussion here than a simple matter of names being similar, the similarity of names seeming to not really be the main point at all but rather some unresolved drama that grew out of past events long before my time here, as i know nothing at all regarding the real 'beef' behind it all there is nothing more i can really add to the discussion. 

Silly me i had thought it was just about, as an example, chumps ( small c ) not being happy with  Chumps ( capital C ) simply and solely on account of some idea of name exclusivity that because of the examples i shared above, is just as and of itself a very childish reason to get into disputes over, IMO that is, perhaps nowadays it's a really big deal. * shrugs *

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The only flaw in any discussion I started was that of certain people trying to take it personal instead of taking it  for face value as a discussion in the streets to share opinions and thoughts and experiences. 

Discussion has no winner , it is not a competition, the purpose is to share ideas and find a common ground. 

I didn't know starting a discussion on a topic was throwing a tantrum. Very interesting concept there.

I suspect with your comment Charlotte that you may be one of the people who decided to take personal offense to it and instead of adding  value to the discussion you may be one  that made ad hominem attacks on myself, which means they were irrelevant to the topic.

Because why?  Just like here why bring up the rogue discussion here it has nothing to do with this topic at all and is how many characters removed. So I see you bloodline people for some pretty inconsequential and trivial reasons.  

Because you have nothing of value to add to the conversation. 

And TheBeast Really are you going to  go there? Such a weak argument.  Furthermore what Ivy did for me is between me and her.    Just because I worked with Ivy and she protected me does  not mean I know every name she used, really you know I don't keep track of bloodlines.  I only know her by Ivy as a matter of fact, just like I only know you by TheBeast or Beasty. And as far as the BabyDraco name I had no idea anyone had used it, nor do I care the game let me use it, so it was legit to use.

Plain and simple fact is this If you DO NOT want people to use a name there is the reserve name function.  

Really people the shit you choose  to harass a person over is quite trivial and says more about you than anything about the person you troll and harass. 

Report Post Tip

Too many of you people forgot about the great name reservation extortion racket.

That shit was hilarious

Report Post Tip

Furthermore TheBeasty you Do not hold me accountable to anything between me and Ivy. Ivy does that is between me and her. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Quit stealing.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL