Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:41:04
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The mourning after Started by: Aldo on Jul 13, '11 03:10

(OOC: Open RP)

His two friends recently died, the two men closest to him... That was all that was on his mind after ten shots of whiskey.

Barkeep! One more, ya bashterd!

Aldo was awaiting his eleventh shot, when someone walked in. He turned around and held his .38 in his pocket, keeping his eye on the door.

Report Post Tip

Gin and tonic please.

Archer took the stool at the far end of the bar and sat, deep in thought. The last few days had been trying, and he needed desperately to sort through it all. Unfortunately, thinking was the last thing he wanted to do. Thinking meant reliving the moments, and that was something he definitely did not want to do--not yet at least. So, he resolved to drink himself senseless. Things would be better in the morning.

This reasoning was interrupted by the bartender placing a cocktail napkin and his drink before him.

Oh, thanks.

He took the drink and sipped at it absentmindedly. It was no way to get drunk, but he couldn't seem to pull himself from his thoughts.

Report Post Tip

As Vino walks in to meet up with ArchieArcher for some moral support he notices Aldo sulking at the bar who nerverously grabs into his pocket. Vino came here only to talk with his associate but he couldn't get this man sitting at the bar out of his head. When approaching ArchieArcher Vino says...

You notice that guy at the bar? Let's have him join us for a couple of drinks.

Report Post Tip

Archer looked to the other end of the bar where a man was hunched over an empty shot glass. He had never seen the man before and hadn't noticed him there when he entered. These days, it seemed like he wasn't noticing a lot of things.

That guy? Why?

Generally, Archer didn't question his boss so openly. There was always reasoning behind Vino's thoughts, so it would make sense for there to be something cooking now. Archer just couldn't see what.

Report Post Tip

Aldo shifts his gaze at Vino, then quickly looks back at the various bottles on the shelf. Then he takes out a cigar, puts it between his teeth, and lights it.

Report Post Tip

Vino certainly had something clear in his mind, he didn't drink any alcohol yet. Trying not to look too suspicious he tells Archie to bring Aldo over here.

You will see. Now, bring him over here. Tell him a Boss of New York wants to exchange some words.

Report Post Tip

Shrugging, Archer rose from his seat and walked over to the man.

Hey...

He nodded toward Vino over his shoulder.

That guy over there's a boss out of New York. I think you should go talk to him.

Report Post Tip

Aldo deeply inhaled from the cigar, and blowing a large quantity of smoke into the air.

Fine. Lets go.

Aldo got out of his stool and walks over to vino.

What was it that you wanted to tell me?

Report Post Tip

After thinking a lot Vino remembered Aldo's face. He knew that Aldo was a Boss in Chicago and seeing him sulking he felt obliged to help out.

It seems there is something on your mind that is troubling you, would you mind telling us. We would like to help you out. For now, drinks are on me. Let's have a good talk tonight.

Report Post Tip

Aldo puffs on the cigar, and out of the politeness in his 60 proof bloodstream, he rolls Vino a cigar.

No, I don't need any more drinks. Maybe one of those sober-up shakes... I hear you're signed up for that boxing championship.

Report Post Tip

A bit baffled Vino replies...

So, you know me aswell, huh. I am going to box in that tournament, yes.

Vino takes the cigar and pockets it, he didn't want to seem unfriendly as he doesn't smoke anything.

Report Post Tip

Aye.

Aldo looks at Archie, and looks at his pocket.

What kind of gun do ya have?

Report Post Tip

Aye.

Aldo looks at Archie, and looks at his pocket.

What kind of gun do ya have?

Report Post Tip

Archer hadn't expected the question. He wasn't expecting to be included in conversation between the two powerful men. Still, he was hesitant to answer straight.

One that gets the job done.

He settled back onto his bar stool and signaled for another drink.

Report Post Tip

Aldo bursts out laughing.

Have you even shot that piece? Let me see it.

Aldo grins, while he holds out his hand.

Report Post Tip

Archer looked from the man's hand to his face and back again. He had a hard time controlling his anger. After a night like last night, the last thing he wanted was to be questioned. Choosing his words carefully, Archer ignored the outstretched hand and replied.

With all due respect, sir, I don't think my gun is any of your concern.

He glanced over to his boss, hoping to find a clue in the man's expression. What was going on?

Report Post Tip

Aldo smiled.

Have you killed a man, son? Like, REALLY, killed a man? Do you even know your gun?

Aldo sits back and exhales a puff of smoke, with his cigar between his fingers.

Report Post Tip

Archer tossed back the remainder of his drink and turned to face the man. He smiled sardonically.

You know, I've never fired a shot in my entire life. If I'm real good, the boss says I won't have to use a water pistol anymore.

He turned to Vino and stood.

I think I've had enough to drink tonight. Thanks for taking care of the tab.

He bowed his head to the other man and left the bar. He'd drink at home instead.

Report Post Tip

Aldo looks at him leave, and turns to Vino.

Is e being serious? You haven't let him kill yet?

Report Post Tip

Taking your first kill is an important step in our world. If you can do it or not and live with it will lead to your destination in this world. Of course you can make it to Wise Guy making an important wack but if you are not cut out for it you will have to resort to something else to be upped. I am taking my time to get to know my associate and will help him out finding his way around here. Once i know what's best for him i will make sure to lead him towards the right direction. So far Archie has been a perfect associate to me meaning whether or not he has water pistol, doesn't matter.

Vino goes on to talk about his beliefs on how this thing of ours works...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The mourning after
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL